NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Terrible Nautique Representative

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
Author
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-30-2016 at 12:51am
I worked with a guy who's son hit a deer on his bike. The car behind him is what did him in,this guy was very lucky especially with all that traffic.
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-30-2016 at 1:47am
Just found this
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
JPASS View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JPASS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-30-2016 at 8:22am
Originally posted by Gary S Gary S wrote:

Just found this

Glad to see the boat owner came forward. The rookie motorcyclist said this:

“I didn’t want to just swerve and possibly hit a car and get run over so I tried to get to the furthest part of the right of my lane,” said Jankowski. “I checked to see if the [next] lane was clear, and you know the rest.”

You should always have an escape route when riding a bike when things begin to look sketchy. His should have been to the left, so as not to be concerned with going into other lanes with motor vehicles. This is a lesson I was taught way back in the day when I got my first bike and took my riding classes.

I'm sure he learned a lot from this experience and will be riding safer for years to come.
'92 Correctcraft Ski Nautique
Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-30-2016 at 10:19am
Yeah, as its been said, lots going wrong here on both the Boat owner and the motorcycle rider. The "young " 20 year old was obviously very new to bike ownership, just buying his riding gear an hour earlier, and having no skills at all on crash avoidance etc. he could have saved himself big time, but panicked.... Never even attempted to brake correctly or get to the shoulder. Lucky kid !!!
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had:96' SNOB
had:76' Nautique
had 77 Tique

quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-30-2016 at 11:16am
Used to always strap a blow up doll in the drivers seat of the boat when traveling, never lost her once though I think there were times she wanted to jump, guess my knots were too good.
spiralhelix View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spiralhelix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-30-2016 at 11:44am
oldcuda View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldcuda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-30-2016 at 12:21pm
Hate to see a rider get his experience that way but with that little time on a motorcycle should not be on interstate following that close. Reaction time painfully slow. Been riding 40+ years and still a bit nervous on interstate when riding alone.Always assume that's going to fall off,the guy behind you isn't paying attention on and on.
skutsch View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skutsch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-30-2016 at 12:39pm
I think I tried to meet that guy one time to buy a prop from him (how many sport nautique can their be in Menominee, WI. Our calls got crossed and the meet didn't happen and I never got up that way again. But I agree lots of questionable decisions all around on this one. Glad no one got killed, that is a miracle.

Alan - I see we share a pet peeve - HA!
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-30-2016 at 1:01pm
It would be nice if people strapped their stuff better or had more courtesy but the bottom line is you cannot control their actions, only yours.

I know lots of people that seem to mysteriously find themselves in the wrong place at the wrong time time and time again.... Hmm, maybe it's you not them.
oldcuda View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldcuda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-30-2016 at 1:32pm
With all the people that just don't have a clue how to secure a load you really have to be on the defense. Ever get behind the guy with mattress tied to roof with 2 pieces of cheap twine holding it down in the fast lane 45 mph with his hazards on? Hazard being the key word there! With 2+ million miles on the road just when you think you have seen it all someone comes up with something bizarre.
81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-30-2016 at 1:45pm
And here's a poor guy who screwed himself
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-30-2016 at 1:50pm
The taco'd mattress is classic.

Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-30-2016 at 2:01pm
Stuff happens. The bike rider ought to thank God and get rid of the bike and buy a boat. Weird phenomenon how watching the object draws him to it.
SNobsessed View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SNobsessed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-30-2016 at 7:19pm
A semi's trailer wheel came off just in front of me,   It missed & rolled into the field. Gives me the heebie jeebies every time I think about that close call.

Edit - as opposed to all the other close calls!
“Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.”

Ben Franklin
tryathlete View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tryathlete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-30-2016 at 8:36pm
I was thinking of you as I scrolled from the bottom up and sure enough....HW. LOL! TACO!
tryathlete View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tryathlete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-30-2016 at 8:40pm
I had a tractor trailer spare rolling upright straight at me (HW you probably drive by this stretch--on RT 53 South just before 62 exit) which I just did a lane change and avoided but the guy behind me took it square to the center grille. It made a divot about a foot to two feet straight through the radiator and bounced back and off the side of the road as the poor guy slowly pulled over to the shoulder. I had seriously mixed emotions for a few seconds. Joy and sympathy fought a pitched battle until relief won out.
peter1234 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter1234 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-30-2016 at 9:53pm
I followed a brake drum and rotor recycling truck It took a dozen or so bouncers before i thought....Hey wait why not slow down and let him get away from me.
then i called the mass troopers
former skylark owner now a formula but I cant let this place go
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
  Share Topic