Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Restoring Wooden Correct Craft

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
kwas911 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kwas911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Restoring Wooden Correct Craft
    Posted: July-15-2016 at 6:56pm
Hello!!!

My family owns a 1959 wooden correct craft. The boat was purchased new and used for 29 years. It was then taken out of the water and stored in a barn, where it sits today. My father-in-law has dreamed of restoring it, but has never taken the time. We would like to do it for him for his 80th birthday.

Is there any wooden boat restoration companies in the southeast? The boat is in East Tennessee.

Thanks!!!!
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-15-2016 at 7:16pm
Keith,
Here's one in N.C. I personally don't know much about them but their list of projects is impressive and it includes several Correct Crafts. The only shops I do know of are in the Midwest and upper Midwest. What model is the 59? When's his 80th birthday? I ask because the typical turnaround time on restorations can be anywhere from 6 months to over a year depending on the condition of the boat.

Welcome to CCfan. Do you have any pictures?

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-15-2016 at 9:58pm
Keith,
Just in case you couldn't find them, I found the Correct Crafts Lowell has done under "past projects" then "inboards" then "other inboards".

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-16-2016 at 9:35pm
Keith,
Have you had a chance to contact Lowell yet or have you found another shop? I'm sure curious as to what model the 59 is plus pictures would be fantastic.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
1993R View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1993R Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-21-2016 at 11:38am
There are a couple of wooden boat resto places around the Lake Rabun area and on near Lake Keowee.

http://www.nautilusrestorations.com/
http://www.rabunboathouse.com/index.htm

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-21-2016 at 8:13pm
Originally posted by 1993R 1993R wrote:

There are a couple of wooden boat resto places around the Lake Rabun area and on near Lake Keowee.

http://www.nautilusrestorations.com/
http://www.rabunboathouse.com/index.htm

Here's the links:

Nautilus

Rabun's

Rabun's looks interesting. Lots of old wood in the pictures. I'm not too sure about Nautilus unless you want Jan to "customize"

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-27-2016 at 9:00am
I'm disappointed that Keith hasn't responded especially since a 59 wood is something that I and I'm sure others would like to see and hear more about. I know it does happen where someone will come on site, post and then never get back to us. In this particular case, it even crossed my mind that a joke was being made. I certainly hope that's not the case. Keith had signed back in several times a day and several days after the initial post so I feel there was a good chance he viewed our responses. I even sent a PM hoping to get a response.   

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
kwas911 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kwas911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-04-2018 at 10:53pm
I apologize for never responding to this post. I never could get my father-in-law to let me get the boat restored. I am still working him to get it done. The boat is actually a 1961 Atom Skier with a 135hp Interceptor engine. It has been sitting in a barn since 1989.
NCH20SKIER View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NCH20SKIER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-05-2018 at 10:38am
I would recommend Crussen Classics in Mooresville NC. Pat does excellent work and has done several Correct Crafts. You can see the Atom Skier he did (Easy Money) under the Reunion Tab and the Badin Lake Mini 2016
'05 206 Limited
'88 BFN
NCH20SKIER View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NCH20SKIER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-05-2018 at 10:47am
Yeah, the whole 3rd party hosting issue killed the above thought. The link below may help

Crussen Classics Atom Skier
'05 206 Limited
'88 BFN
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-05-2018 at 11:12am
The above referenced easy money

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic