Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

barefooter

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
flyski View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flyski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: barefooter
    Posted: June-21-2006 at 11:02pm
Which barefooter is better for footing behind the boat. The V-drive or direct drive boats. Are there any advantages to the V-Drive? Thanks!
flying skier
Bradley950 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bradley950 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-22-2006 at 11:11am
The direct drive boats tend to have a flater wake. As far as advantages I can't really see any, maybe storage in the V. That big block is going to get you on top or the water pretty quick with both.
Brad Miller
bradley950@yahoo.com
GottaSki View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GottaSki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-22-2006 at 12:49pm
I can foot inside the wake all day, but one ride behind an Excell and I felt I had to step up 14 inches to get in the wake, it was hideous. Flat table inside but who cares if you have to foot through a tsunami to cross the wake.

I'll foot behind a 2001 anyday before that.

If your serious about footing, find a Sanger DXII BF with the plate or the outboard, it doesn't get any better.
"There is nothing, absolutely nothing, half so much worthwhile as messing around with boats...simply messing."

River Rat to Mole
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic