NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

A few Fans on "Lake X" 2016

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
Author
skicat View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skicat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-06-2016 at 3:09am
A few of my pics

The Legend

Jackie having her turn

Mike behind his nice Nautique

Hollywood cutting it up

Karen warming her feet

Some rough water, but we skied through it

Skicat footin

Old fat guy happy to still be able to do it

John & Scott double run

Grizzly Adams aka Hollywood

Wayne finished his double run with John

Karen & John enjoying the cruise

Welcome back to the states Adam

Karen getting instructions from John

John & Scott double footin

Mike & his slalom pulling machine

Scotts nice BFN pulling John & Scott

Mike on a slalom run

Sun setting on a great day

Greg

86 BFN
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-06-2016 at 10:44am
Nice Pics Cat......Thanks for sharing them with us. Sorry we missed ya . Hope your Dad is doing okay.
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
roymiz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roymiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-06-2016 at 1:15pm
Wow...great pix!
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-06-2016 at 2:52pm
Originally posted by AirTique98 AirTique98 wrote:

Originally posted by IAughtNaut IAughtNaut wrote:

In the "who is your favorite ccfan" pageant does Jbear win in a landslide? None of us would have been on that lake at all if it wasn't for him. .

I KNEW it was him!!

ouch.....

looks like the 'cat is outa the bag' so to speak.

as you all can tell from the pics...a place so beautiful it is hard to describe.

there has to be a reason why we in the WSWSC have returned year after year for over 40 summers.

awesome memories made there with my brother & his family plus all our ski club friends.

there certainly is plenty of great water and room for all to share.

I do feel as tho we'll need to address the desecration of World Famous BAREFOOT cove.

john

ps; very cool to see skicat footin' on the boom. sure wish you'da done that while I was there!
hope your Dad is on the mend Greg.
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
NCH20SKIER View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NCH20SKIER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-06-2016 at 4:05pm
Great pictures
'05 206 Limited
'88 BFN
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-06-2016 at 4:19pm
Just so you know......Bill had no part of it...he's innocent!
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
skicat View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skicat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-06-2016 at 6:13pm
I would like to say that no damage was done to barefoot cove during the shooting of my pictures. They were done outside of sacred waters!

Update on my dad- 84 yr old doing things he shouldn't have fell and broke his back, some ribs, punctured lung, broken shoulder blade, & cut his head. I was up there last week and they removed his feeding and breathing tube. He is one tough old man and today they moved him to a rehab facility from the hospital and expected to be fine after a pretty long recovery. Thanks for all of the prayers and concern.
Greg

86 BFN
Frankenotter View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frankenotter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-06-2016 at 7:51pm
Awesome gathering for team red. Wow.

How did you guys get those rigs so perfectly spaced? Not an easy task with a little wind.

Why is jackie's hair still dry when she's skiing? Why is HW so bad on trick skis?

That water looks amazing. So jealous.

1999 Ski Nautique 196
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-06-2016 at 11:53pm
3 possibilities to the spacing Chris, 1- fantastic driving abilities of Team Red drivers,2- luck or 3 - alot of yelling. I suspect a combination of 2 and 3
Jackie never falls down so by the time that picture was taken her hair dried.
Hollywood and Tim seem never to fall down either so when they did it was worthy of a picture as opposed to myself who warranted a pic just for standing up.
We now need to beg for forgiveness on our defiling of barefoot cove but in our defense after all we were unsupervised out of towner's
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-07-2016 at 2:34am
Quit sucking up Gary..... apologize for nothing....good to be a rebel and rock the the boat sometimes!
lewy2001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lewy2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-07-2016 at 9:12am
Just added to my bucket list :)
If you're going through hell, keep going

89 Ski

<a href="http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=5685" ta
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-07-2016 at 12:25pm
So I've been trying to pull a Pete and get many years of service out of an impeller but not sure what I'm doing wrong. It probably hasn't been changed in 3+ years but noticed the last few times I took her out that she was running a little hotter than normal. I figured it was she was throwing a bit of a tantrum because she's been a little neglected since I got Kermit or because the water temps on the local lakes are more like bath water because of the lack of rain around here.
When we were leaving the marina down river after lunch and beer, Reid turned and ask me if the temp gage was working properly. Yep, why?   Well she's running way hot! Temp gage was pegged and the light was on. Popped the hot and Miss Scaretts heart was burning up. Used the empty bottles laying round to cool her off a bit and started pulling the pump off. Gary hung close to offer assistance and take pics of the crime scene.

I always keep a new impeller in the toolbox for this very reason so after a 30 min delay we were back underway.

Yeah, I think the impeller let me know that it was tired and calling it quits!

63 Skier View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 63 Skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-07-2016 at 1:58pm
What a waste Tim, that impeller has plenty of life left in it. I hope you put it in the toolbox for your new spare.

For those that feel they are saving $$$ by not changing impellers more often, guess where all those rubber bits end up?
'63 American Skier - '98 Sport Nautique
63 Skier View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 63 Skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-07-2016 at 2:00pm
Originally posted by Gary S Gary S wrote:

We now need to beg for forgiveness on our defiling of barefoot cove but in our defense after all we were unsupervised out of towner's

I just looked on Wikipedia, that cove used to be named "Tubing Cove" until about 40 years ago some clowns showed up and ruined it for the locals.
AirTique98 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AirTique98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-08-2016 at 2:25am
Originally posted by 63 Skier 63 Skier wrote:

I just looked on Wikipedia, that cove used to be named "Tubing Cove" until about 40 years ago some clowns showed up and ruined it for the locals.

Actually correctly known as Crooked Creek and was quite the popular fishing cove until we showed up. Old time local known as Uncle Charlie once pulled a BIG old gun from his tackle box and threatened to blow holes in the next Ski-Nauti-Q that blasted through there! End of 'footing while Charlie anywhere in the area!!
Bill
98Air Nautique

Former Owner:
1990 Ski Nautique
1981 Ski Nautique
1976 Ski Nautique
1971 Ski Nautique
AirTique98 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AirTique98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-08-2016 at 2:28am
Originally posted by Morfoot Morfoot wrote:

Nice Pics Cat......Thanks for sharing them with us. Sorry we missed ya . Hope your Dad is doing okay.

X2
Bill
98Air Nautique

Former Owner:
1990 Ski Nautique
1981 Ski Nautique
1976 Ski Nautique
1971 Ski Nautique
63 Skier View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 63 Skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-08-2016 at 8:03am

Actually correctly known as Crooked Creek and was quite the popular fishing cove until we showed up. Old time local known as Uncle Charlie once pulled a BIG old gun from his tackle box and threatened to blow holes in the next Ski-Nauti-Q that blasted through there! End of 'footing while Charlie anywhere in the area!!

That's a great story! I can almost picture Charlie reaching into the tackle box to show those young kids a thing about messing with fishtermen.

I love the old stories, I was telling my kids some of them from our lake, names and happenings they had never heard about. So much of it fades away over time.
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-08-2016 at 8:16am
Originally posted by Morfoot Morfoot wrote:

So I've been trying to pull a Pete and get many years of service out of an impeller

Tim,
I could have gotten at least a year more out of an impeller looking like that!

Seriously, I feel you are correct that you have been neglecting Miss Scarlet. Too many hours between using her so the water in the RWP is drying up consequently too many dry starts. Nothing to do about that except use her more and plan on more impeller changes. Have you installed a Timmy T? Hooking up the hose before starting sure would help too.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-08-2016 at 11:00am
She had been running fine and I've used her a bit more recently teaching some new kids to ski. The 72 is more my spring fall boat cause I need a Bimini in the heat of Summer....Miss S gets her trip to Lake X every year.... No Timmy T installed as I still go old school with the toilet plunger under the boat every spring. Probably should change it out every 2-3 years max....

Most of the pieces fell out Bruce....I filled the intake tube from the strainer to the pump with water then drained it in the bilge. Most of the big chunks came out with it. I need to drag her out of the garage and flush the rest of the cooling hoses to be sure there isn't a renegade chunk of rubber hiding somewhere.
Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-08-2016 at 11:40am
Great pics guys. Looks like everyone had a real blast !!!

Moj'
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had:96' SNOB
had:76' Nautique
had 77 Tique

jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-09-2016 at 1:12am

Uncle Charlie lived on the road into the dock. Had an very old Ford pickup. Could pull outa his drive and coast all the way down to the dock. Uncle Charlie was one of many locals that did not know what to make of our group when we first started coming to the lake. But we are now on very good terms with most all of them. Sadly most of the oldtimers are now gone.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
  Share Topic