Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - help transporting tower from Indiana to Wisconsin
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

help transporting tower from Indiana to Wisconsin

Post Reply Post Reply Page   12>
Author
flyweed View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flyweed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: help transporting tower from Indiana to Wisconsin
    Posted: August-08-2016 at 7:35pm
Hey guys,

I have a chance of buying an "airboom" wake tower from another CCF member here. They are near Indianapolis and I am in SW Wisconsin. If ANYONE may be driving from the Indianapolis, Indiana to South West Wisconsin or Wisconsin at all, please let me know if you might be able to transport an airboom for me. I would pay you with cash, or some really good Wisconsin craft beers, or a little of both!! :)

Dan
'93 Ski Nautique NWZ, Air Boom Tower
Drink Tonight..for tomorrow We Ride!
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-09-2016 at 2:12pm
Hmm, I'm going to Decatur IN in a few weeks from SE Wisconsin.
Duane in Indy View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Duane in Indy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-09-2016 at 4:38pm
Originally posted by Hollywood Hollywood wrote:

Hmm, I'm going to Decatur IN in a few weeks from SE Wisconsin.

Then eat at the " Back 40 ".    North end of town on the hiway
Keep it as original as YOU want it
        1978 Mustang (modified)
flyweed View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flyweed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-09-2016 at 7:35pm
Hollywood. If you think you may be able to pickup and transport a broken down (taken apart) tower for me, let me know and I can figure this whole thing out.

Not sure if that would work. as the tower is about an hour south of Indianapolis

Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-09-2016 at 7:54pm
I'll need to know how broken down is broken down. Maybe Zach can get it from Craig first then meet me half way.
flyweed View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flyweed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-09-2016 at 9:11pm
well, I don't know exact piece measurements..but I know it's an "air boom" tower. and There are 2 lower legs, 2 upper legs, then the top cross member. Total weight is probably 100lbs.

that's what I know. You can see the tower here, in this thread:
http://www.correctcraftfan.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=39576&KW=tower&title=tower-on-99-sport

it is the boat that C-Bass owns.

C-Bass View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote C-Bass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-10-2016 at 10:01am
I could get more exact measurements but it would be in 5 pieces. Picture below should give you an idea of the size of the 5.

2 red pieces, 2 yellow, and 1 green.

Dan, if you are wanting the bimini as well then I would need to get that from my boat and bring it home first. If that's the case I would suspect the bimini would be the largest item unless it could also be broken down.
Craig
67 SN
73 SN
99 Sport
85SN
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-10-2016 at 1:02pm
Well that's good news. I was really hoping the entire top wasn't a solid hoop like a FCT2. Being a "universal" tower I figured it wasn't but needed to ask before showing up!

I've never purchased a bimini but several here have, from GMI in Canada. I cannot imagine they shipped it fully assembled....

Seems like this will all fit in a normal vehicle.

Craig, any chance you can get the stuff to Zach on the east side of Indy?
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-10-2016 at 1:22pm
Bimini main hoop is going to most likely be 1 cont. U-shaped piece, legs are 2-3ft long, width should be close to the width of the boat at the helm, 7ft or so??
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-10-2016 at 1:34pm
Bimini should hook itself right in even if complete, like a couch through a doorway.
Duane in Indy View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Duane in Indy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-10-2016 at 1:38pm
If it is a help, I can get it to Zach. Most anytime is OK. I gave up a nasty habit (work) several years ago. Although busier now than before I am sure I can work it in. Duane
Keep it as original as YOU want it
        1978 Mustang (modified)
flyweed View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flyweed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-10-2016 at 1:47pm
I really appreciate you all helping a guy out! I'll talk to C-Bass and see just when we can make this all happen.

Thanks again guys. :)
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-10-2016 at 2:04pm
Am I really helping put an aftermarket tower on a 1993 Ski Nautique?

BTW I drink Colorado beers. Lots of them.
flyweed View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flyweed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-10-2016 at 2:18pm
LOL.....Colorado beers?? Are those suppose to be better than Wisconsin beers? LOL

I mean Goose Island and New Belgium are ok, as long as we are talking about Hamm's or Coors Light! :)
backfoot100 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote backfoot100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-10-2016 at 3:07pm
I'm torn.
To aid in that desecration either warrants a lot more than a few beers or a kick in the ass. I'm on the fence with that decision right now....LOL.
When people run down to the lake to see what's making that noise, you've succeeded.

Eddie
C-Bass View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote C-Bass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-10-2016 at 3:33pm
Originally posted by Hollywood Hollywood wrote:

Seems like this will all fit in a normal vehicle.

Craig, any chance you can get the stuff to Zach on the east side of Indy?

That wouldn't be a problem. It would take me at least until the 22nd of this month to get the bimini though. Don't know when you're planning on being down in Indiana.
Craig
67 SN
73 SN
99 Sport
85SN
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-10-2016 at 3:42pm
Ideally would like to pick this up on the 29th, 30th is a possibility.
flyweed View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flyweed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-10-2016 at 3:57pm
Guys, the end of the month would work perfect for me too.   :)
C-Bass View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote C-Bass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-10-2016 at 4:04pm
No problem. I'll grab the bimini over the 19th when I'm back down at the lake. Then try to coordinate with Zach the following week (22-26th)
Craig
67 SN
73 SN
99 Sport
85SN
skutsch View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skutsch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-10-2016 at 7:08pm
I am headed to Dubuque this weekend. Could make another trip later this month or early Sept. If I do, might save you a trip to this side of the state. Let's see when HW gets back. BTW, kev you can "test fit" it on any of a number of hulls in your backyard!!!
flyweed View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flyweed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-11-2016 at 1:57pm
skutsch....yeah that would be great...if we could get it over here to the West side of the state, from the east. Otherwise, I can figure something out with HW, I am sure. :)
C-Bass View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote C-Bass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-15-2016 at 2:37pm
Well I was getting together all the pieces of the tower and discovered that one of the aluminum brackets that connects the lower/upper pieces is missing. I hauled this thing home from the lake on the trailer last year and I'm hoping it didn't rattle loose and fall on the road (it would've been loosened when I took down the tower). I'll continue looking for it, but I doubt Dan wants a tower with a missing bracket. I could have a machine shop make a new one easy enough, but that will take more time.
Craig
67 SN
73 SN
99 Sport
85SN
illiniball2000 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote illiniball2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-15-2016 at 4:37pm
I am going to Vincennes next Monday and Tuesday. Not sure if that is close enough to help?
Beer is my friend
87 Dominique
Had 67 Starflite
flyweed View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flyweed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-15-2016 at 4:43pm
C-Bass......do you think the bracket is available from the company??

C-Bass View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote C-Bass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-15-2016 at 5:15pm
I will check, I'm sure they have the drawings for it and could make/source a new one. Might actually be cheaper to just have a machine show make one, it's very simple.
Craig
67 SN
73 SN
99 Sport
85SN
tryathlete View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tryathlete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-15-2016 at 8:04pm
HW--Yeah I know what you mean transporting an FCT2 main hoop. I'm glad you brought mine from Indiana to northern Illinois. It was a big piece to take to and from the powder coater and that's only 15 miles from my house. I'm glad it's on the boat. Still very thankful fo that gesture.
flyweed View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flyweed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-15-2016 at 8:30pm
C-bass...if you can come up with one, or even make one that looks the same, I am ALL for that. Not a big deal to me. As long at it works, is safe and looks like the original.

Dan
C-Bass View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote C-Bass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-17-2016 at 1:16pm
Dan,

I've yet to get any response out of Air-Boom on the aluminum bracket and if I call a machine shop they certainly won't be able to get it to me that quick. At this point I don't think it's feasible to get this thing moved next week. Unless you have any suggestions I would say we call off the relay team to get this thing up to you and if you still want it, try at a later date.
Craig
67 SN
73 SN
99 Sport
85SN
flyweed View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flyweed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-17-2016 at 4:36pm
C-Bass..........if you'd want, we can still do this, and have you send me everything, and than we can have that bracket made up, and just have you mail it to me? I'm flexible. I am not going to put the tower on my boat until later in September anyway, once I bring it home from the lake. So it'll just be sitting here in my garage.

Thoughts??

flyweed View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flyweed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-21-2016 at 3:56pm
Still out there C-Bass ???

Post Reply Post Reply Page   12>
  Share Topic