Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

New to Me 1999 Sport Nautique

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
planejob View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote planejob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New to Me 1999 Sport Nautique
    Posted: August-13-2016 at 2:03am
Hello!
Today I purchased a 1999 SPort Nautique that is in need of some TLC. The hull is in good shape, and the engine is great, but the skins, oh man, are they trashed.

The previous owner bought the bought and then kept it in the Texas sun for 5 years, uncovered. I'm the third owner.

The raw water pump is seized right now (shouldn't be a difficult fix, impeller or bearings...) but the engine start easily and runs well.   It's the 351W, carbed version.

I owned one boat before, a 1953 Minnetonka Tonka Craft double cockpit runabout, and it was fun but not family friendly. This Sport Nautique was purchased with the up-front understanding that my lovely spousal unit would be expected to do nothing more than roll the ice chest to the boat. No parking a trailer for her!   

I'm excited to get to work refurbishing the interior of the boat, I'm planning to do new skins, and I really like SeaDek to replace the carpet... but carpet sure is cheap.   The boat's mission is family fun. Yep, I let my kid eat in my sports car, I'll let her bring chips on the boat.

I'll post up some pics.

I'm in Wylie TX and will be boating on Lavon and Hubbard.
planejob View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote planejob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-13-2016 at 2:07am
https://goo.gl/photos/xRhuvmazfY6vQfVc9
gun-driver View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gun-driver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-13-2016 at 11:26am
Donald80SN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donald80SN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-13-2016 at 9:00pm
Give your hull ID Number to Christines Marine in Orlando and they can duplicate what it had from the factory. They will just provide the skins and you will have to someone local to install. This is if you want it to look OEM. They are a site sponsor and their banner is in the upper left hand side of the site in YELLOW.

www.nautiqueparts.com and used discount code PND to save 10% on purchases. They are also a site sponsor. They can help with mechanical and other parts that you may need.

Enjoy the new boat.

Donald
1980 Ski Nautique SOLD Back to Cypress Gardens
2002 Sport Nautique, GT-40, FCT2, Cover Sports, Tower Bimini, Inc., Wet Sounds Audio System, Star Gazer Wake Edition S.
1968 Ski Nautique, Project.
planejob View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote planejob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-14-2016 at 11:40am
Hey guys, thanks for the info and the welcome.

Christine's has already provided me a price and I'm pretty sure that's the direction I'm headed. Install appears time consuming but well within my capabilities, so I'll tackle that this fall.

As for picking her up cheap... Well, I paid $500 more than my "comfortable price" at $4500.   I'm hoping to keep the total investment below 9 or 10k and enjoy the boat for years. Man, those skins are bad. The dollars do add up quickly, though.

I pulled the raw water pump off and the impeller was in good shape, but the shaft was bent about a 1/16th out of round and seized in the bearings. New pump on order, and so the journey to financial ruin begins... It's going to be a fun trip.

gun-driver View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gun-driver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-14-2016 at 12:13pm
Quote and so the journey to financial ruin begins... It's going to be a fun trip.

That's funny but so true.
I would guess you will be close to your end price by the time your done. Don't forget to figure in new foam as a lot of the foam looks pretty ratty.
Isn't this place near you http://www.asmautoupholstery.com
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic