Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Webster Lake (MA) Experi-mini

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
LeftFieldEngineering View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LeftFieldEngineering Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Webster Lake (MA) Experi-mini
    Posted: August-22-2016 at 12:48am
Where: lake chargoggagoggmanchauggagoggchaubunagungamaugg aka Webster Lake
Date: Saturday September 17th (rain date 18th)
Boat Launch: Memorial Beach Dr, Webster, MA 01570
Meeting Location: Rocky shoal in middle of lake - see map
Time: Sunrise - 6pm
Area: 1442 acres
Notes: Tons of coves & ponds = decent skiing conditions during the day
             2 restaurants / bars
             Slalom course
             Technically a "dry lake" meaning no open containers so use discretion
             Clean clear water, visibly to bottom 5-8ft

As the title says this will be an experimental mini. I've hung out at the rocky shoal many times, but I've never seem more than 1-2 boats there. Honesty I think it's just undiscovered by the locals.

I plan on hauling out a 20' square floating dock to be our a dry island for the day

We'll be sking / footing at sunrise if anyone wants to join early.

Hit me up with any questions in case I forgot anything.

DayTony View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DayTony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-22-2016 at 9:03pm
Well Dang-it.
I thought i was definitely in for this.
I just invited my friend to come with me and he informed me he was getting married the 17th and reminded me I was a groomsman. lol I thought i was in the clear but unfortunately I am going to have to duck out for this weekend.

The offer still stands if you need a few big anchors for that dock Andy. we can get them to you somehow. Sounds fun, I will make it out to that lake with you one of these days.
1988 Barefoot nautique-454
Strega51 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Strega51 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-22-2016 at 9:55pm
I'm defiantly in on this one. I'm only 45 min. away. Bummed that I missed Zoar.

Haven't been there in over 20yrs. But what I remember it can be a busy lake. like you said it is a big lake so it's all about finding the right spot.
1996 Ski Nautique
s_kelley2000 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote s_kelley2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-23-2016 at 4:41pm
I am hoping I can make it to this one. Is the lake well marked? I might be mixing it up with Chauncey but I thought I had heard there were lots of rocks that weren't very well marked. This was years ago so hopefully I am wrong and/or it is better marked now.

What's up with the "Dry Lake" thing? Is the lake patrolled regularly? Is it usually fine as long as you use discretion and don't flaunt it? I am never looking to get drunk on the water but it is nice to have a couple cold ones after water sports. Hope to see you guys next month, bummed I had to miss Zoar.
1999 Python Super Sport

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LeftFieldEngineering Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-23-2016 at 7:06pm
Is the lake well marked: Yes and No, I've logged over 200 hours on Webster lake, covering 95% of the water. There are only 2 unmarked "shallow" spots which are 2-3' deep and we will be partying at one of them. At idle or cursing speed I've passed both of these spots with out issues.   Cruise around at 13 mph with a boat load of people in the back and you might find bottom. Other than those 2 spots all shallows and rocks are marked. The general rule is: split the middle of any islands or any channel and you'll be fine.

As for the "dry lake": It is patrolled occasionally, however after labor day they tend to focus their attention elsewhere. I think you hit the nail right on the head, if your not acting like a fool they cops have now reason to bust your butt. Although I'm not sure how much attention we'll get with a bunch of boats and a floating dock anchored in the middle of the lake. In any case I think they keep the rule in effect just so they can bust the reckless pontooners, and tubing I/O's on the busy weekends.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LeftFieldEngineering Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-11-2016 at 2:24pm
Well gentleman the expari-mini will commence in less than a week. I still plan on spending the day there, most of the day skiing or hanging at the shoal. Memorial beach has changed their rules and now opens the gates for the ramp at 7am. It's a 5-6 boat launch with parking for 100+ trailers so getting on the water doesn't take long. Feel free to msg me or call with any questions. (four 1 three) 5 seven 5 - seven nine four four.

Barracuda View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barracuda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-26-2016 at 1:19pm
Andy,
Sorry for not getting back to you on this thread.

Always wanted to check out Webster Lake and would have been fun to hang/ ski with you guys down there.

How'd it go?

Thanks so much for getting this started and putting it out there.

Hope to connect with you guys next season either on Webster, Zoar or another place close by.

-Brad
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic