NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Alternator bracket broke

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
dockedwages1 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dockedwages1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Alternator bracket broke
    Posted: August-30-2016 at 12:06am
1982 SN with 351 pcm. Bracket broke at mounting hole when I was tightening belt. The bracket says R090055. The engine is a right hand engine. Why do most of the place I find this bracket for sale say it's a left hand bracket?
Duane in Indy View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Duane in Indy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-30-2016 at 6:53am
If you do a "GOOGLE" of that part # you will find a CCF post from May 11, 2013 of the same topic. All your answers are there. Good luck
Keep it as original as YOU want it
        1978 Mustang (modified)
JPASS View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JPASS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-30-2016 at 8:10am
'92 Correctcraft Ski Nautique
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-30-2016 at 8:26am
Originally posted by JPASS JPASS wrote:

Link to thread

JP,
I'm glad you found the thread and linked it. I tried several key words googling and even used our own search without any luck. Thanks.

Tom,
Looks like a call to Skidim is in order. BTW, don't over tighten that pivot bolt again!

Duane,
Why didn't you copy and paste?

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Duane in Indy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-30-2016 at 10:09am
Originally posted by 8122pbrainard 8122pbrainard wrote:

I 'm glad you found the thread and linked it. I tried several key words googling and even used our own search without any luck. Thanks.

Duane,Why didn't you copy and paste?

Originally posted by Duane in Indy Duane in Indy wrote:

If you do a "GOOGLE" of that part # you will find a CCF post from May 11, 2013 of the same topic.

Pete, I think "speed reading" got ya again, No key words needed, just the   part #   like the posting said.
        1978 Mustang (modified)
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Duane in Indy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-30-2016 at 10:12am

Pete,
Cause I don't know how to post the "Link"
Got any advice??
        1978 Mustang (modified)
Chevy350 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chevy350 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-30-2016 at 10:22am
Originally posted by Duane in Indy Duane in Indy wrote:

Pete,
Cause I don't know how to post the "Link"
Got any advice??

Go to full reply instead of the quick reply. It makes it much easier. Click on the globe and enter what you want to name the link, an example like what JPASS put. Then paste the link from what ever you are linking.
1972 Mustang
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-30-2016 at 10:32am
Originally posted by Chevy350 Chevy350 wrote:

. Then paste the link from what ever you are linking.

This is the address that appears at the top whenever you open a page. You highlight it (comes up blue), then right click and right click "copy" then paste.

Trust me, I being close to your age, I had some learning to do!!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-30-2016 at 6:10pm
There really is a difference in the brackets and you can see it in the picture I attached or you can follow the earlier link back to the 2013 thread and see the difference in the picture posted by Old School Blue 84..

It's not the best of pictures but you can see that the depth of the mounting bosses is different by about 1/16 of an inch which in turn spaces the alternator out from the circulating pump differently since the bracket mounts to the pump..........which then messes up your pulley and belt alignment, which then makes messy black belt dust that gets everywhere

Might be a difference in water pumps since there were different pumps for different rotation at one time,(emphasis on "might". here) Now you can just buy a bi rotational water pump

Whatever the reason, there is a difference.

My black one came from SkiDim and it gives me good alignment on a LH engine.
The gray one was from a RH also with good alignment.

Like Pete said to Kostas in the 2013 thread linked earlier in this thread " it would be a good idea to check your pulley alignment" when bolting everything back together

KenO

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic