Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

1979 ski tique

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
todd1979 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote todd1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 1979 ski tique
    Posted: September-03-2016 at 10:50pm
howdy all, like to get an idea how much my boat is worth? Its a 79 ski tique with ford 302
been completely redone inside and out along with a few add ons you see in pics. any ideas where to post it for sale would be helpful thanks!
Blamey View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blamey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-04-2016 at 2:23pm
This site, Craigslist and onlyinboards are good sites to advertise on. I'd also look on the same sites for examples of similar boats to get an idea if price.

96 Super Sport
Previously: 95 Sport Nautique, 1980 Ski Supreme
Chevy350 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chevy350 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-04-2016 at 8:10pm
$1 billion
1972 Mustang
Frankenotter View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frankenotter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-05-2016 at 12:57am
Did you rebuild the engine? Are the stringers new? Is the hull painted?

It's hard to estimate cost on a modified classic. It's usually worth what someone is willing to pay for it. Looks like its customized for boarding so that's your market.
1999 Ski Nautique 196
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-05-2016 at 7:01pm
Originally posted by Frankenotter Frankenotter wrote:

It's hard to estimate cost on a modified classic. It's usually worth what someone is willing to pay for it. Looks like its customized for boarding so that's your market.

Todd,
The above is your problem. You will need to find the proper market/person for it.

BTW, if you plan on using the extended pylon anymore or even for the future buyer, get the front cable mounted correctly. It goes to a strap around the stem and not to the forward lifting eye. Lifting eyes are designed for vertical loads. There are reports of gel/glass damage from rearward loading.

Also posting in a different section of the forums may help. This section is for "what's new at CCfan".

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
todd1979 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote todd1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-06-2016 at 1:29pm
Thanks for reply, stringer was redone,but engine has not been done. Yes painted the hull as well. Thinking around $8000 what do you think?
barefootdan View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote barefootdan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-06-2016 at 2:10pm
It seems to me like you can post it on this site in the diary section as well as the for sale section. Most of the posts in the diary section are for sale posts
Blamey View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blamey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-06-2016 at 3:55pm
I am far from an expert on pricing a boat, particularly old ones but I feel like 8k is high, especially at this time of year.

There are better wakeboard boats for 8K. I got a 1995 Sport Nautique for 7K at the end of last year (without a trailer). Lots of nice SN 2001s available for about 8K. To get 8k you'd be better off taking as much of the Wakeboard stuff off that boat, as your best bet is to find a buyer that is looking for a cool old boat, not somebody looking to wakeboard. Only reason a wakeboarder would buy that boat for wakeboarding is if it was a deal (under 4k).

Boat and trailer look to be in good condition. Having it painted will reduce the value vs untouched gel. If the engine hasn't been rebuilt then I'd think the price is probably 4k to 6k would be about right. Like others have said, to get the higher pricing you need to find somebody looking for this type of boat, not just somebody looking for an inboard or a wakeboard boat. If you find the right buyer maybe you can get 8k, I wouldn't expect it though.

Most Ski Tiques listings on Craigslist are for between 3k to 5k If you aren't desperate to sell then list it for 8k and see if anybody bites, if not lower the price. If you want it to sell, my guess is 4k or 5k would be a better starting point.

Like I said, I really don't know much about the value of these boats but that's my best guess. Maybe somebody with a better idea will chime in.

96 Super Sport
Previously: 95 Sport Nautique, 1980 Ski Supreme
scootdogydog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scootdogydog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-06-2016 at 4:37pm
I hope you don't take much offense here, but here goes.

Problems with your boat:
people here like it to be original (upholstery, gel, engine, trailer, etc) you seem to be non-original for 3/4 (or maybe even 4/4.

Paul has some good advise in regards to comps, and not to devalue your boat more, but it's also less roomy.

Also, that extended pylon pic should be removed; you should attach an extended pylon with a sling through the bow eye, not the lifting ring.
1999 Python
1980 Ski Tique
1968 Mustang WIP
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-06-2016 at 5:02pm
I'm in the 4 to 6 camp with the others. With the 5 to 6 end of that being on the high side. You have two potential markets. Someone who wants a nice vintage runabout or someone who wants an entry level wakeboard boat. The first guy is going to want a more original boat without the racks or the different graphics. The second guy is likely to buy a 2001 (82 - 89) for that 6-7-8 price range since the 2001 is a pretty highly regarded wakeboard boat. But like the guy above said, if you are in no hurry, start high. You never know what buyer is out there.
Air206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Air206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-06-2016 at 5:33pm
My 78 Ski Tique was a cosmetically 9/10 original boat with a new engine and DUI - ran strong with an overhauled and black powder coated original trailer. I asked $8,000.00 4 years ago and folks told me I was nuts. That is a tough ask for this group.... and NADA is really gonna hurt you in the general public...... but all you need is one person!
Donald80SN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donald80SN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-19-2016 at 10:32pm
Originally posted by Air206 Air206 wrote:

My 78 Ski Tique was a cosmetically 9/10 original boat with a new engine and DUI - ran strong with an overhauled and black powder coated original trailer. I asked $8,000.00 4 years ago and folks told me I was nuts. That is a tough ask for this group.... and NADA is really gonna hurt you in the general public...... but all you need is one person!

However, Steve 78 Ski Tique looked very original in appearance. She is still a beauty and resides near Raleigh, NC.
1980 Ski Nautique SOLD Back to Cypress Gardens
2002 Sport Nautique, GT-40, FCT2, Cover Sports, Tower Bimini, Inc., Wet Sounds Audio System, Star Gazer Wake Edition S.
1968 Ski Nautique, Project.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic