Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Gt40 dies at 3200 rpm

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Soulscream View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Soulscream Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Gt40 dies at 3200 rpm
    Posted: September-07-2016 at 11:17pm
I am at a loss of whats going on with my 1999 air nautique, hoping someone here can shed some light for me.
The boat starts/ runs perfect until 3200 rpm at which time it feels like the breaker is about to pop and the engine starts to die. When I pull back on the throttle it recovers and again runs perfect to 3200 rpm.
I thought it was the high pressure fuel pump or maybe a relay going out, so I replaced both relays and the pump with no success. Serviced in April, plugs, fuel filter, oil, oil filter, and impeller were done.
Any help is much appreciated!

sorry for posting in general, should have been here.
lewy2001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lewy2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-08-2016 at 4:08am
The GT40 ECU maybe going into limp mode or SLOW mode that is normally about 2700rpm. If you disconnect both switches water and oil pressure it will isolate this as a possible cause. The SLOW switches are different to the senders for the gauges.

If you're going through hell, keep going

89 Ski

<a href="http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=5685" ta
Soulscream View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Soulscream Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-08-2016 at 9:20am
Thanks! I will check this
skiflyer45 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skiflyer45 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-10-2016 at 11:13pm
I had a similar issue and it ended up being some rust in the distributor...got a rebuilt one at napa for $80ish and ran like new.
63 Skier View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 63 Skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-11-2016 at 12:42am
When I first got my '98 Sport it had a similar problem, but at a bit higher rpm. It ran great, started great, was OK at slalom speeds. Anything above that and it would hesitate and surge. Turned out the fuel hose from the tank was collapsing/damaged and so at higher throttle it couldn't flow enough fuel. Replaced the fuel line and problem solved.
'63 American Skier - '98 Sport Nautique
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic