NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

1972 SN Promo Project

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 10111213>
Author
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-06-2017 at 11:23am

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Frankenotter View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frankenotter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-06-2017 at 12:24pm
Originally posted by JoeinNY JoeinNY wrote:

I would run to here and punch in my credit card number...

Bada$$. Tanks for the assist Joe!

The card gave me rug burn I pulled it out of my pocket so fast. I was looking at either replacing the entire circulation pump and housing or trying to create a new one on the CNC.
1999 Ski Nautique 196
phatsat67 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatsat67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-06-2017 at 1:39pm
Circ pump impellers aren't directional ?
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-06-2017 at 1:51pm
everyone wants to complicate things… Listen zach…   I mean maybe ish. The marine parts diagrams showed a unidirectional brass looking impeller in the illustration similar to what you would find in a pcm circ pump for a small block ford – but called out the exact kit number I linked to, and the picture kit matches what he currently has. So maybe ? but is the business end of that impellor even raked or is it perfectly radial from the center? If its radial then it will pump the same in either direction, if its raked it’ll still do better than the no circ pump having engines that are running around all over the place.
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frankenotter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-06-2017 at 2:48pm
for what its worth, when I was looking at new "Chrysler Marine Circ Pumps" they were all listed as "bi-directional". I would imagine that would include the impellor as well. On the flipside, I noticed the impellor on a car pump was flipped upside down so the flukes protruded outward instead of toward the pulley.
1999 Ski Nautique 196
phatsat67 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatsat67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-06-2017 at 3:04pm
I just didn't know how they determined direction with impeller design. I would agree with you if the blades aren't raked it should work reasonably well in either direction pushing water into the block.
Duane in Indy View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Duane in Indy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-06-2017 at 4:46pm
The rusty impeller in the video looks identical to the one in the kit. At least to me it does.
( previous statement about making on one the CNC sounds like more fun though)
Keep it as original as YOU want it
        1978 Mustang (modified)
tryathlete View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tryathlete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-06-2017 at 5:25pm
Originally posted by Duane in Indy Duane in Indy wrote:

The rusty impeller in the video looks identical to the one in the kit. At least to me it does.

Yeah CNC or laser cut the blank and form up the blades—better yet just get it 3d printed—wait—it’s only $50!

Chris—I’d definitely get the steel impeller e-coated.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Duane in Indy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-06-2017 at 5:46pm
Originally posted by tryathlete tryathlete wrote:

Yeah CNC or laser cut the blank and form up the blades—better yet just get it 3d printed—wait—it’s only $50! Chris—I’d definitely get the steel impeller e-coated.

Make it out of S/S.    Oh wait!!! We can never agree on what grade of S/S to use..
        1978 Mustang (modified)
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-06-2017 at 5:52pm
Originally posted by 63 Skier 63 Skier wrote:

What's the stock HP of the 340? Is the plan to stay stock, or warmer?

Depends on what decal you put on
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frankenotter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-06-2017 at 5:55pm
Originally posted by Duane in Indy Duane in Indy wrote:

Duane do you rebuild water pumps?
1999 Ski Nautique 196
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-06-2017 at 5:56pm
Buy 2 kits, don't bother coating. Change it in 20-25 years. You won't care after that.
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Duane in Indy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-06-2017 at 6:27pm
Originally posted by Frankenotter Frankenotter wrote:

Duane do you rebuild water pumps?

Never tried.
        1978 Mustang (modified)
phatsat67 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatsat67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-06-2017 at 6:34pm
Duane only builds from scratch.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frankenotter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-06-2017 at 7:26pm
Originally posted by phatsat67 phatsat67 wrote:

Duane only builds from scratch.

Yup. That's pretty much what's going on in my world.
1999 Ski Nautique 196
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frankenotter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-15-2017 at 12:53pm
Welcome to chapter 30.......The Wild World of Water Pumps

So, I ordered the OEM rebuild kit that Joe found. Thanks Joe! It turns out the parts and even the shape of the impellor are exactly the same as original.

The gasket arrived crusty and broken but I'm not super concerned about that. What IS concerning, is the company that Tim found to overhaul water pumps is MIA. I was in contact with them for a week about doing the rebuild and I was ready to send them the parts. Litterally overnight, their website wend down, phone is off the hook, and no replies on their facebook page.

http://arthurgouldrebuilders.com/

I'm trying to resist the urge to rebuild this thing myself. I have access to a full machine shop and 20 ton press. Has anyone ever attempted doing this?
1999 Ski Nautique 196
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-15-2017 at 1:18pm
Chris, just sent you a PM.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frankenotter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-15-2017 at 6:39pm
I'm also overhauling the Jabsco raw water pump. As you can see, the shielded bearings were seized. They are Hoover 77203-625 bearings. Not made anymore. However, for anyone trying to service one of these bad boys, just call your local bearing joint and tell them you need a 5/8" ID, 40mm OD, and 12mm wide shielded bearing.

Everything was just press fit and held in place with a retaining ring.

1999 Ski Nautique 196
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frankenotter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-15-2017 at 6:40pm
If anyone has a jabsco pump that they want to sell, let me know. I might need some parts if this one doesn't preform
1999 Ski Nautique 196
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-15-2017 at 7:50pm
Jabsco huh? My 70-71 Chrysler’s have sherwoods. Single or dual pocket?
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-15-2017 at 8:01pm
Can you post a pic or jabsco pump number Chris?
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frankenotter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-16-2017 at 12:18pm
Ii have done a lot of searching and I believe it's a 17200-0000.
1999 Ski Nautique 196
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frankenotter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-05-2019 at 12:39pm
Ok folks, I'm back at the promo after buying a house, getting married, and being lazy in general. I'm making this post to dig this thread out of the archives. My old computer gave up the ghost that I used to edit photos for the very particular CCF server. I'm playing with a new program to edit pics to the delight of the website.
1999 Ski Nautique 196
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-05-2019 at 12:55pm
I had wondered about this project thought it had been parted out.....
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frankenotter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-05-2019 at 1:00pm
It's not far away.
1999 Ski Nautique 196
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frankenotter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-05-2019 at 1:55pm
When i left the boat last fall, I was in the middle of making new primary stringers from scratch. There were a few reasons for this, but mostly because i was adding an engine cradle and going with the "floating floor". I decided that it was smart to do a test fit of the old block and trans on the new stringers to verify alignment before permanently gluing the stringers in place. Here are a few pics of the setup. I just wanted to make sure it was close. The engine mounts on the trans were cocked a little which is why there looks to be lateral misalignment. It was a horrible process trying to wrestle the block in place by myself while being mindful to not step on the thin floor areas.

1999 Ski Nautique 196
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frankenotter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-05-2019 at 1:59pm

1999 Ski Nautique 196
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frankenotter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-05-2019 at 2:08pm
Now for a few questions.

1. Does anyone have an extra forward engine mount.......loop.........pin.......thingy. Mine has gone missing between the machine shop, disassembly, and moving parts.

2. Can someone measure the distance from the floor to the bottom of the dash? mine seems very tight right now. Especially since i don't have cushion on the seat yet.

1999 Ski Nautique 196
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-05-2019 at 4:34pm
Normally I would horde this but I am in the middle of a shop move

However if you still need a pump you might want to pick it up
https://syracuse.craigslist.org/bpo/d/sterling-chrysler/6965558200.html

If not I suspect I can spare an pin thingy
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
tryathlete View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tryathlete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-05-2019 at 4:56pm
Frankenotter—that’ll fit in the jump seat, no problem
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 10111213>
  Share Topic