Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Help on Hull Numbers

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Harkers Island View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Harkers Island Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Help on Hull Numbers
    Posted: September-22-2016 at 10:52pm
Looked at Hull Number on Fish Tique:
CTC01725M76-1 ( or "I" )-20TFM
Assuming 1976??? And can't find much on the 20TFM? Any help would be appreciated on complete decipher. ***Update*** Contacted CC and they gave me an invoice copy...really of them...Thanks CC and CCF!

Thanks, Ken
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-22-2016 at 11:34pm
There was no Fish Tique in the '76 brochure but there was a 20' Tobago Fisherman.

http://correctcraftfan.com/reference/bview.asp?id=54#image10

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Harkers Island Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-22-2016 at 11:49pm
Mine is CC with engine under it...I'm being told this was a transition year... http://www.correctcraftfan.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=39936&title=correct-craft-fish-tique-winter-project

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Harkers Island Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-28-2016 at 1:16pm
After contacting CC, I found out it is actually a Tobago Fisherman...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Harkers Island Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-28-2016 at 1:51pm
ok, so the engine number tag does match engine number on invoice...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Harkers Island Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-28-2016 at 2:31pm
***emailing contact at CC*** Been a big help!

COPY >>> I can tell you for sure that the 18456273 is the firing order of the spark plugs. I think, but am not sure, that the 6C703AA is what Ford calls their "Hot Stamp Number", which tells the date the engine block was cast, what foundry, and other info known only to Ford.

The model number of the engine is PRD WR R10. This decodes as follows:

P = PleasureCraft Marine

D = It is a 351 cubic inch engine

R = Right-hand rotation engine (More about this later)

W = The transmission is built by Warner Gear Corp

R = It takes a right-hand rotation propeller (Some transmissions reverse the engine rotation in Forward gear)

10 = The transmission is a 1 to 1 ratio   (Meaning that the prop shaft turns at the same rpm as the motor)

Now about the right-hand rotation engine. The crankshaft of the engine turns clockwise as viewed from the flywheel end of the engine. (NOT the "belt" end.) Since I don't know whether you are familiar with engines, I will give you some details: The rotation of this engine is opposite of an automobile engine. Therefore, any rotation-related parts that you might ever need cannot be substituted with automotive parts even thought they will mechanically fit on the engine. This includes starter motor, water pump, some of the engine seals, distributor, cam, crankshaft in particular. It is traditional in the small-boat industry that a single-engine boat should turn a right-hand propeller. In current times, there are ways around that, and in case you are interested, I could explain it to you sometime.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic