Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Transmission leaking

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Tribal150 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tribal150 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Transmission leaking
    Posted: May-23-2004 at 9:16pm
The Trans is leaking on my 76 nautique it is coming down the inside of the drive shaft coupler does this sound like the rear oil seal or the sealing ring ( part #58) in the parts list on pages 12 and 13 in the Borg Warner service manual, is it possible to change either one with the trans still in the boat.

Rob
Bradley950 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bradley950 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-12-2005 at 2:25pm
Did you ever get this fixed????
Brad Miller
bradley950@yahoo.com
Tribal150 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tribal150 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-18-2005 at 11:36pm
I spent last summer experimenting with different solutions, to no avail, the longest I could stop leaking was for about a month, she is going in in the spring to replace some seals, and to be flushed and refilled.

Rob
Bradley950 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bradley950 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-01-2005 at 11:59am
My 76 Ski Nautique was doing the same thing, but it was also leaking in the front of the trans. You can replace the rear main seal with the trans in the boat, but you will have to completly pull it for any other work. The hardest thing for me to do was line every thing back up when I was reinstaling the trans. If every thing dosn't line up perfect the packing becomes very tight and you can't turn the shaft with your hand. Which you should be able too. Mine now works perfectly and dosn't leak at all, you could eat off my bilge. Whats your e-mial I would love to send you some pics of my 76'. I have never seen another 76' like mine. -Brad-
Brad Miller
bradley950@yahoo.com
Trent View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-23-2005 at 4:39pm
I just pulled the ford based engine and transmission out of my 69 mustang. I pulled the engine mainly because the exhaust manifolds were cracked and I found a slightly used 318 w/ transmision for less than new manifolds. The transmission from the old engine is a very nice, not leaking and fully functioning borg warner. If you would like the tranny I can pull it for you and sell it for a fair price (about $400).
I can ship forward air (at your cost) or you can pick it up. I have it at my work, which is located about a half a mile west of the Chicago O'hare airport, just two blocks from the forward air terminal. Check out my ad for the whole engine/tranny on the parts for sale section.
-Trent
ctrentbp@yahoo.com
woodyelc View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote woodyelc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-24-2005 at 12:27am
call me so i can explain what is wrong with your transmission. 407-851-1965
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic