NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

lifting rings are for vertical loads only

Post Reply Post Reply Page   12>
Author
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: lifting rings are for vertical loads only
    Posted: November-07-2016 at 5:41pm
unless you're putting one junk boat into another because the dump has a 1 ton minimum charge

hey pete, that's the trailer for brady
C-Bass View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote C-Bass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-07-2016 at 6:24pm
That's some hot boat on boat action.

Easy on the brakes.
Craig
67 SN
73 SN
99 Sport
85SN
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-07-2016 at 6:47pm
I would have left it there. Porch swing? Bird feeder? Neighbors would have loved it.
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-07-2016 at 6:50pm
My dad said I should have hung it by the nose and decorated it like a Christmas tree...
Tmosely1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tmosely1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-07-2016 at 6:57pm
I want to hear the story of how you ended up with that Oklahoma boat. I thought it was still over here in a storage in Broken Arrow, OK. That guy had a motherload of parts... But...Holy Smoke that hull had a horrible life
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-07-2016 at 7:01pm
1. Why stop at 2? Load the SW18 in next and get a 3-fer deal at the dump.

2. Smart thinking to to recruit a homeless bum to work the chain fall. Too dangerous to undertake yourself. Bet he worked cheap.
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-07-2016 at 8:05pm
The regular bums wouldn't touch this job, took a while to find a homeless one.
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-07-2016 at 8:25pm
I watched this live on the internet with my 75 year old father and 84 year old aunt - very amusing... werent quite sure you had the height though.
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
SNobsessed View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SNobsessed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-07-2016 at 9:57pm
Must be hi-test wire rope.

I was pulling a shrub out with undersized cable, it failed & whipped around faster than a bullet.

So what happened to all the parts?
“Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.”

Ben Franklin
baitkiller View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote baitkiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-07-2016 at 10:00pm
"your neighbors must love you"
Classic.. I should print this as a flyer and pas it around my neighborhood.. See? I could be worse!
I have been known to do a little truck gardening in the spring.
Jesus was a bare-footer.............
NCH20SKIER View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NCH20SKIER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-07-2016 at 11:08pm
Smooth operator
'05 206 Limited
'88 BFN
Lon88SN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lon88SN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-08-2016 at 12:43am
So I'm wondering, how are you going to get them off the trailer at the dump? Or does the trailer get to stay too?

Another option could have been planting them vertical in the front yard, like Cadillac Ranch.
1988 Ski Nautique
ultrahots View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ultrahots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-08-2016 at 1:52am
I could have bought it for a bar Project !
Kristof View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristof Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-08-2016 at 7:01am
OMFG!

HW, always there to entertain us in his very own special way

- Gun control means: using BOTH hands!
- Money doesn't make one happy, but when it rains cats and dogs, it's still better to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle...

quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-08-2016 at 9:47am
You finally got your own "Air" Nautique, nice work!!
skutsch View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skutsch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-08-2016 at 9:56am
Again, you gotta call me when you are doing these projects. I want to come just to run video!
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-08-2016 at 11:04am
My neighbor Phil is impressed by the strength of those "strings". They are just 3/16" dyneema. Nothing has a safety factor less than 5.

Yea Joe, I need to move up a rung for next season.
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-08-2016 at 11:09am
Originally posted by Hollywood Hollywood wrote:

Nothing has a safety factor less than 5.

Are you sure of that?

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-08-2016 at 11:19am
Originally posted by Lon88SN Lon88SN wrote:

So I'm wondering, how are you going to get them off the trailer at the dump?

Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-08-2016 at 12:53pm
Yes Pete I am sure of that. What are you doubting?
NCH20SKIER View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NCH20SKIER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-08-2016 at 3:01pm
I am guessing.......
1. The neighbors have a weekly pool going on as to what will be hanging from the trees on any given weekend
2. When someone will under the cover of darkness cut the trees down or poison them so they die (think the heritage trees at Auburn University)
3. The teenage boys in the hood must be in sheer awe of HW's innovative thinking
4. That someone is considering a plan to either install or dispatch mobile bleachers for the spectators
'05 206 Limited
'88 BFN
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-08-2016 at 4:10pm
Originally posted by Hollywood Hollywood wrote:

Yes Pete I am sure of that. What are you doubting?

I'm not doubting you! The illustration is more for making sure that anyone else using the technique is aware of what happens with slings and or cables when they aren't in the vertical position.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
relake View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote relake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-08-2016 at 5:54pm
Am I the only one wondering why there isn't a beer in your hand in the first picture?
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-08-2016 at 6:15pm
Tmosely1, I found the blue SN on craigslist last fall. Last summer I found a SW18 with no engine on a nice trailer and with the help of CCF members was able to get it from Kentucky. I intended to part this boat out and keep only the trailer only but it seemed too complete and fairly clean to destroy. So I bought the blue SN in Oklahoma for the engine. For about a week I considered putting the SN all back together but then realized I don't need two ratty 2001s so I started selling off those parts as intended. It was fairly complete, just completely disassembled.. We took about 2 hours loading everything into the boat, including the engine. Unfortunately the engine barely rolls over by hand so it will be a longer project than I was looking for. Along came the SW20 shown above in Michigan that I bought mostly for the engine.

Long story short, a new trailer turned into the two parts boats. I still have plenty of stuff from both of them. I'm hoping to find some time this winter to sort and sell what I don't want to keep.
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-08-2016 at 10:15pm
Originally posted by NCH20SKIER NCH20SKIER wrote:

I am guessing.......
The teenage boys in the hood must be in sheer awe of HW's innovative thinking

one can only guess at what the neighborhood Moms are thinking.......

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
Frankenotter View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frankenotter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-08-2016 at 10:48pm
For the record, with heavy side load stress on the lifting rings, did you notice any damage to the supporting fiberglass?
1999 Ski Nautique 196
Kristof View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristof Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-11-2016 at 11:07am
Originally posted by relake relake wrote:

Am I the only one wondering why there isn't a beer in your hand in the first picture?

Nope...

- Gun control means: using BOTH hands!
- Money doesn't make one happy, but when it rains cats and dogs, it's still better to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle...

75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-11-2016 at 12:46pm
He already passed it off, as in: "Here, hold my beer and watch this" which typically ends up much less successfully than Hollywood's efforts shown above.
tryathlete View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tryathlete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-21-2018 at 6:07pm
Originally posted by relake relake wrote:

Perfect!
tryathlete View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tryathlete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-21-2018 at 6:08pm
Originally posted by 75 Tique 75 Tique wrote:

He already passed it off, as in: "Here, hold my beer and watch this" which typically ends up much less successfully than Hollywood's efforts shown above.

Perfecter! (HW will get this)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page   12>
  Share Topic