NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

WHITE LAKE 2017

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1234 5>
Author
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-23-2017 at 12:20am
me and Bill are in.....

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
Danwemyss View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Danwemyss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-25-2017 at 8:53pm
I'm in!
samudj01 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote samudj01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-07-2017 at 12:38am
I am planning to come and hoping to drag the new Tique down, running or not. Booked a room and just registered.
78 Ski Tique, 72 Skier w/302's, 93 SN w/351 & 17 GS22 w/zr409
Previous - 99 Sport Nautique w/GT40 and 87 Martinique w/351
93/70 ccpb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 93/70 ccpb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-15-2017 at 7:04pm
the monahans.dan,david,scott,gene,and friend ryan.    93 ski nautique in tow
what you dont want to hear from jbear and bill.you cant get in the boat till you get your minute,and they throw you back in water!
fjroma View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fjroma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-23-2017 at 4:56pm
Is there a schedule for this event? My wife and I were planning to attend on Saturday and would like to know the activities planned for that day. Also, any idea how many people might be attending? Thank you,
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-23-2017 at 5:56pm
Townsend is on the road, so I will take a crack at this.

Folks start accumulating friday and will either be on the lake or gathering at the White Lake Motel and Campground.

Things get rolling saturday morning. Conditions permitting, (wind, temp, no rain) folks will start hitting the water at sun rise. They will play out on the water until late morning or noonish. Those not interested in water sports will be migrating from the campground to or arriving at WLM through the morning. Boats are displayed at WLM and they provide lunch and have a nice parts raffle. Early afternoon, everyone puts back into the water and drives around, rafts up, or tries water sports, although the lake quality in the afternoon isnt great for that. Late afternoon, folks that are staying migrate back to the campground for a group cookout. I (like you?) am close enough for it to be a day trip, so I arrive as early as possible sat morning and hang out until the lake activity breaks up in the afternoon.

Last year, I would guess about 22 boats and maybe 40 or 50 people.

Nice recap of last years event starting on about page 5
here
MartyMabe View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartyMabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-23-2017 at 6:45pm
Marty Mabe here-- Iĺl take the lead
As youĺl see here in This Thread- WLM Mini 2010 - David Hendricks- aka -The Godfather and I -martymabe - started these White Lake Minis back in April 2010. We 3 combined our thoughts and ideas- and thus was born -The White Lake Minis-. But we have since turned this Mini over to WLM and Townsend- and they renamed it- The White Lake REUNIONS ...
David and I would get there on Thursdays to button things up. Fridays we would get on the lake around 11 am and stay till around 7 pm. Raft up- or Ski- and wait on more arrivals.
Saturdays- the early birds hit the water for some Barefootin- At 9 am at the WLM Dealership- we would have a Showing of Boats.. This turned into a Boat Show for about 3 years- but we stopped that and would just line the boats up at the dealership-and talk CCś till around 11 am- then we would have a Raffle for Giveaways that WLM and other sponsors donated. Then around 12 ish we would eat a catered meal- Hot Dogs, Hamburgers, BBQ--- Then after CCFans got their bellys full- of to the Lake till around 7ish. A few if us would get back to the motel to clean up and start cooking for the crowd.

So after The River Rukus 2017 down in Florida- we will start getting a FOOD LIST up for Friday and Saturday night.

So if you don bring a boat -Thatś OK cause we will have plenty there. Just come on down and enjoy the Fellowship.

THIS WILL BE OUR 8th WLM EVENT

If you have any more questions- just shoot me an e-mail

mtmabe@northstate.net
66 Skylark
93 SN
If you're not living in NC, you're just camping out!
fjroma View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fjroma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-23-2017 at 11:39pm
Thank for the replies and all the details. No plans to bring our (206 SN) boat but will officially register and look forward to meeting other "CC Fans"
Donald80SN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donald80SN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-29-2017 at 1:39pm
Folks,
I had trouble with the Event link so I sent Townsend an e-mail to sign me up. He did and I got a confirmation from the Event company. I just called the White Lake Motel and Campground to make my two night reservation. The lady at the desk stated that not too many folks have made reservations so far. She knew about the world record attempt and I told her I would expect a very nice size crowd to book rooms. So far she has not seen the room booking action. You may want to look at booking your room. You will find that this is before the season starts so other motels are closed. These folks open just for us and they give us the run of the entire place. The rooms are clean and very simple. The rates are also very inexpensive. The phone number is 910-862-3947. You may want to call between 9 and 5 Eastern Time. They are closed but seem to answer the phone during those hours. Also, I believe they have an answering machine and you can leave a message. They are real easy to work with.

I will see everyone in three weeks.

Donald
1980 Ski Nautique SOLD Back to Cypress Gardens
2002 Sport Nautique, GT-40, FCT2, Cover Sports, Tower Bimini, Inc., Wet Sounds Audio System, Star Gazer Wake Edition S.
1968 Ski Nautique, Project.
skutsch View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skutsch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-29-2017 at 2:37pm
I am checking the calendar... Would like to get the Bass Nautique there to be part of the record!
Glasgow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Glasgow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-29-2017 at 3:03pm
Myself the Fam. and a few friends will be down Friday morning with a 2003 Super Air and Maybe a 1976 Ski Tique if we have enough time to get it out.. This will be our first time attending a Reunion, really excited and looking forward to it. We booked a room at the Silver Sands motel just down the water a little from the White Lake Motel. It was $129 a night and we got a room that sleeps 8. Wasn't sure about where to stay since its been many years since we stayed at White lake. But again I'm really exited about that weekend and looking forward to seeing all the Nautiques and meeting everyone......
Jasonrice1978 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jasonrice1978 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-29-2017 at 4:47pm
I rented a cabin at Carolyn's court ... he may have a few rooms still available
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donald80SN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-29-2017 at 6:05pm
Folks,

I a glad to see that we will have some new faces. Just to let everyone know, the White Lake Motel and Campground is around $70.00 per night. I booked my room this year without even asking for the price. There are three rows of rooms and each room has two double beds. They are full size, not queen or kings, but just enough to get the job done. All rooms are doubles, expect Gary likes to sleep in the maintenance room. It is fun when everyone stays together since sticking to a schedule just can not be done. Friday and Saturday night we will part take in some adult beverages and tell some tall tells and such. Saturday night we all bring some food, the grocery store is about 10 miles away in E-Town and grill out. We always have more food than we need. It is nice not to have to worry about driving to another place if you place high in the Fireball Shot contest. Breakfast can be served at the Scotsman Gas Station across the street. There is a Subway in the Scotsman that also sells breakfast sandwich's. The Scotsman Cat Head Chicken biscuits are great. Most of the area restaurants have not opened for the season yet. We like this so we can have the majority of the lake to ourselves for tubing and such.
2002 Sport Nautique, GT-40, FCT2, Cover Sports, Tower Bimini, Inc., Wet Sounds Audio System, Star Gazer Wake Edition S.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donald80SN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-29-2017 at 6:12pm
Originally posted by skutsch skutsch wrote:

I am checking the calendar... Would like to get the Bass Nautique there to be part of the record!

That would be so cool.
IAughtNaut View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IAughtNaut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-30-2017 at 12:26am
Thanks for pimping the event cousin Don, I'm registed on the eventbrite site.

For those of you who are new, Donald is right, come stay at the White Lake Motel if you want to meet some guys who have nothing more in common than similar boats, but we manage to have a good time when we're together, We're not for everyone, but you'll never know if you don't at least give us a try.
bring the ruckus
2000 Pro Air
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IAughtNaut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-30-2017 at 12:48am
Oh, and a skutch sighting? I'm 4 years overdue!
bring the ruckus
2000 Pro Air
skutsch View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skutsch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-30-2017 at 1:36am
Originally posted by IAughtNaut IAughtNaut wrote:

I am going to try, so tough with the kids schedules, 50/50 at this point...
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-30-2017 at 1:54am
Originally posted by skutsch skutsch wrote:

I am going to try, so tough with the kids schedules, 50/50 at this point...

I am in for a Bass Nautique test drive......

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
AirTique98 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AirTique98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-30-2017 at 2:32am

Thanks for pimping the event cousin Don, I'm registed on the eventbrite site.

, We're not for everyone, but you'll never know if you don't at least give us a try.

Amen....but I keep trying!!
Bill
98Air Nautique

Former Owner:
1990 Ski Nautique
1981 Ski Nautique
1976 Ski Nautique
1971 Ski Nautique
whitelakerider View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whitelakerider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-30-2017 at 12:08pm
Whats up all. This year will be a bit different..... kind of a one off year. With the record setting event things will have to be altered. This year we will not be having a static display at WLM. We will need all the time on the water we can get pulling Shaun. So with that said..... we will hit the water Saturday morning (exact time TBA). I will be set up on the Roswell Marine Audio pontoon boat. You can't miss it... all black and neon yellow. You will check in with me and whoever I have on the boat and be assigned a staging location. We will have 2 ''pods'' of boats staged and waiting for their turn to tow. It will be a straight line pull from 1 pod to the other. Shaun will drop and a boat at the other pod will be waiting with a rope to pick up and tow him. It will be a back and forth tow between the pods with Shaun dropping and switching at each. We will have 3 or 4 ropes so that while he is riding the next boat can be getting the rope ready. I will have 2 or 3 guys on jet skis/smaller boats running point for us to keep other boat traffic out of our way. Still finessing the final details but this is a round about how it will work.....

Food: WLM will not be feeding lunch this year. With us being on the water it will be hard to coordinate lunch. The Marina at White Lake will be open with hat dogs and such for you if you would like that.

Door prizes: I am still planning on doing door prizes but it will mor than likely be done Sat night at the campground.

I know this plan will not be happily met by all but like I said this is a one off year. I could not pass up the opportunity when Shaun approached me about coinciding his record with the reunion. I hope it will be met with understanding as either way we are going to have a great time. Let me know if you have any questions and I will be glad to help anyway I can.

By the way.... had a great time with those of you I saw at the River Ruckus for the few short hours I was there!
1973 San Juan Flybridge
www.nautiqueparts.com
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IAughtNaut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-30-2017 at 3:48pm
Townsend, real quick, how long do you expect these shenanigans to take?

For instance, are you going to start staging boats around noon, then start pulling back and forth between the pods at 1:00, and this will all be wrapped up by 2:00?
bring the ruckus
2000 Pro Air
cbcecil View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cbcecil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-31-2017 at 3:37pm
I only live about an hour or so from White Lake. But I'm trying to get some fillers out there on if I should try to sale my 1982 mustang while I'm there. Or if this particular reunion is more of a gathering. If I get some interest from the pictures on this post, or if any of you guys tell me that it's worth bringing and putting a for sale sign on it then I'll do just that. Sorry, but a couple of my girls wanted to be in the photos.
cbcecil
Air206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Air206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-09-2017 at 12:06pm
Hey - Does anyone have an empty hitch LEAVING White lake - Heading North or West, or especially Northwest? I need to get a trailer from Uncle Todd at WL and get it closer to Roanoke, VA. I will have the Truck Camper and the '91 Excel, so I don't have a hitch free. I really need to have something closer to us since WL isn't an easy day there and back. Any help? (Perhaps Hillsborough or Denver, NC?) If you take it home, it would be a great excuse to get together again later for a beverage and good time. Any ideas? Thanks, y'all!
fjroma View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fjroma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-09-2017 at 4:04pm
Has the Saturday schedule been firmed up? Hat time do you think the record breaking will finish up? Is there a plan to do a group lunch somewhere on the lake - understanding it would be bring your own lunch? Thanks
roadtrip View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roadtrip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-09-2017 at 11:19pm
Veldegg in Tampa has a fuel tank that I'd like to pick up at the White Lake event. Anyone willing to bring it from Tampa to White Lake? The tank is empty and clean.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donald80SN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-10-2017 at 10:32am
Steve,

My Denver, NC hitch will have my boat hooked to it.

Donald
jackiewdeen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jackiewdeen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-10-2017 at 3:44pm
I know I have seen nothing about food Saturday night. If someone needs paper plates, plastic utensils, solo or coffee cups, napkins, I will bring enough to make it through the weekend, even with "the Donald" in attendance.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donald80SN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-10-2017 at 7:20pm
Jackie,

Its going to be HUGE !!!!!!!

Marty started a food thread for the weekend.

Donald
samudj01 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote samudj01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-11-2017 at 11:51pm
If anyone coming to White Lake may have any used barefoot suits, I am looking for a L/XL and my friend is looking for an XL. I have watched ski it again and only seen $250+ used stuff. Thought this wouldn't hurt to ask. I'll have some cash!
78 Ski Tique, 72 Skier w/302's, 93 SN w/351 & 17 GS22 w/zr409
Previous - 99 Sport Nautique w/GT40 and 87 Martinique w/351
ncdoubleup View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ncdoubleup Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-13-2017 at 7:46pm
Originally posted by samudj01 samudj01 wrote:

If anyone coming to White Lake may have any used barefoot suits, I am looking for a L/XL and my friend is looking for an XL. I have watched ski it again and only seen $250+ used stuff. Thought this wouldn't hurt to ask. I'll have some cash!

Just sent you a PM about a barefoot suit.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1234 5>
  Share Topic