NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

2017 Stringer project

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <123
Author
Tfreeman View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tfreeman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-04-2017 at 12:24am
Removed stripes, they needed work, this was prior to deciding to go all black

Floor in, glassing

Trailer paint

Project took a turn here, scored this kit on eBay, gps controlled perfect pass wakeboard pro. Nauticlaugic gps, complete kit was $750

I had a temporary plate covering a stereo hole the previous owner cut in the protruded area in the center of the dash. I had already decided to go with black over the wood grain but upon removal of that plate, I flaked the wood grain and ended up pulling it off entirely. Then decided to remove the protruded area entirely and glass the hole away.

Dash primed with interlux epoxy prime coat. Guage hole cut for PP. ready for paint.

Tfreeman View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tfreeman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-04-2017 at 12:42am
Test fitting seadek sheet material. I bought it on Black Friday last year, I'm blaming this project on them, because I pulled the carpet and realized what I had

Modded the original observers seat

Created easier access to the bow storage. Which I opened up for more storage. Cooler fits sitting flat under bow.

Finishing the interior

Nautique current font reg numbers

Back on the trailer
Tfreeman View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tfreeman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-04-2017 at 12:51am
Took these 3 on 6/6 which was the 6 month mark for finding the rot

And from the best beach on my local lake (Allatoona)

Gracie approves... she's an awesome spotter

Added the grill today, the base sandwiches to the teak, used aluminum plate underneath, no holes were added in the wood. When not in use only the base will be left on the platform.

Tfreeman View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tfreeman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-04-2017 at 12:53am
Originally posted by MechGaT MechGaT wrote:

Wow! That was fast. Glad you were able to get out on the water this summer.

It was back breaking, but my wife and I, are glad it's finished.
SNobsessed View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SNobsessed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-04-2017 at 10:59am
Great job! Did you re-foam it?

The grill is a 1st. Does it pull off the standpipe for travelling?
“Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.”

Ben Franklin
Tfreeman View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tfreeman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-04-2017 at 12:17pm
Originally posted by SNobsessed SNobsessed wrote:

Great job! Did you re-foam it?

The grill is a 1st. Does it pull off the standpipe for travelling?

Thanks, I did not foam. I did some perpendicular floor supports that for some reason I didn't take any pics of.

The grill comes off, only the base is left mounted. I can't take credit for that idea though I copied someone else's I saw.
MikeEby View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MikeEby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-25-2017 at 12:26pm
Sorry this is my first post. Pictures are not showing up for me because Photobucket is not allowing 3 party links. Is there a way around this? I'm going to start a stringer job on my 86 and I feel like I'm going about it blind as the old saying goes, "A picture is worth a 1000 words".

Thanks!
Mike
Bri892001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bri892001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-25-2017 at 3:03pm
Mike, your best bet is to just put the pictures you want to use on the desktop of an actual computer. I've never had much luck with my iphone, although, oddly enough, I can sometimes post pics here from my ipad.

Then, I find it easier to put a number in the name of all the pics, numbering them in the sequence I want them to go up. This isn't at all necessary, I just find it easier if I'm posting more than a couple at a time.

Anyway, next step, click the Post Reply button. Don't use the quick reply box, but the actual Post Reply. It's kind of hidden, well not hidden, it just doesn't stand out. It will take you to a new page. From there, you'll see a little icon of a tree with an up arrow. Click on that, then browse to select your pics on your desktop. A new box will pop up, just hit ok or whatever.

From there, your post reply box will just have some links with the names of your photos (as they appear on the site). Just add whatever commentary you want, and then post.

I find it helpful, if I have a big post, to copy everything in the post box to my clipboard, just in case something happens, I don't have to write it/do it all over. I guess that's long winded, but once you do it once it will be really easy.
MikeEby View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MikeEby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-25-2017 at 3:54pm
Thanks for the quick reply. The issue is I can't see images that someone else posted.. There are several on this thread about 5 posts up, that are from Photobucket. I can't see them, There is just an image that says "Please update your account to enable 3rd party hosting". from Photobucket.

Are you saying you can see those images?

Sorry to clutter up this thread with a technical question, I didn't see where else to post it.

Mike
Bri892001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Bri892001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-25-2017 at 4:53pm
I can't see those images either. I believe that's on the original post-er to fix, if they care to.

There's definitely plenty of other good re-string threads on this site though....
Well, I thought there were. It looks like photo bucket must have changed their policy recently. That seems to have hurt a lot of the good re-string threads, that I was familiar with anyway.

Here is a mostly text based discussion. I'm sure others will chime in with more:
http://www.correctcraftfan.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=26068&PN=1&title=stringer-floor-replacement-lessons-learned
MikeEby View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MikeEby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-25-2017 at 5:29pm
Originally posted by Bri892001 Bri892001 wrote:

I can't see those images either. I believe that's on the original post-er to fix, if they care to.

There's definitely plenty of other good re-string threads on this site though....
Well, I thought there were. It looks like photo bucket must have changed their policy recently. That seems to have hurt a lot of the good re-string threads, that I was familiar with anyway.

Here is a mostly text based discussion. I'm sure others will chime in with more:
http://www.correctcraftfan.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=26068&PN=1&title=stringer-floor-replacement-lessons-learned

Thanks! I was afraid that was the case. From what's I've seen Photobucket wants the ridiculous price of $399/year for 3rd party hosting. So it's probably not going to happen, So much information lost its really a shame.

Mike
stepper459 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stepper459 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-26-2017 at 11:22am
Originally posted by MikeEby MikeEby wrote:

[QUOTE=Bri892001] I can't see those images either. I believe that's on the original post-er to fix, if they care to.

Thanks! I was afraid that was the case. From what's I've seen Photobucket wants the ridiculous price of $399/year for 3rd party hosting. So it's probably not going to happen, So much information lost its really a shame.

Mike

Not to thread-jack, but yeah, this is extremely unfortunate. I've recently switched to imgur and found it's way easier to use anyway. But that doesn't help going back, and all these images people could have referred to are now basically gone.

Nautique Newby View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique Newby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-26-2017 at 12:42pm
Mike,
You're correct. A whole lot of valuable info is likely gone since most of the stringer threads are from years ago.   I'm in the middle of a stringer job on my '82 2001 and I've fixed my posts to eliminate the photo links so it will give you some idea of what to expect. Certainly not anywhere near what was lost though. I don't mean to hijack this thread but here's the link to the thread I started for your reference.

http://correctcraftfan.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=40923&title=glass-layup-schedule-on-82-2001

I'm really impressed that Tfreeman completed his in 6 months. It's amazing how much time these stringer replacements eat up. I think I'm right at 300 hrs so far.

Hopefully the OP will fix this thread too since it's a newer one.
I hope I don't screw this up!
rolleronariver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rolleronariver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-26-2017 at 4:46pm
Originally posted by Nautique Newby Nautique Newby wrote:

I'm really impressed that Tfreeman completed his in 6 months. It's amazing how much time these stringer replacements eat up. I think I'm right at 300 hrs so far.

I think each year is a little different. For instance, I finished my 92 sport in about 3 months but all I had was the two main stringer and the two secondary stringers in my boat and they were straight so it was toooooo bad. I don't care to do it again anytime soon though. I probably had around 300 hours or so in it.
92 Sport nautique
MikeEby View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MikeEby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-26-2017 at 11:43pm
Originally posted by Nautique Newby Nautique Newby wrote:

Mike,
You're correct. A whole lot of valuable info is likely gone since most of the stringer threads are from years ago.   I'm in the middle of a stringer job on my '82 2001 and I've fixed my posts to eliminate the photo links so it will give you some idea of what to expect. Certainly not anywhere near what was lost though. I don't mean to hijack this thread but here's the link to the thread I started for your reference.

http://correctcraftfan.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=40923&title=glass-layup-schedule-on-82-2001

Hopefully the OP will fix this thread too since it's a newer one.

Thanks for fixing the links in your thread...Photobucket's change in policy has caused quite a mess in the technical forum world. I'm a member of several and lots of folks are pretty upset about it.

Another great thread that uses most of it's images from a different source other then Photobucket that still works is Big Pappa's thread called 85 2001 LVL Stringer Project.

I thought about starting a new tread with links to these other threads with pictures that still work, or maybe add it to BigPapp's sticky thread about lessons learned.

Mike
Tfreeman View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tfreeman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-26-2017 at 1:01am
I noticed the problem on another thread and I plan to add the pics in to the best I can over time. I'd hope to find a hosting site that is reasonably easy to use from my phone.

It only took me 6 months but I'm a fireman, I spend a day on duty then I have 2 days off, it allowed me to put some time in. I pretty much spent all free weekdays with the exception of a handful on the project.
Tfreeman View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tfreeman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-27-2017 at 10:31am
Photos fixed after working all morning on it.
fgroce View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fgroce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-27-2017 at 1:17pm
Boat looks great, but isn't it hot during the summers in Ga.? I have a 86 Mustang 86 that is black and when the ac is down, the car is down. Enjoy the boat summer is fading fast.
FGroce
88 Ski Nautique
For 28 years
Now 2002 Ski Nautique
Tfreeman View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tfreeman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-27-2017 at 5:04pm
Originally posted by fgroce fgroce wrote:

Boat looks great, but isn't it hot during the summers in Ga.? I have a 86 Mustang 86 that is black and when the ac is down, the car is down. Enjoy the boat summer is fading fast.

Thanks, yes it's hot in GA. The weather, the boat, the lake water, white boats, black boats, red boats. Everything. That being said the black isn't that much worse, if any, then I remember it being last season.

My summer is more than likely over, we have a newborn.
fgroce View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fgroce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-28-2017 at 9:36pm
Congratulations on the little person. Enjoy them while you can they grow up fast, and will be gone before you know it.
FGroce
88 Ski Nautique
For 28 years
Now 2002 Ski Nautique
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <123
  Share Topic