NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

My green Skier

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <123>
Author
63 Skier View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 63 Skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-02-2017 at 10:38am
Really enjoyed the writeup Tim, and really nice work, just a great looking boat!

Colors like that are interesting, to say the least. When they were new they fit in ..... then a few decades go by, and people look at it like "what the hell was Correct Craft thinking" ..... then a few more decades go by and the color is so cool looking that people turn and point when you ride by.

I love it, "didn't push it much past 52". Based on how mine feels at 40 that always sounds like an emergency in a 16' hull!
'63 American Skier - '98 Sport Nautique
AirTique98 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AirTique98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-03-2017 at 2:10am
     Loved the story and love these old school colored boats...very, very cool! John must have missed your comment that next water test was scheduled for White Lake as the last I heard he was planning on being there. Appreciate the open invite.....might just get there one of these days...on the bucket list. By the way the dock has been cleared and booked for "flyers" the last week of July!!
Bill
98Air Nautique

Former Owner:
1990 Ski Nautique
1981 Ski Nautique
1976 Ski Nautique
1971 Ski Nautique
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-03-2017 at 10:02am
Sounds excellent Bill, we're booked for July.

Ah WL- yes... April is still early spring for us northerners but now I am following. Hope John coerces you to come along. There has been some talk of reviving the CT mini, would be great to have you guys out here in any case.
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-03-2017 at 10:35am
Originally posted by TRBenj TRBenj wrote:

There has been some talk of reviving the CT mini,

That would be a good thing .......seems we've had better weather there that last two years y'all had it then at Badin Lake.
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-03-2017 at 11:44am
Originally posted by Morfoot Morfoot wrote:

.......seems we've had better weather there that last two years y'all had it then at Badin Lake.

Huh? You hittin' the Schnops before lunch today Tim? Remind which planes NOT to get on to today.
JD ski View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JD ski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-03-2017 at 2:09pm
Originally posted by quinner quinner wrote:

What's not to like, what Bride would not pine for a boat motor as a wedding gift, Timmy is setting a whole new trend in Bridal Gift Registry's, LMAO!!!

I was wondering about this as a wedding gift myself. I knew two guys that bought their wives shotguns for Christmas. Those stories did not workout so well. If your wife is happy with this, you definitely have a keeper.
JD ski, slicing, dicing, and shredding since 1981

1999 Air Nautique, GT40 Pro Boss, Trail Rite trailer
1975 Century Resorter
KRoundy View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KRoundy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-03-2017 at 2:30pm
Great write up and pictures!
Previous: 1993 Electric Blue/Charcoal Ski Nautique
Current: 2016 Ski Nautique 200 Open Bow
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-03-2017 at 2:33pm
LOL...No Schnapps Larry just whatever beer is left on the Airplane....They lock the Liquor kits up. .... The last two Benjamin Minis I was at the weather was perfect....The last two Basin Minis....It's rained.
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
john b View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-03-2017 at 3:13pm
I gave a friend a Honda SL350 for a wedding gift back in the 70s.
1970 Mustang "Theseus' paradox"
If everyone else is doing it, you're too late!

Bri892001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bri892001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-03-2017 at 3:15pm
I've definitely given tools to my male friends as wedding gifts. It seems logical enough to me, because often times that's when you get a new house, that may need work etc.

The guy typically gets the short end of the wedding gift thing. How many blenders does a person need.
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-03-2017 at 4:08pm
I have a picture of her back in the day. You had a great canvas to start with

69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
Kristof View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristof Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-07-2017 at 9:08am
Nice story for a VERY NICE boat!

- Gun control means: using BOTH hands!
- Money doesn't make one happy, but when it rains cats and dogs, it's still better to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle...

TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-15-2017 at 12:56pm
June update... I sanded and buffed out the hull a few weeks ago, and installed new emblems this past weekend. The discolored gel at the waterline that has been there since before I owned it is finally cleaned up.

Engine break in is just about done... guessing I have close to 10hrs on it now. No bad behavior and it runs very strong. It seems to like the larger 1214 Acme, guessing its turning in the 5000rpm range based on the speed and my calibrated ear. I will have to send the tach out for repair next offseason. Almost time to add a little more timing and dial back the jetting and see what it is truly capable of.
john b View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-15-2017 at 1:13pm
Beautiful!

Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-15-2017 at 3:14pm
What tach is in there Tim a Mk 24 Teleflex?
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
john b View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-15-2017 at 3:29pm
A guy up here in Manitowish Waters WI has a skier like

TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-15-2017 at 3:31pm
No, no Teleflex gauges on this boat. One of only a few boats I've seen with Medallion gauges. There are no brand markings on the tach (unlike the 2" gauges) so I'm not certain who made it. My plan was to send it to Kocian for evaluation, and possible modern guts replacement (like Steve W had done).

john b View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-15-2017 at 3:35pm
Kocian did a nice job on mine. I especially like the color of your Skier, Tim. A guy up here in Manitowish Waters WI has its twin in very nice original cosmetic condition. It needs a strut and shaft and possibly a rudder from a strike years ago. It's in a garage up here now. I haave tried to pin him down on a price, but no luck. It is powered by a Chrysler slant 6. Seems like an uncommon choice to me. It deserves to have an owner who would put in the necessary time and $ to make it like yours. Love that color.

TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-15-2017 at 3:42pm
Interesting... the 6cyl on the 71+ version is pretty rare. I can only think of 2 Skiers that didn't have v8's after the hull changed. The 6cyl Chrysler was very typical on the preceding 16'1" version that was offered 68-70.
john b View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-15-2017 at 4:01pm
Chalk it up to me not knowing what I'm talking about. The one up here has a hull like my 70 Mustang but no back seat or side panels.

8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-15-2017 at 6:09pm
Tim,
Very nice. Great job.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-15-2017 at 6:45pm

My plan was to send it to Kocian for evaluation, and possible modern guts replacement (like Steve W had done).

I had him do mine too,FYI it was 180 and a year wait- that was just to do the conversion- no cosmetics. I had the chrome done and recently found a non worker on ebay with a very nice face that I'm going to transfer over. In the meantime I got a nos one from Art that has been in the boat for quite awhile now. If yours had been a Teleflex I was going to take it apart to see what model Autometer he used to convert.
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
Donald80SN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donald80SN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-15-2017 at 9:50pm
She is a beauty .
1980 Ski Nautique SOLD Back to Cypress Gardens
2002 Sport Nautique, GT-40, FCT2, Cover Sports, Tower Bimini, Inc., Wet Sounds Audio System, Star Gazer Wake Edition S.
1968 Ski Nautique, Project.
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-15-2017 at 11:56pm

Planning a trip to CT John? Would love to host any of the Berry's.

hmmm....not sure how I missed this.....but I believe this should go on me & Bill's bucket list.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-16-2017 at 12:28am
Originally posted by AirTique98 AirTique98 wrote:

Loved the story and love these old school colored boats...very, very cool! John must have missed your comment that next water test was scheduled for White Lake as the last I heard he was planning on being there. Appreciate the open invite.....might just get there one of these days...on the bucket list. By the way the dock has been cleared and booked for "flyers" the last week of July!!

jeez I wish I knew how to 'double quote'......but anyhow...

Bill's 1st Correct Craft was a 'green' one......will never forget the 1st time I saw it at Rocky River boat launch.
We skipped Wl in favor of the 50th Icebreaker for the WSWSC..
Am hoping that dock gets plenty of use in July

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-16-2017 at 6:54am
Originally posted by jbear jbear wrote:

jeez I wish I knew how to 'double quote'......but anyhow...
john

John,
Copy and paste one quote into another quote.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
relake View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote relake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-16-2017 at 9:24am
Well done!
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-16-2017 at 11:45am
She's beautiful Timmy! Hope to get a ride in it instead of wrenching on it this fall!
81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-16-2017 at 12:10pm
Looks great Tim, Takes a long time to put hours on a boat that you don't ski doesn't it. Think it's going to take me all summer to break in the Hurricane.
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-16-2017 at 12:30pm
looks beautiful!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <123>
  Share Topic