NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

New to me 78 Tique

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 192021
Author
IAughtNaut View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IAughtNaut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-27-2017 at 12:52am
Very cool. let me know if you are looking for an assistant who doesn't know what he's doing.
bring the ruckus
2000 Pro Air
samudj01 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote samudj01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-27-2017 at 12:05am
Below is the original post to this thread.  Unfortunately the site was hacked and all picutures lost.  Happy to send detailed pics to anyone looking at this thread with questions.  Below see pics of before:

And After:

Had been looking for an older boat to go along with my 99 Sport. Saw a 78 Tique on craigslist this morning obo and thought it was too nice to call about. Thank you TRBenj! Tim, knowing I was looking for something, texted me and told me to get on the road. After speaking to the owner, my friend Jesse and I loaded up and drove the looong 1.5hrs to buy this beautiful 1978 Ski Tique (yes, I will fill out a diary soon). Jesse and I bought the boat together and hope to bring this beauty back to its original condition.

First up will be the engine and the trailer. Engine popped the freeze plugs in 2013 so we are on pins and needles as to engine...anyone know a good correct craft engine shop around the Carolinas? We are going to soak her this week and put a bar on it next weekend just to be cautious. 302 Commander.

Otherwise I am very pleased with the boat. New floor and carpet, solid mounts, and from what I can see, all parts there. Trailer has a little left to be desired but it trailered well on the trip home at 65 mph. Pics follow (people in pics are seller and son). Realize now that I didn't get any interior shots. Those to come. And to all, Fram is on there. Don't worry, will change. Thoughts? Let me know what you see is askew.

Questions:
Oil and filter...same as my GT40?
Anyone with pics of where these freeze plugs are?

78 Ski Tique, 72 Skier w/302's, 93 SN w/351 & 17 GS22 w/zr409
Previous - 99 Sport Nautique w/GT40 and 87 Martinique w/351
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 192021
  Share Topic