NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

New to me 78 Tique

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 91011
Author
gun-driver View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gun-driver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-12-2017 at 11:31am
Why not leave the port stringers in while you install the starboard ones, that way you have one side to mirror off of. Even if they are not in great shape you still have a somewhat good base line and it will offer some support to the hull.
That's how I did mine in my '85 worked out great.
samudj01 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote samudj01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-12-2017 at 12:39pm
Read gundrivers post too late. But the port side will be a great template. It came out great this morning.
1999 Sport Nautique w GT40
1978 Ski Tique w 302 Commander
Previous 1987 CC Martinique Owner

-David
samudj01 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote samudj01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-12-2017 at 8:27pm
Spent the better part of two days working on the boat. Pics follow. We are now on to the grinding. The angle grinder with a cutting wheel for the stringer fiberglass was great. Had to get the multi-tool in there too for a few tight spots. And the reciprocating saw in the foam cutting the outline was huge. We could then pop it out in big chunks with the crowbar. The starboard side was pretty shot but the port came out whole and should make a nice template. It still needed to come out but was nice to get it out as one piece.

Painted the needle on the Airguide.

Made a template with ply just in case.

We hunted in the early morning and evening Sat and Sun morning...no deer. Coyote was second place.

Port primary and secondaries came out great. (Starboard crumbled into pieces.)

Let the grinding begin...

-David
SWANY View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SWANY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-12-2017 at 10:29pm
Watching this one, nice progress
phatsat67 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatsat67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-13-2017 at 8:14am
Wow, you guys are moving along! Impressed that stringer came out looking that good.

That thing will be awesome again come spring.
Donald80SN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donald80SN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-13-2017 at 11:00am
WOW, nice work. We all need a winter project to watch.
1980 Ski Nautique SOLD Back to Cypress Gardens
2002 Sport Nautique, GT40, FCT2, Cover Sports, Tower Bimini, Inc., Wet Sounds Audio System,
samudj01 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote samudj01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-14-2017 at 12:27pm
Donald, you are close enough to participate. All the beer you can drink while grinding fiberglass!

-David
Alex47 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alex47 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-14-2017 at 5:54pm
Very impressive!
Donald80SN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donald80SN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-14-2017 at 7:23pm
Originally posted by samudj01 samudj01 wrote:

Donald, you are close enough to participate. All the beer you can drink while grinding fiberglass!

David,
Obviously, you and Jesse have misjudged how much beer I can drink.

I will give you a buzz that this week to see when you guys are working and I can come and join in on the fun. This weekend is bad for me, but I will have some time over Thanksgiving. Maybe, you guys will be working over the extended holiday and can help.

My lungs are 1/2 full of fiberglass dust already.

Donald
1980 Ski Nautique SOLD Back to Cypress Gardens
2002 Sport Nautique, GT40, FCT2, Cover Sports, Tower Bimini, Inc., Wet Sounds Audio System,
samudj01 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote samudj01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-19-2017 at 4:28pm
Well, an evening and morning of grinding in the books. That was fun, no one said ever. But progress was made. Unfortunately we won't be back to the boat for three weeks. Got one side and part of the other rid of the carpet glue. And got started on the bottom. A few pics of the fun...

-David
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 91011
  Share Topic