NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Ford Dearbomatic seals needed

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
MourningWood View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MourningWood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ford Dearbomatic seals needed
    Posted: March-04-2017 at 10:43pm
Anyone have any source for Ford Dearbomatic gaskets and seals?
Mine leaks into the bell housing from the input seal.
Any help greatly appreciated. Thanks.
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-05-2017 at 6:51am
Brian,
There should be a number on the seal. Any power transmission distributor will have it or be able to get it. If there isn't a number, dimensions and the type will work. I think Kaman Industrial is out west by you. For gaskets, I suggest cutting them yourself from sheet.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MourningWood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-06-2017 at 1:37am
Thanks Pete.

I'll pull it apart and have a look. Rear main leaking a couple drops per hour too. Ugh!!!!
81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-06-2017 at 10:28am
Is this that beautiful 312 you put together for the X55? Shame to have to pull that apart.
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MourningWood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-07-2017 at 2:01pm
Thanks...yes, I know it kills me. It runs so beautifully too. This boat is quick.
Over last winter it got a new, correct bottom keel, and frames. Frank and Brian Casey of North Lake Tahoe did a superb job.

As you may know, the engine is right-hand rotation and I could not find a correct, direction-specific rear main seal, so tried the rope seal. I lost round 1.

I have more paint, and am confident I can prevail. Will keep you posted.
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-07-2017 at 2:38pm
I'd be real surprised if a RR seal was ever made for those engines. My early '70 302 block used a rope seal. I removed the pin and installed a 2 piece seal which leaked because of the knurling on the crank was for a left handed engine. In the end I used another rope seal which has worked fine
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-07-2017 at 5:50pm
Originally posted by MourningWood MourningWood wrote:

Thanks...yes, I know it kills me. It runs so beautifully too. This boat is quick.
Over last winter it got a new, correct bottom keel, and frames. Frank and Brian Casey of North Lake Tahoe did a superb job.

As you may know, the engine is right-hand rotation and I could not find a correct, direction-specific rear main seal, so tried the rope seal. I lost round 1.

I have more paint, and am confident I can prevail. Will keep you posted.

Pictures are long over due!!!
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MourningWood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-29-2017 at 1:28am
Well, since I asked the question, thought I'd offer the answer. Hopefully helps someone else
down the road.
Ford Dearbomatic trans seals:
Input (front) seal: p/n 15222SC Nitrile oil seal
Output (rear) seal: p/n 17253SC Nitrile oil seal
Bought from "The O-Ring Store, LLC", Lewiston, ID 208-413-6377
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic