NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Three Lakes, WI Reunion 2017

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12345 6>
Author
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-12-2017 at 10:33pm
Joel,
I'd say both sides of the dam are about equal with the SNW's. The SNW's I mentioned on the ER side are between all their lakes some of which are channels. From my house to the channel to the dam I have one SNW under the hwy. X bridge. You can google map me at 1318 hwy. 32.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
SWANY View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SWANY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-12-2017 at 10:21pm
Another 45 on petes side. Sound right pete?
SWANY View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SWANY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-12-2017 at 10:20pm
When i was a kid, the lady "very old" that worked the hoist and lived across the street state provided home at the time, said it was the only lift of its kind joining two bodies of water in the world. Its pretty cool the first 3 times, 4 if your going back where you came from. Slow no wake channel 25 minutes one way and probably
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-12-2017 at 9:58pm
Steve,
I discussed the dam and lift on page 3. Yes I have been over it but not in recent years.. The gantry cradle has V bunks that automatically adjust to the hull bottom. Inboards are handled the same as I/O's and outboards. From my house to ER downtown, it's about a 3 hour trip and that's because the ER side is LOADED with SLW's.

What are you up to the weekend of the 19th? Love to have you up here are see you.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
skutsch View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skutsch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-12-2017 at 9:04pm
Pete: Have you ever used the Burnt Rollways Boat Hoist

It appears that opens up the Eagle River Chain of Lakes, which would expand the number of resorts hotels. Of course, I have no idea how long it would take to get there from Three Lakes or Eagle River, but the concept is cool.

I wonder if they have special hook ups for inboards (Use only the lifting rings) as opposed to the trailer sort of cradle they show in the pictures.

Anyway seems like a cool thing to go do!
flyweed View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flyweed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-12-2017 at 8:41pm
How far is this from Minocqua? Our summer place is in Minocqua..and will be trailering our SN over this awesome event!! Can't wait to meet up with more SN owners!

Dan
'93 Ski Nautique NWZ, Air Boom Tower
Drink Tonight..for tomorrow We Ride!
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-12-2017 at 6:37am
Dave,
So far there hasn't been anyone camping but there are some campgrounds around. The Harbor Also there is a state/dnr in town.

Joel is correct regarding the musky tournament. I confirmed it last night and hotels are filling up.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
OverMyHead View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-12-2017 at 12:29am
Is anyone camping or is this an all hotel event?
For thousands of years men have felt the irresistible urge to go to sea, and many of them died. Things got better after they invented boats.
1987 Ski Nautique

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-11-2017 at 8:42pm
Joel,
The Oneida Village has a great Friday night fish fry. If you so decide to dine there, ask for Diane as your server. Then, I want a full report on her. She's my wife!!

BTW, I will be adding some details for the area as we get closer.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
SWANY View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SWANY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-11-2017 at 8:35pm
I thought Hotel Brainard right?
Oneida two nights. I havent told brian about the amazing breakfast dinner across the street yet...
Apparently theres a big muskie tournament that weekend so hotels were kind of booked
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-11-2017 at 8:22pm
Looks like we'll keep it on the 19th. The issue is the driver of the ski clubs 200 for the slalom runs. He told me today he had forgotten that his sister was getting married the 19th! No real big problem, I'll find another driver. I just thought I'd throw the idea out there..

Brian and Joel,
Where are you staying?

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
SWANY View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SWANY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-11-2017 at 8:18pm
Same as Brian, him and i have hotel reservations for the weekend of 19th. My two cents, our wieners are too far in now to change the date
illiniball2000 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote illiniball2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-11-2017 at 7:06pm
I would be out the weekend of the 12
Beer is my friend
87 Dominique
Had 67 Starflite
Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-11-2017 at 4:58pm
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had:96' SNOB
had:76' Nautique
had 77 Tique

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-11-2017 at 4:47pm
I've been putting a rough schedule together for the mini. So far it's the slalom coarse Sat. morning then to Pine Isle on Medicine lake for lunch. Weekends they have the BBQ going for brats, dogs, burgers and pulled pork sandwiches. From there, we'll head up towards the dam and anyone interested in sand bar swimming can hang out next to the island between Island and Round lakes or continue up to the dam to take a look at the Burnt Rollways lift/dam. Then I'd say around 6:00 we'll all meet up ether by car or boat at Charlie's boathouse for the evening. There we'll have the charcoal going for a BYO but, if so desired a pass around side dish (or anything) would be welcome.

NOW, I know the date was pre set for the weekend of Aug. 19th but I'd like some input for the weekend of the 12th. The only reason the 12th was passed up is CQ mentioning that's the weekend of the nationals. So, how about input on ether the 12th or the 19th?

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
tjs1295 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tjs1295 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-08-2017 at 12:54pm
The lake levels are incredibly high!! My next excuse is with the dam wide open, that just means more logs have been dislodged and are now available to hit. You make a good argument Pete. Maybe my friends will cancel the reunion weekend, and I will be tempted to venture on down.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-08-2017 at 12:16pm
Originally posted by tjs1295 tjs1295 wrote:

It's not so much the lift, it's the journey up the channel. I can't count how many props I dinged going up there with the boats of my younger days. Then once I get over the dam I don't know the Three Lakes chain at all. Yeah, I'm a wimp!!!

The water level hasn't been this high in 30 years. They have the dam wide open so your level is high too. We have had so much rain that I understand WVIC was starting to worry about th emergency spill way that has never been used. BTW, the lift operator has free maps!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
tjs1295 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tjs1295 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-08-2017 at 12:06pm
WOW! Those are some beautiful boats. I'll keep an eye out next time I'm by the swing. And if you get to Cranberry I have a 1994 red/white Ski Nautique on the northeast part of the lake. A group of us were just at the exact same Eagle lake beach with our 94 a couple weeks ago. Fun spot.
jsenicka View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jsenicka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-08-2017 at 11:51am
SWANY, I got space for you (5500 sq ft in the building behind the my purple SNOB project). You are welcome to tuck another Nautique in there. Just shoot me a message
jsenicka View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jsenicka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-08-2017 at 11:44am
We are up on Cranberry quite a bit.
Wife and I hang with a couple that have their boat on Catfish. He just joined the Nautique gang with a beautiful blue 93 SN.

My dad's place where I keep my boat is about 2 minutes past the rope swing. No wake ends there, and he is on a hard right bend at next no wake on the river.

Pic of my 93 and my buddy's on Eagle Lake last weekend.
tjs1295 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tjs1295 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-08-2017 at 11:38am
I agree Pete. I should have been clearer, I don't want to take MY boat up there. It's not so much the lift, it's the journey up the channel. I can't count how many props I dinged going up there with the boats of my younger days. Then once I get over the dam I don't know the Three Lakes chain at all. Yeah, I'm a wimp!!!
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-08-2017 at 11:25am
Originally posted by tjs1295 tjs1295 wrote:

I hear ya about taking an inboard over the dam. I've never done it, and don't really feel like trying.

Tom,
When the "new" lift was built back in the early 50's, the typical boat was an inboard.

Burnt Rollways

You can still see the remnants of the original lift in the road where the section lifted up to clear the rail type lift and the boat.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-08-2017 at 11:17am
Jim,
Full details are still in the works but so far it's the slalom coarse in the morning of the 19th and then the boat house late afternoon into the evening.

Yes, inboards will go over the lift but, they do close it down I think around 6:00 pm??

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
tjs1295 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tjs1295 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-08-2017 at 11:14am
Oh, OK. I usually don't venture quite that far. The rope swing just west of town is about as far as I get. I'm on Cranberry. I hear ya about taking an inboard over the dam. I've never done it, and don't really feel like trying.
jsenicka View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jsenicka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-08-2017 at 10:50am
I am on the Eagle River, just up from Watersmeet lake. Not sure about trying to get an inboard across the Burnt Rollways lift
tjs1295 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tjs1295 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-08-2017 at 10:29am
jsenicka, where are you on the Eagle chain?
jsenicka View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jsenicka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-08-2017 at 10:21am
What are final details? Laurel Lake Aug 19th? My 93SN is on the hoist over on the Eagle River side. Will have to trailer it over
SWANY View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SWANY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-08-2017 at 1:09am
I'll be in contact as it gets closer
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-07-2017 at 10:09pm
Joel,
I've got a spot for it next to my shop for the 2 weeks.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
SWANY View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SWANY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-07-2017 at 9:54pm
Nope outside is fine, my cover is a year old and a good system to keep it dry. Be nice to not drag it back 350 miles if i can use it that weekend.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12345 6>
  Share Topic