Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Three Lakes, WI Reunion 2017

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12345 6>
Author
Old skier View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Old skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-25-2017 at 9:44am
As you firm things up let me know. Time, place, where to meet. 19th is still good for me. Love to bring the '64 SN over.
M3Fan View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M3Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-26-2017 at 11:18am
I believe we are going to be there, looking forward to it.
2000 SN GT40 w/99 Graphics/Gel
2016 SN 200 OB 5.3L DI
https://forum.fifteenoff.com

davidg View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davidg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-26-2017 at 2:28pm
Pete.......Are you planning on having this event in Eagle River, or Three Lakes? Is the Chanticleer still a good place to stay up there? Any other popular hotels or lodges to check out?
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-27-2017 at 11:17am
Dave,
The mini has been switched to the Three Lakes chain. Less traffic, lots more water and a slalom coarse. Also that's were Charlie's boat hose is (Laurel lake north shore BIG and white -google map it) and we'll end up Saturday evening for food. It's planed for a BYO and we'll have the charcoal going.

Regarding lodging, here's the Three Lakes Chamber site. Go to the directory and select lodging. Plenty of resorts but chances are very high that they will be booked.
My three choices:

The Northernaire High end but they have docks.

Oneida Village An older hotel in downtown Three Lakes. Boats would need to be trailered

Then there's the Triangle. No website and very basic. Reminiscent of a motor lodge from the past you would find on route 66! 715 546 2443 Trailering of the boat is needed as well.

If anyone finds lodging other than the ones listed, post it and I'll comment.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
davidg View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davidg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-27-2017 at 1:51pm
Thanks Pete! Appreciate the update.

The wife and I stayed at the old Northernaire back in the late 80's. Really cool place. Too bad they tore it down, but, progress marches on.

Do they still have that hotel in town called Weasel's (I think it was?). Some friends told me about it. I was never there though.
skutsch View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skutsch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-27-2017 at 1:55pm
Originally posted by davidg davidg wrote:

Thanks Pete! Appreciate the update.

The wife and I stayed at the old Northernaire back in the late 80's. Really cool place. Too bad they tore it down, but, progress marches on.

Do they still have that hotel in town called Weasel's (I think it was?). Some friends told me about it. I was never there though.

Your friends might not be the friends you think they are... Weasels - not so much a hotel, brothel maybe, definitely not a hotel. Anyway, I think it burned down during snowmobile season a few years back when there was little snow...
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-27-2017 at 2:43pm
Dave,
My wedding reception was at the old Northernaire! Yup, it was sad to see it torn down. There was plenty of history that went with it.
Steve is correct that Weasles burnt down and he's also correct it wasn't a hotel! I've got a feeling you know exactly what it was and indeed frequented it once or twice!! BTW Steve, seems you know all about the place too!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
davidg View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davidg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-27-2017 at 8:23pm
You are right Pete! I knew what Weasel's is/was. A fine Northwoods Gentleman's Club. Everybody in the Midwest knows of Weasel's. Was never there....that I recall.

Anyway, Three Lakes was great. I remember being at Northernaire, and when you get out of the car, the smell of fresh air, and pine tree's was very refreshing. And you get to live there. Must be rough. Very cool you had your wedding reception there.   

I need to touch base with him, but Dave Autio was also thinking of coming to the mini as well. Sounds like this might have the makings to be a fun outing.

tjs1295 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tjs1295 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-28-2017 at 6:07pm
I can, and will confirm for all..... Weasel's was great.
davidg View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davidg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-30-2017 at 4:42pm
Just checked on some options:

Northernaire. ~$205/night. Getting tight on rooms.
Oneida: ~$95/night. Plenty of rooms.
Weasel's: Burned down, but you had to pay with lots of $1 bills.

Going to check a few others.

Where will the main action be Pete? Don't want to to stay on the far north side if all the action is on the far south side.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-30-2017 at 8:30pm
Dave,
I'm still putting together a rough schedule. I want to meet with Ryan of Watercraft Sales to get his input since he offered to help. That will happen after the 4th since I'm sure it's pretty hectic over at the marina right now!! So far I want to line up using a slalom course, a sand bar as a general meeting spot and then there's Charlie's boat house Saturday late afternoon/evening. At this point, the activities are pretty centered in the Three lakes chain.   

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-05-2017 at 4:41pm
Some have expressed interest in running the slalom course. so, Saturday morning anyone wanting a run can meet by car or boat at the Three Lakes water ski park. We will be using the ski clubs coarse as well as their 200 with the H6 (450 HP) engine!! I'll announce a time later.

Then the boat house get together is still set for Saturday.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
SWANY View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SWANY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-07-2017 at 9:38am
Figure ill throw it out there if someone in the area can help me out with boat storage for two weeks prior to this mini pm me. Figure ill leave the boat up there after our vacation and bring it home after the reunion.
Thanks
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-07-2017 at 6:58pm
Joel,
Does it need to be inside?

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
SWANY View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SWANY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-07-2017 at 9:54pm
Nope outside is fine, my cover is a year old and a good system to keep it dry. Be nice to not drag it back 350 miles if i can use it that weekend.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-07-2017 at 10:09pm
Joel,
I've got a spot for it next to my shop for the 2 weeks.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
SWANY View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SWANY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-08-2017 at 1:09am
I'll be in contact as it gets closer
jsenicka View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jsenicka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-08-2017 at 10:21am
What are final details? Laurel Lake Aug 19th? My 93SN is on the hoist over on the Eagle River side. Will have to trailer it over
tjs1295 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tjs1295 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-08-2017 at 10:29am
jsenicka, where are you on the Eagle chain?
jsenicka View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jsenicka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-08-2017 at 10:50am
I am on the Eagle River, just up from Watersmeet lake. Not sure about trying to get an inboard across the Burnt Rollways lift
tjs1295 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tjs1295 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-08-2017 at 11:14am
Oh, OK. I usually don't venture quite that far. The rope swing just west of town is about as far as I get. I'm on Cranberry. I hear ya about taking an inboard over the dam. I've never done it, and don't really feel like trying.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-08-2017 at 11:17am
Jim,
Full details are still in the works but so far it's the slalom coarse in the morning of the 19th and then the boat house late afternoon into the evening.

Yes, inboards will go over the lift but, they do close it down I think around 6:00 pm??

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-08-2017 at 11:25am
Originally posted by tjs1295 tjs1295 wrote:

I hear ya about taking an inboard over the dam. I've never done it, and don't really feel like trying.

Tom,
When the "new" lift was built back in the early 50's, the typical boat was an inboard.

Burnt Rollways

You can still see the remnants of the original lift in the road where the section lifted up to clear the rail type lift and the boat.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
tjs1295 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tjs1295 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-08-2017 at 11:38am
I agree Pete. I should have been clearer, I don't want to take MY boat up there. It's not so much the lift, it's the journey up the channel. I can't count how many props I dinged going up there with the boats of my younger days. Then once I get over the dam I don't know the Three Lakes chain at all. Yeah, I'm a wimp!!!
jsenicka View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jsenicka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-08-2017 at 11:44am
We are up on Cranberry quite a bit.
Wife and I hang with a couple that have their boat on Catfish. He just joined the Nautique gang with a beautiful blue 93 SN.

My dad's place where I keep my boat is about 2 minutes past the rope swing. No wake ends there, and he is on a hard right bend at next no wake on the river.

Pic of my 93 and my buddy's on Eagle Lake last weekend.
jsenicka View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jsenicka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-08-2017 at 11:51am
SWANY, I got space for you (5500 sq ft in the building behind the my purple SNOB project). You are welcome to tuck another Nautique in there. Just shoot me a message
tjs1295 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tjs1295 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-08-2017 at 12:06pm
WOW! Those are some beautiful boats. I'll keep an eye out next time I'm by the swing. And if you get to Cranberry I have a 1994 red/white Ski Nautique on the northeast part of the lake. A group of us were just at the exact same Eagle lake beach with our 94 a couple weeks ago. Fun spot.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-08-2017 at 12:16pm
Originally posted by tjs1295 tjs1295 wrote:

It's not so much the lift, it's the journey up the channel. I can't count how many props I dinged going up there with the boats of my younger days. Then once I get over the dam I don't know the Three Lakes chain at all. Yeah, I'm a wimp!!!

The water level hasn't been this high in 30 years. They have the dam wide open so your level is high too. We have had so much rain that I understand WVIC was starting to worry about th emergency spill way that has never been used. BTW, the lift operator has free maps!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
tjs1295 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tjs1295 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-08-2017 at 12:54pm
The lake levels are incredibly high!! My next excuse is with the dam wide open, that just means more logs have been dislodged and are now available to hit. You make a good argument Pete. Maybe my friends will cancel the reunion weekend, and I will be tempted to venture on down.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-11-2017 at 4:47pm
I've been putting a rough schedule together for the mini. So far it's the slalom coarse Sat. morning then to Pine Isle on Medicine lake for lunch. Weekends they have the BBQ going for brats, dogs, burgers and pulled pork sandwiches. From there, we'll head up towards the dam and anyone interested in sand bar swimming can hang out next to the island between Island and Round lakes or continue up to the dam to take a look at the Burnt Rollways lift/dam. Then I'd say around 6:00 we'll all meet up ether by car or boat at Charlie's boathouse for the evening. There we'll have the charcoal going for a BYO but, if so desired a pass around side dish (or anything) would be welcome.

NOW, I know the date was pre set for the weekend of Aug. 19th but I'd like some input for the weekend of the 12th. The only reason the 12th was passed up is CQ mentioning that's the weekend of the nationals. So, how about input on ether the 12th or the 19th?

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12345 6>
  Share Topic