NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Three Lakes, WI Reunion 2017

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 3456>
Author
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-07-2017 at 1:51pm
I'm lining up a driver for the Saturday morning slalom runs and would like a head count. Who's going to participate?

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
SWANY View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SWANY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-08-2017 at 1:10am
I'm in
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-13-2017 at 1:37pm
Well, I just found out that the ski club decided to pull the jump and coarse out early this year! So, that means the planned slalom run for Saturday morning is out. There is one other coarse on the chain that I'm going to investigate. It's on the way to the dam but no pier for extra boats to tie off at. I'll keep everyone informed.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
wayner View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wayner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-14-2017 at 12:43pm
Any idea how many boats might show up to something like this and is a final date / destination in place. I am in Hayward Wis and thought it may be cool to drive over.
1988 Dominique 454
Wisconsin
Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-14-2017 at 12:46pm
Originally posted by wayner wayner wrote:

Any idea how many boats might show up to something like this and is a final date / destination in place. I am in Hayward Wis and thought it may be cool to drive over.

Wayne,
Look through the thread all the details are mentioned as well as a schedule for the weekend. You never quite know how many boats in total their will be, but this one looks like you could easily see a dozen or so gather...
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had:96' SNOB
had:76' Nautique
had 77 Tique

OverMyHead View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-16-2017 at 2:44am
Originally posted by 8122pbrainard 8122pbrainard wrote:

Dave,
It's great you will be coming over!

So far, here's the rough itinerary:
7;30 - 8:00 am. Meet at the Sunset Grill for breakfast on Big Stone lake. (Anchor Marine's boat launch if needed).
9:00 - 9:30, Boat over to the ski club grounds for the slalom runs. Big Stone lake.
11:30 - 12:00 Boat over to Pine Isle for lunch. on Medicine Lake
1:00 - 1:30 Boat up to the Burnt Rollways dam, dock and view the lift and dam.
3:00 - 3:30 Boat back stopping at the sand bar between Island and Round lakes.
5:00 - 6:00 Boat (or drive) to the Brady boathouse for the rest of the day. BYO for the grill and I'll be starting a poll for anyone wanting to bring something. The boathouse is the big white one on the north side of Laurel Lake. By car it's 7304 Campground Rd.

I can be reached at 715 546 8122 The address is 1318 Hwy. 32

The weekend is coming quickly! I am planning my grocery shopping. I can't find anything about the Pine Island lunch location. Is this a picnic area, or is there food available for purchase there?

For thousands of years men have felt the irresistible urge to go to sea, and many of them died. Things got better after they invented boats.
1987 Ski Nautique

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-16-2017 at 5:59am
Dave,
Pine Isle is a on the water bar/grill on the west shore of Medicine lake. Sorry about not being more descriptive in my rough itinerary!! They have their outside grill going on the weekends so basic burgers, dogs and brats and then pulled pork sandwiches

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
M3Fan View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M3Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-16-2017 at 10:41am
We knew this would be a tough weekend for us if it was picked and it turns out it is, we will not be able to make it this year (to my own damn idea for a reunion, ha, that has to be a first). I have a bunch of folks I have to meet with at the Malibu Open this year as well as family commitments (including this being the first week of school for a teacher, kindergartner, and 5th grader) so that makes this weekend a non-starter for us. Take lots of pictures and have fun.
2000 SN GT40 w/99 Graphics/Gel
2016 SN 200 OB 5.3L DI
https://forum.fifteenoff.com

storm34 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote storm34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-16-2017 at 3:04pm
Joel - guessing you've seen this from their Facebook Page?

skutsch View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skutsch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-16-2017 at 5:58pm
Wow!!!

Gotta love fertilizer...
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-17-2017 at 7:55pm
With the ski clubs slalom coarse out for the winter we'll have a slight change in the morning.
I'm digging up some lake maps of the chain and will have them at Sunset Grill.
Originally posted by 8122pbrainard 8122pbrainard wrote:

Here's the itinerary:
7;30 - 8:00 am. Meet at the Sunset Grill for breakfast on Big Stone lake. (Anchor Marine's boat launch if needed).
9:00 - 9:30, For those who want to run a course, we'll check out Honey Rock camps on Long lake otherwise it will be just a free boating morning.
11:30 - 12:00 Boat over to Pine Isle for lunch. on Medicine Lake
1:00 - 1:30 Boat up to the Burnt Rollways dam, dock and view the lift and dam.
3:00 - 3:30 Boat back stopping at the sand bar between Island and Round lakes.
5:00 - 6:00 Boat (or drive) to the Brady boathouse for the rest of the day. BYO for the grill and I'll be starting a poll for anyone wanting to bring something. The boathouse is the big white one on the north side of Laurel Lake. By car it's 7304 Campground Rd.

I can be reached at 715 546 8122 The address is 1318 Hwy. 32

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
redritereturn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redritereturn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-17-2017 at 9:25pm
I wasn't sure if I'd be up this weekend or not, until now...I will be up this weekend though, I you guys are ok with a newbie.?

The other weekend there was a slalom course on Island Lake, but it may have been for the Watercraft 100 year celebration?
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-17-2017 at 9:34pm
Originally posted by redritereturn redritereturn wrote:

The other weekend there was a slalom course on Island Lake, but it may have been for the Watercraft 100 year celebration?

Yes, it was a portable. Glad you'll be up for the weekend!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-18-2017 at 4:09am
Is anyone meting up tonight? Is there a preferred watering hole where We might find some CC Fans?
For thousands of years men have felt the irresistible urge to go to sea, and many of them died. Things got better after they invented boats.
1987 Ski Nautique

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-18-2017 at 9:07am
Dave,
Just east about a block from the campground on 32 is Jakes Third Hole. Besides their adult beverages, I've never been disappointed with the food ether. What's you ETA? Joel and Brian are driving up today but I don't know when they will arrive. Maybe Joel will chime in.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-18-2017 at 9:16am
Around 2pm
1987 Ski Nautique

illiniball2000 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote illiniball2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-18-2017 at 9:25am
Swany and I will be in early evening. We are working in the am and will leave shortly after lunch.
I don't know if Swany will want to grab his boat tonight or in the am. Otherwise we like beer and food.
Let us know where you end up.
Brian
847-532-4107
Beer is my friend
87 Dominique
Had 67 Starflite
SWANY View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SWANY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-18-2017 at 10:00am
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-18-2017 at 10:43am
We will be out on the lake for awhile, We are open to dinner plans but otherwise we will plan on Jakes for late evening. if we want to make that the un-official meet and greet location for Tonight..
1987 Ski Nautique

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-18-2017 at 11:25am
Ok, we'll make Jakes the place to meet but, I may not make it. I do go to bed pretty early plus I have some care giving responsibilities that I'll explain in person.

Regarding tomorrow morning, if anyone wants to ski, I'm offering my dock and I know Charlie will too. I'm in the south bay of Medicine lake and the Tique is in the lift. Again, Charlie has the big white boathouse on the large section of Laurel lake.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-18-2017 at 10:09pm
Jakes at 7:30 for us.
1987 Ski Nautique

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-18-2017 at 10:13pm
Originally posted by OverMyHead OverMyHead wrote:

Jakes at 7:30 for us.

Dave,
Joel and Brian just left my house a couple minutes ago heading for Jakes for dinner. I'm not going to make it but will be at Sunset Grill for breakfast.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
jimsport93 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jimsport93 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-19-2017 at 11:10am
Have a great weekend ya'll !
We are going to need some pics
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-19-2017 at 11:43am
I'll make a 50 buck donation to CCF for a picture of Pete cruisin' along on a tube.

A real picture, no photoshop preferably with the rope tied to the "rear tubing eye"

10 extra if he's wearing the white long sleeved shirt.

fanofccfan View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fanofccfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-19-2017 at 3:33pm
Originally posted by KENO KENO wrote:

I'll make a 50 buck donation to CCF for a picture of Pete cruisin' along on a tube.

A real picture, no photoshop preferably with the rope tied to the "rear tubing eye"

2004 196 LE Ski 1969 Marauder 19 1978 Ski
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-20-2017 at 7:58pm
Originally posted by KENO KENO wrote:

Ken,
Well I did not get out there on the tube BUT, considering your offer, I'll work on it.

The mini went well. Nice weather and we had 5 boats out. Mostly cruising the great water up here, seeing the sites and enjoying old and new CCfan friends. I think there are some pictures coming.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
redritereturn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redritereturn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-21-2017 at 11:45pm
Just wanted to thank all of you guys for a great day on Saturday!       It was nice to meet all of you!

I think my boat was in shock, it hasn't been touching the water for that many hours in years!

-Jeff
illiniball2000 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote illiniball2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-22-2017 at 12:58am
Thanks to Pete for setting up a plan for the weekend. Also thanks to Charlie for using is place as a gathering site. The boathouse is very cool. I have some pictures on my phone but haven't been successful in getting them on here. I will put them up when I get to my computer.
Thanks again,
Brian
Beer is my friend
87 Dominique
Had 67 Starflite
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-22-2017 at 6:38am
Retuning from the Burnt Rollways dam:
Charlie (brady) taking the picture in my Tique
next Dave (overmyhead) and his son Austin
then Joel (swany) and Brian (illiniball2000)
then Jeff (redritereturn) and his brother Dan

BTW thanks to Joel (m3fan) for dumping the mini on me !! Really, it was a great time. My next project will be to see if I can organize a formal full reunion sometime in the near future. Many comments were made that due to the fantastic water/lakes on the chain that it would be great to replace the GL reunion sometime.

The largest inland chain of 28 lakes. 20 boatable on the Three Lakes side.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-22-2017 at 10:36am
I was looking at a map the other day Pete. Looks like a boater's paradise. Would love to make it up there some day to explore, but as the guys around here would say, I'd have to leave NC for that to happen. But it looks great. It looks like you can start at Big then Dog - Deer - Big Stone - Laural - Medicine - Little Fork - Then either Big Fork - Four Mile or Island - Round Planting Ground (side trips to Town Line and Range Line - Then Long. Then is the river from Long to Cranberry Navigable? Doesnt look like it. But then once Cranberry, on to more. Didnt you say somewhere back in this thread that there is a lift from one lake to another? Where is that and how does that work.? Do any of the lakes have HP/speed restrictions or are they all skiable? Doesnt seem like you would ever have a problem finding decent water.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 3456>
  Share Topic