NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Nautique Swervin' Weekends

Post Reply Post Reply Page   12>
Author
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nautique Swervin' Weekends
    Posted: March-28-2017 at 10:26am
Jeff posted this over on PN and thought some skiers here might be interested, too bad they do not have one closer to me or even up in Wisco.

Link to Jeffs post incase my cut and paste does not work:
https://www.planetnautique.com/vb5/forum/nautique-topics/official-correct-craft-news/nautique/514396-nautique-swervin-weekends

Official Nautique Press Release:
(March 23, 2017) - Nautique is proud to announce a brand-new series of events for 2017 dubbed Nautique Swervin’ Weekends presented by HO Skis, USA Water Ski and AWSA (American Water Ski Association). Designed to expose people to waterskiing in a fun and laid-back environment, the 9-stop event series kicks off in April and will be pulled by the record-setting Ski Nautique 200. Completely free of charge for all participants that sign up, these USA Water Ski sanctioned events are aimed to bring everyone together to further the growth of waterskiing all around the country.

During each event a Nautique pro waterskier will be in attendance to provide tips, help teach newcomers how to waterski and showcase just how much fun waterskiing is. Lunch and snacks will be provided free of charge to all participants, but space is limited for each event so sign up quickly.

“Giving people the chance to experience waterskiing in a non-competitive, fun and light-hearted environment is important to showcase the waterskiing lifestyle,” said Nautique president Greg Meloon. “This one-of-a-kind series will give everyone involved an inclusive and enjoyable experience that highlights the lifestyle behind a Nautique.” Meloon added.

“We want to make sure everyone has a good time, gets a chance to ski behind the 200 and enjoys the life that we waterskiers have the privilege to live,” said Nautique athlete Nate Smith. “Waterskiing is so much fun and I’m really looking forward to teaching new people and to share my love for the sport with everyone I can this summer.”

Support for Nautique Swervin’ Weekends is also brought to us by HO Skis. HO will be on-hand during each event with brand-new gear for everyone to try out. Skis, vests, gloves, ropes, handles and much more will all be made available to make sure everyone can get out on the water and have fun. Not only will HO be providing any gear you’d like to try, but they’re also picking up the bill for your USA Water Ski membership for the day as well. With support from HO, USA Water Ski and the AWSA, the Nautique Swervin’ Weekends is set up to be a free event you won’t want to miss!

For more info on Nautique Swervin' Weekends, check out Nautique.com
FLORIDA
April 1-2
Address of Site: Ariana Beach Clubhouse / 320 Ramsgate Rd. / Auburndale, Florida 32823
Athlete: Nate Smith

TEXAS
May 6-7
Address of Site: Frameswitch Ski Lakes / CR 101 / Hutto, TX 78634
Athlete: Nate Smith

CALIFORNIA
May 6 - 7
Address of Site: Folsom Lake 7755 Folsom / Auburn Rd, Folsom, CA 95630 / Lake Winchester Pump House Rd., Clarksburg, CA 95612
Athlete: Scot Ellis

WASHINGTON
May 13-14
Address of Site: Ski Park Lake, 20901 S Prairie Carbon River Rd E, Orting, WA 98360
Athlete: Zack Worden

NEW HAMPSHIRE
June 3-4
Address of Site: MacCallum’s Boat House / 1049 Dover Rd / Epsom, NH 03234

NORTH CAROLINA
Date: June 10-11
Address of Site: Clearlake / 218 West Center Street / Lexington, NC 27292
Athlete: Breanne Dodd

ILLINOIS
June 10-11
Address of Site: Lodi Ski Club / 24379 Lodi Rd. / Jerseyville, IL 62052

ILLINOIS
August 5-6
Address of Site: Wilmington Recreation Club / W. Coal City Rd. / Wilmington, IL 60481
Athlete: TBD

ALABAMA
August 4-5
Address of Site: Russell Marine, River North Marina / 250 River North Marina Rd / Alexander City, AL 35010
Athlete: TDB

About Nautique Boat Company:
Celebrating 92 years of excellence in the marine industry, Nautique is a subsidiary of Correct Craft and has been on the waters of the world with a passion for innovation since 1925. Nautique is known to push the envelope of possibility on the water, and our owners have come to expect nothing but the absolute best. The Ski Nautique 200 has changed waterskiing with 22 world records, the G-Series has won numerous awards for wakeboard boat and wakesurf boat of the year while unlocking new possibilities in wakeboarding and wakesurfing, and our Sport Series has given families endless days on the water without compromise. Through our Nautique Cares initiatives we’re dedicated to not only making a difference on the water, but to people in need around the world. The world’s best ski boat, world’s best wake boat, and a company that cares. To learn more visit Nautique.com

About Correct Craft:
Celebrating 92 years of excellence in the marine industry, Correct Craft is a Florida-based company with global operations. The Correct Craft family includes Nautique, Centurion, Supreme, Bass Cat, Yar-Craft, SeaArk, and Bryant boat companies, Pleasurecraft Engine Group, and Aktion Parks. For more information please visit www.correctcraft.com.

75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-28-2017 at 12:10pm
Signed up for the Lexington NC one.

Coach for the NC session is Breanna Dodd.

Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-28-2017 at 12:15pm
Wilmington IL is pretty dang close or are you worried your lesbian mobile won't make it there?
NCH20SKIER View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NCH20SKIER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-28-2017 at 12:31pm
I'm in for the set after Larry
'05 206 Limited
'88 BFN
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-28-2017 at 1:00pm
Larry, you may want to check the plug in your blow boat behind you, she looks to be resting on the bottom.
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-28-2017 at 1:12pm
#lowprofileracinghull
Donald80SN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donald80SN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-28-2017 at 7:26pm
Originally posted by NCH20SKIER NCH20SKIER wrote:

I'm in for the set after Larry

I have sloppy thirds on Sunday AM.

Donald
1980 Ski Nautique SOLD Back to Cypress Gardens
2002 Sport Nautique, GT-40, FCT2, Cover Sports, Tower Bimini, Inc., Wet Sounds Audio System, Star Gazer Wake Edition S.
1968 Ski Nautique, Project.
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-28-2017 at 10:00pm
Submarine sailboat
tryathlete View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tryathlete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-28-2017 at 10:00pm
I signed up for Wilmington 9:30AM. Somebody from up Northnin Illinois--get
Signed up and carpool.
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-28-2017 at 10:24pm
Adam saw a submarine out on Lake George-----
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donald80SN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-28-2017 at 11:48pm
Larry,

This will be your chance to try out some gear made before 1980. You will dig the new HO Gear. New boat, new ski, new rope, new ski jacket, all equal a new larry.

Donald
2002 Sport Nautique, GT-40, FCT2, Cover Sports, Tower Bimini, Inc., Wet Sounds Audio System, Star Gazer Wake Edition S.
IAughtNaut View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IAughtNaut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-11-2017 at 10:36am
took the 9am NC Saturday slot
bring the ruckus
2000 Pro Air
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-11-2017 at 11:39am
Adam 9:00
Larry 9:30
Greg 10:00
Jim (a friend of mine) 10:30
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IAughtNaut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-11-2017 at 12:15pm
Ha, didn't see your time posted Larry, was hoping we were close

Lets just see if she'll take all 4 of us on the boat together for 2 hours and we'll cycle through a few times. Seems way better than one of us gassing out 5 minutes in and not being able to use the next 25 minutes
bring the ruckus
2000 Pro Air
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-11-2017 at 12:23pm
I am curious as to the program. Seems one person per 30 minute slot, which seems generous, Usually these things go in teams, like you suggest. I am guessing part of the 30 is sales pitch, which is fine, the price is certainly fair. I certainly wouldnt mind 30 minutes to myself, but as you suggest, these old bones are good for about 2 passes and I'm pooped.
storm34 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote storm34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-11-2017 at 12:25pm
Originally posted by tryathlete tryathlete wrote:

I signed up for Wilmington 9:30AM. Somebody from up Northnin Illinois--get
Signed up and carpool.

Dave (host) is a cool dude! Met him at last year's midwest regionals and talked briefly about his 200 and site north of St.Louis. Definitely one of the sites on my bucket list to ski!
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IAughtNaut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-11-2017 at 1:29pm
Originally posted by 75 Tique 75 Tique wrote:

I am curious as to the program. Seems one person per 30 minute slot,
I just checked, the 9:00am option is gone, so unless I was the 2nd (or 3rd) person to pick that slot it seems like 1 person per 30, which is going to be a lot, I'm certainly not a competitive course skier (far from it) which is why I'm excited to have the instruction, but if I took 3 passes today I would need it to be somebody else's turn immediately.
bring the ruckus
2000 Pro Air
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-11-2017 at 1:35pm
I think its just one per slot. My buddy tried to sign up right after I did, and gregs and my spots were full. And I think thats the day enrollment opened.
NCH20SKIER View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NCH20SKIER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-11-2017 at 1:35pm
I will be showing up with 2 skis so that I can drop 1 to save some of the arms.
Heck I may even bring my paddle for good measure
'05 206 Limited
'88 BFN
Timr71 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Timr71 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-11-2017 at 1:42pm
Hmmm....the last event is at my home marina. I'd like to attend, but historically, that's the weekend of a lake event at my cousin's house. It's highly likely we'll be out of town, but at the lake.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IAughtNaut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-11-2017 at 3:13pm
Larry you should bring your boat and the three of us can rip barefoot runs while they're changing skiers at the dock to show people you don't need a $100K boat or a $1K ski. haha
bring the ruckus
2000 Pro Air
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-11-2017 at 3:41pm
We are close to on the same page Adam, but what I was thinking was someone brings a boat (bigger than mine) and while others are skiing we go find another cove far enough away from the action so we dont disturb them, and get in some runs.

Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-11-2017 at 3:53pm
Originally posted by IAughtNaut IAughtNaut wrote:

while they're changing skiers at the dock to show people you don't need a $100K boat or a $1K ski. haha

You took a run on a $1000 ski at the Ruckus and the Shine on your smile matched the shine on your head when you got back. So watch it fella!
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IAughtNaut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-11-2017 at 4:57pm
Tim- I didn't say it wasn't fun to ride on fancy equipment, just not required.

Larry- I'm in. that's only an hour from me so I'd be happy to bring mine. It's probably got the worst bf wake out of all our boats but it's roomy. I think I may have someone to take the 8:30 slot too.
bring the ruckus
2000 Pro Air
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-11-2017 at 10:19pm
Hmmm......how did I miss this? The 1st weekend in Auburndale is only 20 minutes away. Woulda been worth a ride up just to see what was goin on.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IAughtNaut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-08-2017 at 11:57pm
Change of plans guys, I can't make this after all. I emailed Nautique to release me time slot. You guys have fun without me. Somebody take a big crash for me. Watch out for the ass end of the boat, they hurt.
bring the ruckus
2000 Pro Air
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-11-2017 at 12:21am
What a great time. Everything was perfect. No sales pitches, the whole half hour session was behind the boat. Perfect venue. I thought it was High Rock Lake but it was a separate "lagoon" off of High Rock so no access to other boats and the water/wind conditions were perfect. Slalom course. Nautique 200 CB was a beautiful boat. Coaching by Breanne Dodd was great. Since we are all old and would be exhausted after 2 passes (OK, what am I going to do for the other 27 minutes) we asked if we could lump our three adjacent 1/2 hour sessions into one 1.5 hour session and we rotate, and that was fine with them.

My friend Jim coming in at the end of a pass

Jim getting some tips from Breanne

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donald80SN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-11-2017 at 7:10pm

Guys, I had my Nautique Swervin' time today at 11:00 AM. I had the same question as many of your concerning this banner at the gate.

Where is the welcome Donald Banner? I had the same thought. My best guess is one of my over excited fans stole it.

WOW what a great event. It was a lot more laid back than I was expecting. Several kids actually were skiing for the first time. Breanne was great and we skied behind a SN200 with a 6.0 Liter Engine.

The South-Eastern Rep from HO was there with a lot of skis for folks to try. My 16 year old needs a proper ski and the folks from HO were a great help in helping me make an educated decision on a ski for her. They also had a ton of bindings / boots to check out.

When I finished my run, I asked Breanne to give me an honest answer to the question of, am I ready to go Pro.? She said yes, but I should wait to next year. I guess she did not want to me to push any one out of a slot this year.

I know there are some events in August and if you can take advantage of this I would highly recommend it. I will be greatly surprised if several sponsorship deals are not brought to me this week as a result of my sort of runs. .

Donald
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-11-2017 at 9:29pm
Don if your going to wait a year to go pro how about being the instructor for the Illinois event-

ILLINOIS
August 5-6
Address of Site: Wilmington Recreation Club / W. Coal City Rd. / Wilmington, IL 60481
Athlete: TBD

I'll sign up if your the athlete
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
Orlando76 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Orlando76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-11-2017 at 9:37pm
Surprised they had a slalom course. Their first event here in Orlando was just free skiing. Snoozer.
Please support The Cystic Fibrosis Foundation
1976 Ski Nautique 351 Escort
1993 Ski Nautique purple and black 351 HO PCM
 Post Reply Post Reply Page   12>
  Share Topic