Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Mismatched hose connections

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
86Nautique2001 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 86Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Mismatched hose connections
    Posted: July-05-2006 at 10:47pm
I have an '86 SN2001 with a Commander marine conversion. Because I've been noticing increased leakage at the inlet of the raw water pump I pulled the hose off this weekend to take a closer look. As it turns out, the barb on the outlet of the tranny oil cooler is a 1 1/4" and the inlet barb on the raw water pump is 1". The hose running between the two is a 1 1/4" suction hose (coil reinforced) and seems to possibly be the culprit on the leakage I'm seeing at the pump inlet. Any suggestions?? Is this type of suction hose required...all other suction lines from the hull through the strainer to the oil cooler don't appear to be this heavy duty reinfored? Thanks in advance for the feedback!
Kevin's '79 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kevin's '79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-06-2006 at 8:21am
I have a '79 Ski Nautique with a Commander engine also. Mine is set up the same way. Mine was leaking once and when I took the hose off a hard piece of nylon tubing about 2 inches long fell out of the hose. It looked like it was originally on the pump to make it have a 1 1/4" OD to match the hose. I put some liquid soap on it and slid in back onto the pump and the hose has never leaked again.
Tim D View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-06-2006 at 9:30am
Is that metal coil inside that hose rusty? If it is and it breaks off you'll have trouble. Find some import hose clamps that are two metal loops, they'll pinch better than the flat style.
Tim D
86Nautique2001 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 86Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-06-2006 at 10:11pm
Thanks fellas. Kevin - it sounds like it is probably the "bushing" component that I'm missing. I thought about trying to build up the difference with some electrical or duct tape, but I'm not real confident on how she'll hold. Tim - nice call on the hose clamp upgrade. I'll see if I can get my hands on some better ones that what I have on there now - Thanks.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic