Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

1998 gt40

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
silverbane View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote silverbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 1998 gt40
    Posted: April-05-2017 at 11:04am
I have a 1998 gt40 fuel injected engine.   The oddest thing happens, when the engine is cold is will start and run just fine. The second I shut the engine off after it has gotten hot it won't start again until it cools down. What could cause this?
Dreaming View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dreaming Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-05-2017 at 2:12pm
you haven't given us very much information to go on, but a couple of things come to mind, you may have a fuel control cell issue, or it is possible that your fuel pump relays are heating up and opening when the engine is warm.. Do a search for FCC on gt-40 engines for a description of the repair that is common, test the relays (or just pop some new ones in (they are cheap and known to fail) .   Also, there is a poor mans gt-40 thread that has lots of issues/solutions in it if the first two things don't solve your problem.   give that a read as well.   
Fl Inboards View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fl Inboards Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-05-2017 at 4:26pm
I have seen this before. I have an ECM 280-E ? that has fuel pump driver issues after it warms up and has hot soaked. maybe not your issue but check after you have run it and shut it off and hot soak and check and see if you can hear the fuel pumps come on if not then either the relay or the ECM have heat induced failure. I would go to the relay first and change it out.
A place to start anyway. Good luck>
Hobby Boats can be expensive when the hobbyist is limited on their own skill and expertise.

1993 Shamrock "fat" 20. 2008 Nautique 196 5.0
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic