Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Thermostat Housing Gasket

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
89 Martinique View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 89 Martinique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Thermostat Housing Gasket
    Posted: May-25-2004 at 5:01pm
I am replacing the thermostat on my PCM, Ford 351. Should I use gasket seal on the gasket? It does not appear to have had gasket seal originally.

Thanks in advance!
kenny g View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kenny g Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-25-2004 at 5:41pm
maybe the last guy didn't have any to use.
i would use a THIN layer on both sides of the new gasket.it sure can't hurt.
kenny g
64 Skier View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 64 Skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-26-2004 at 6:46am
I wouldn't place gasket sealer on the Thermostat gasket. When you rotate to adjust the Thermostat, the sealer may not allow movement.
64 Skier
66" HO VTX and 67" HO Triumph
71CC
64 Skier View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 64 Skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-26-2004 at 8:32am
Hey Sorry about that Post. I was still thinking about an earlier post about the Housing Adjustment.

Yes, do use a sealer. If you have experienced problems before, use a "draw" file and in a few wacks you'll see how warped these things can get and why they leak.

I pulled one apart a few weeks ago and it had no gasket or thermostat and the rust must have sealed it over all the years, but w/out the thermostat it's very low pressure! I filed for quite some time, used Permatex and made a new gasket, but at least it doesn't leak now and the engine runs better at the proper temp.

64 Skier
66" HO VTX and 67" HO Triumph
71CC
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic