Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Muffler Hose

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
fgroce View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fgroce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Muffler Hose
    Posted: April-09-2017 at 10:30am
While I had the boat all apart I noticed the 4 inch hose after the muffler had collapsed some in the middle.   So I changed it out and upon inspection I found that it had gotten very hot at some point in time before I purchased the boat. Here are the pictures.
FGroce
88 Ski Nautique
For 28 years
Now 2002 Ski Nautique
Jonny Quest View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jonny Quest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-09-2017 at 1:17pm
Exhaust hoses are a good tell-tale indicator that the engine has been over-heated. Engines that get too hot can develop latent problems like cracked heads/block, head gasket issues, piston rings that loose temper, etc. Hopefully your CC has had the problem corrected and that any residual issues won't show up later and bite you in the butt.

JQ
Current
2003 Ski Nautique 206 Limited

Previous
2001 Ski Nautique Open Bow
1994 Ski Nautique Open Bow

Aqua skiing, ergo sum
hal2814 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hal2814 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-10-2017 at 5:09pm
Yup. That's pretty much what mine looked like last year when I left the intake hose disconnected and overheated my engine. I'd get those hoses changed out before they start to leak (if they haven't already). Fortunately, the tolerance for those melting is pretty low. After going over it pretty thoroughly after my overheat, my engine didn't suffer any major damage. Hopefully, yours will continue to be fine, too.
fgroce View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fgroce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-10-2017 at 9:56pm
Thanks I know the hose failure temp is pretty low. If any damage was done to the motor who knows. I did not own it then, if it breaks I will fix it. But so far the engine runs great has lots of power, no leaks or issues.
FGroce
88 Ski Nautique
For 28 years
Now 2002 Ski Nautique
fgroce View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fgroce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-21-2017 at 10:55pm
I have been doing some preventative work on the engine. Rebuilt water pump, found most of the vanes missing. Decided to completely overhaul the pump. New bearings, seals the works. Also decided to replace the thermostat and try to find some of the missing vanes. I found the port going to the risers completely plugged up. I imagine this is what was real hard on the hoses. I know there may be rubber parts inside the water jacket but they will just have to flush out. I will not take the motor apart until I have trouble. Will post picture when I have it.
FGroce
88 Ski Nautique
For 28 years
Now 2002 Ski Nautique
fgroce View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fgroce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-22-2017 at 10:36pm
Here is the picture of the plugged water pump port. No telling how long it had been plugged.
FGroce
88 Ski Nautique
For 28 years
Now 2002 Ski Nautique
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic