Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

'00 SAN Platform

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
jlharms View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jlharms Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: '00 SAN Platform
    Posted: April-19-2017 at 7:03pm
I have a 2000 SAN, and would enjoy a larger platform. I thought about getting creative with either fiberglass over what I have now, or possibly making up a whole new one. I've heard the next couple years newer platform would be a drop on replacement, but they are no longer available new. Curious if anyone knows where I could find a used one possibly, information on what years might fit, or what other options folks have perused to have a larger platform? Thanks in advance.
jlharms
bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-19-2017 at 8:06pm
ehhhhh, I don't think so. I don't believe there is any drop in replacement that will be any larger. I think it was 2003 when they went to a larger platform, but they also reshaped the back of the boat. I think all of the bigger platforms will be too wide for you boat. I could be wrong.

Personally, I don't think a larger platform is going to look very good with the stern design of the boat, but I'm probably wrong about that too since I am no design expert.

BKH
Livin' the Dream

s_kelley2000 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote s_kelley2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-20-2017 at 3:22pm
I am pretty sure that the changes that were made in 2003 were to the deck only. In 02 the transom got a little steeper and the eliminated the bump in. Since the platform mounts below the rear deck/hull seam I think the larger platform will fit if you can find one. It would be worth measuring before pulling the trigger so please don't just take my word for it. Here are some pics to show what I mean:

95-01

2002-2006

The chances of finding a used one are pretty rare (I have been casually looking for 5 years since I got my boat). I think you can buy them through the CCF Store or also from Teak World. I just noticed this thread on PN the other and this might be another avenue to explore.
1999 Python Super Sport
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-20-2017 at 5:54pm
Looking through the various brochures, I think S Kelly is right. You could probably use the 20002-2006 platform on your 2000. Think is, It's not any bigger. It's rounded instead of trapezoid shaped, but doesn't appear to be bigger.

For a bigger platform, I think you are looking for something off a 211, or one of the newer 210s. I have no idea if they fit you boat, however.

BKH
Livin' the Dream

jlharms View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jlharms Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-21-2017 at 1:11pm
Thanks for the info. I don't want something too big. Just a little longer, and not so steep of angle coming back. Also, something that's not so slippery. A buddy of mine has an SV211. Maybe I'll see if his platform will fit. Not a huge deal just a quality of life improvement.   
jlharms
s_kelley2000 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote s_kelley2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-21-2017 at 1:48pm
The 03+ NSS/SAN 210 platform is definitely wider and it at least seemed longer but I never put a tape to my friends 03. The main problem with the older platform is that it tapers very narrow towards the end like you said.

If yours is slippery, it was likely sanded a little too aggressive during cleaning at some point. Not sure how to fix that but have always heard to go easy if you need to sand for that reason.
1999 Python Super Sport
jlharms View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jlharms Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-21-2017 at 1:59pm
That may very well be the case. MDValant told me it looked as though the previous owner may have used a varnish instead of Teak oil indicating refinishing may have occurred.
jlharms
RJ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-25-2017 at 2:26am
I have a 2002 SANTE that I changed the platform from the 02 narrow version to an 05 wider version. it was a noticeable difference, as my wife says we went from a 3 to a 5 butt platform. I made the change in 2009 or 10 and it took a long time searching to find a suitable platform, I found mine online from a company in FL (I couldn't find their contact info) that had the remaining OE unfinished platforms from Correct Craft, (unfinished blanks that were not used in production) Here are a few pics.

jlharms View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jlharms Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-25-2017 at 10:59am
Haha that's awesome. 3 to 5 butts. Was that just a drop in replacement for you? Something like that would be a nice little upgrade. I imagine finding one at this point would be a challenge though. However, if I know its plug-n-play then I can start looking for one a little harder. Thanks for the reply.
jlharms
tryathlete View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tryathlete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-25-2017 at 11:16am
I'm wondering if the larger platform would fit my '96 Super Sport. Sure looks like it would. I'd like to drop the teak and go for glass just for the reduced maintenance--but the 5 butt space would be good too
RJ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-25-2017 at 12:17pm
Yes, it was a direct replacement at least for my 02, just plug and play. I did loads of research and measurements prior, but that was a long time ago and I didn't keep that info. I did have to change my boat cover, the old one didn't fit with the wider longer platform. New platform = $450, New cover = $800, but I was in need of a new cover anyway I guess.
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-25-2017 at 12:34pm
You can get an 05' Platform in the CCFan store, Jatoba instead of Teak
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-25-2017 at 4:52pm
Very cool to see the contrast of the two platforms.
I was wrong, now I know.

BKH
Livin' the Dream

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-25-2017 at 6:22pm
Would also be entered to know how that platform changed the surf wake?

BKH
Livin' the Dream

RJ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote RJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-26-2017 at 2:24am
Hey BKH - we need to get those PHX beers - going soon.

As far as the surf wake goes, my SANTE has never been "great", and I didn't notice much if any change with the platform.
jlharms View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jlharms Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-26-2017 at 11:07am
Thanks for the info guys. That side-by-side comparison is very helpful. Good to know there is a readily available option out there. I will have to do a little looking to see if my 2000, and the 2002 have the same spacing on the platform brackets. Also, I will second the suction gate. I made one last year, and it makes a huge difference. Cleaned the wake up, and the boat doesn't have to be rolled over so far.
jlharms
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-26-2017 at 11:11am
RJ, my bad. Was in Phoenix about 3 weeks ago. I'll be back within the next 6 or 8 weeks. I'll make a point of reaching out. BKH
Livin' the Dream

kdinger838 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kdinger838 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-14-2017 at 12:10am
I have a 2000 sn we took in on trade, It didn't come with a platform, if anyone is selling their old deck ill take it, I don't need the brackets!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic