Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

It’s alive!

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
AWhite70 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AWhite70 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: It’s alive!
    Posted: May-26-2004 at 1:43am
The freshly rebuilt engine in my '79 SN sprang to life today. It started right up after I figured out the distributor was 180 deg. out...doh.

Ran the engine for about 30 min in the driveway per Comp Cams recommendations. This is the first engine I've ever rebuilt, so I was a little nervous but so far everything appears to be alright.

Now I just need to set the alignment, throw in the seats and bolt on the prop and I should be in business.
ken@ckbd.com View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ken@ckbd.com Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-31-2004 at 11:35pm
There is nothing like the feeling you get when you start up a motor that you have built for the first time! Congratulations and best of luck!

Of course, you realize that they always run great in your driveway. It's when you are miles from home with no tools, no cell phone, and no radio that something will go wrong!!!! At least that has been my experience!

I hope you have better luck than me!
68 Mustang
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic