Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

swim platform bracket/transom angle

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Atmspltr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Atmspltr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: swim platform bracket/transom angle
    Posted: July-06-2006 at 9:39pm
Does anyone know the angle of the swim platform brackets for a 67 Mustang? Is it the same as a mid 70's Ski Tique?
captinr View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote captinr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-12-2006 at 3:09pm
Am doing the same project on my '68 Mustang. I used a dial angle gauge on the transom and came up with a 10 degree transom angle and 12 degrees on the swing angle for the brackets. Alloy Marine is sending the brackets this week. Will post the results. Thanks again to DrCC for the first rate swim platform.
69 Mustang View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 69 Mustang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-25-2006 at 5:59pm
How did this work out? On my 78 Ski Tique I calculated a 10 degree in-swing and a 10 degree rise angle. Now I'm concerned I'm off by 2 degrees on the swing...

Thanks
For every complex problem, there is a solution that is simple, neat, and wrong.

"Where the **** are we?" Amelia Earhart. July 2, 1937
The Dude View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-25-2006 at 7:39pm
i'll bet jim_in_houston knows. try emailing him.
Mullet Free since 93
95 Sport
captinr View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote captinr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-26-2006 at 12:17pm
Everything worked great. I used 12 degrees on the swing angle to allow the brackets to mount in the centers of the rails on the swim deck. Your deck may be different. 10 degrees was perfect for the transom angle. I am installing a 3"x3" 10 degree angle bracket on the center of the transom this weekend to take the "bounce" out of the center of the swim deck. Alloy Marine sent me the bracket and I will report back with the results. Thanks one more time to DrCC for the custom swim deck
Atmspltr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Atmspltr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-28-2006 at 9:53pm
I'm all done...8° transom angle and the outboard to inboard angle was a function of my platform. I determined the transom angle by leveling the trailer until the waterline stain on the boat was perfectly level. I then used a swing protractor and determined 8-9° past 90°. I made mine 98° and it was perfect in the water. I used 2.5" aluminum bar on the backside to distribute the load of the mounting bolts.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic