Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

2002 Ski Nautique overhaul

Post Reply Post Reply Page   12>
Author
fgroce View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote fgroce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 2002 Ski Nautique overhaul
    Posted: April-23-2017 at 10:00pm
I purchased a 2002 Ski Nautique last August. It looked okay but needed some polish. So I decided to make it new to me.

I removed all the decals polished the gel coat and repaired a couple nicks. Then stripped the interior out of it and pulled up all the carpet.

I then installed the new carpet.

Now putting it back together.
FGroce
88 Ski Nautique
For 28 years
Now 2002 Ski Nautique
fgroce View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fgroce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-23-2017 at 10:03pm
I have a whole box full of skins from Christines to put back on the seats. This is going to be interesting. Took them off 3 months ago to send for patterns, hope my notes and pictures are good enough.
FGroce
88 Ski Nautique
For 28 years
Now 2002 Ski Nautique
fanofccfan View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fanofccfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-24-2017 at 12:35am
Nice work. My first thought that came to mind was that boat is too new for refurb......then it hit me that it is 15 years old......sheesh....I think I started trolling the site about then! Keep up the good work.
fgroce View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fgroce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-25-2017 at 8:56pm
Been working on the boat, Started putting the skins back on and only a few more pieces to go.. Don't think I will get done by Memorial day.

FGroce
88 Ski Nautique
For 28 years
Now 2002 Ski Nautique
Wisky Badger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wisky Badger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-25-2017 at 9:09pm
Your progress looks great. Did you buy that off craigslist? If that is the boat I remember seeing on Craigslist, you got a smokin deal.
fgroce View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fgroce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-25-2017 at 10:03pm
Yes I got it off of Craigs list. Nice little drive to go check it out and bring it home.
FGroce
88 Ski Nautique
For 28 years
Now 2002 Ski Nautique
GottaSki View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GottaSki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-26-2017 at 11:13am
Nothing makes me feel more aged than a 2002 Nautique that needs gutting, cept maybe seeing an SVO mustang with tin-lizzy antique plates.
"There is nothing, absolutely nothing, half so much worthwhile as messing around with boats...simply messing."

River Rat to Mole
fanofccfan View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fanofccfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-27-2017 at 10:37am
I thought the same thing!^^^^^^^
2004 196 LE Ski 1969 Marauder 19 1978 Ski
SNobsessed View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SNobsessed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-27-2017 at 3:39pm
If you want to feel young again, go visit some elderly people in a home. You wil perk right up.
β€œBeer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.”

Ben Franklin
fgroce View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fgroce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-10-2017 at 9:15pm
I have been working on finishing the boat. I figure I have two full days of work left to be done All the seats are covered, rear hatches covered the only thing left is to cover the engine box after a little sanding. Here are some pictures.

FGroce
88 Ski Nautique
For 28 years
Now 2002 Ski Nautique
tryathlete View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tryathlete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-10-2017 at 10:14pm
Wow. That is a new boat. Congrats!
Wisky Badger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wisky Badger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-12-2017 at 10:39pm
Donald80SN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donald80SN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-12-2017 at 11:37pm
OMG what a great job you are doing. I am sure pulling that carpet out with all of the glue had to be one hell of a job. It sure pays to work with Christine's. The results are incredible and it shows that you are doing it right. .
1980 Ski Nautique SOLD Back to Cypress Gardens
2002 Sport Nautique, GT-40, FCT2, Cover Sports, Tower Bimini, Inc., Wet Sounds Audio System, Star Gazer Wake Edition S.
1968 Ski Nautique, Project.
fgroce View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fgroce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-13-2017 at 9:09am
Hopefully in the next two days I will be able to finish it off and put it in the water.
FGroce
88 Ski Nautique
For 28 years
Now 2002 Ski Nautique
fgroce View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fgroce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-13-2017 at 10:26pm
Today finished installing the new GPS Perfect Pass upgrade. I also installed the new decals. The Ski by CorrectCraft was made by Domed Numbers. They did an awesome job at a good price, quick turnaround. Tomorrows job will be finishing sanding the engine box cover and putting the skin on it.
FGroce
88 Ski Nautique
For 28 years
Now 2002 Ski Nautique
fgroce View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fgroce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-13-2017 at 10:30pm
One last picture.
FGroce
88 Ski Nautique
For 28 years
Now 2002 Ski Nautique
fgroce View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fgroce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-14-2017 at 10:51pm
The last piece to cover, this is how many clamps it takes to hold the cover tight on the engine box. I used about 27 hand clamps and it worked great.
FGroce
88 Ski Nautique
For 28 years
Now 2002 Ski Nautique
skier88 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skier88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-15-2017 at 12:03am
Great work. Hopefully you will be able to get out and enjoy it this weekend.
2006 Ski Nautique 196
1988 Malibu Skier
1988 Ski Nautique 2001(Family boat)
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donald80SN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-15-2017 at 10:06pm
Frank,

Please give more info on the skinning of the motor box. Is there glue under the skin? I have send post on here over the years where they hang it upside down and such in a garage, but I never quite understood the process. The PO of my boat put several nicks in my dog house vinyl with skis. It drives my wife crazy so this is an excuse to change it.

Looking great. I never would of thought to used Doomed Numbers for emblems. I used them for my registration numbers and I was very pleased.

Donald
2002 Sport Nautique, GT-40, FCT2, Cover Sports, Tower Bimini, Inc., Wet Sounds Audio System, Star Gazer Wake Edition S.
fgroce View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fgroce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-15-2017 at 10:15pm
The engine house originally had just foam on the very top. I wrapped the sides with 1/2 dacron fill. Then covered the engine box with real thin painters wrap, sprayed a little 3M 74 to hold the film and dacron in place. Then placed the engine house on my large green roll around trash can so I could work around. Pulled cover down 2 people helps. Used 28 clamps to hold skin on and went around about 5 times, Then Stapled the skin down around the bottom edge. Hope this helps.
FGroce
88 Ski Nautique
For 28 years
Now 2002 Ski Nautique
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-15-2017 at 10:20pm
Very PN of you Cousin Don
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donald80SN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-15-2017 at 10:40pm
Originally posted by fgroce fgroce wrote:

Then Stapled the skin down around the bottom edge. Hope this helps.

It sure does.

Thanks,

Donald
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donald80SN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-15-2017 at 10:41pm
Originally posted by Gary S Gary S wrote:

Very PN of you Cousin Don

I wear my hat backwards everyday. Makes me feel young again.
kytom2 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kytom2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-15-2017 at 11:46pm
Great job!
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-16-2017 at 12:19am
Interesting use of the clamps too,thanks for the tip.
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
fgroce View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fgroce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-16-2017 at 10:58pm
Today was the day. We were able to go to the lake and try out the boat, We went once yesterday, but was not getting any fuel.   I had the fuel lines on the tank swapped. The supply line to the pump had red tape on it on both ends. One of the 90 degree fittings had red paint on it. Thought they went together, wrong. Swapped lines engine primed up and fired right up. Perfect pass GPS upgrade worked great. The boat has the Farina upgrade on the gauges but the speedometer is 10-15 mph slow. The boat still has the paddle wheel installed,   I think this is the problem of the low speed reading any thoughts?
FGroce
88 Ski Nautique
For 28 years
Now 2002 Ski Nautique
fgroce View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fgroce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-17-2017 at 4:49pm
Okay since back on the water with a new steering cable, If you let go of the steering wheel just for a second you start a good left hand turn. This boat has the tunable rudder, what way to adjust it left or right or will it not make any difference.
FGroce
88 Ski Nautique
For 28 years
Now 2002 Ski Nautique
emccallum View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emccallum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-18-2017 at 12:01am
nice job!!
fgroce View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fgroce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-27-2017 at 9:29pm
Here is a picture of the boat after our trip to the lake. Runs great no issues, We have put about 7 hours on it so far.
FGroce
88 Ski Nautique
For 28 years
Now 2002 Ski Nautique
velde99 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote velde99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-27-2017 at 9:38pm
πŸ‘πŸ». Awesome!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page   12>
  Share Topic