Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

82-90 steering cable

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
throttle out View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote throttle out Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 82-90 steering cable
    Posted: April-24-2017 at 9:39am
I'm wondering what is so special about the 82-90 SN steering cable. My 89 is due and I've been searching for definitive data and not coming up with it. My boat is still in storage but look to haul it out soon. I would like to have the parts ready to install when I get it home vs it sitting in my driveway for a week plus waiting for parts.
I've heard paying anything over $150 for a steering cable is robbery, nautiqueparts.com wants $309 for an 82-90 17.5' special throw steering cable.

Any guidance, thoughts, or suggestions would be awesome.

Thanks in advance!!
1989 Ski Nautique 2001 351 PCM w/ 1-1.23
phatsat67 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatsat67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-24-2017 at 10:50am
Correct Craft is the only company that orders the steering cables in half sizes you can make a normal size work but the other caveat is that they have a special longer throw so if you put a different cable on the boat it won't steer as well because the rudder won't have enough travel
SNobsessed View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SNobsessed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-24-2017 at 12:49pm
No good work around, just pay the piper & get the right part.
“Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.”

Ben Franklin
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-24-2017 at 1:49pm
Sam,
There are members who went cheap and reported back that the results were not good.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
joshjanae View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote joshjanae Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-24-2017 at 3:25pm
Buy from nautiqueparts and use the discount code: PND
fgroce View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fgroce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-24-2017 at 8:00pm
I agree go with the proper part, my dad tried a cable he was told would work and ended up changing out out for the proper cable.
FGroce
88 Ski Nautique
For 28 years
Now 2002 Ski Nautique
throttle out View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote throttle out Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-25-2017 at 9:15am
The right part it is!!!
Thanks for clearing the air fellas. This is why this is my favorite site for all things Correct Craft!!

1989 Ski Nautique 2001 351 PCM w/ 1-1.23
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic