Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Did something stupid!  Need raw water pump housing
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Did something stupid! Need raw water pump housing

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Brktracer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brktracer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Did something stupid! Need raw water pump housing
    Posted: April-29-2017 at 1:17pm
I did something stupid with the press and messed up my housing a little when replacing bearings and the mechanical seal.

I can ride this weekend but I'd like to fix it right rather than worry about breaking down in the future. This is a big lake, lol!

If you have an old pump or housing lying around that you don't need, please let me know. I'm happy to buy it. I'd rather not pay $400 for a new one. It's a Sherwood G21. I just need a rebuildable core.

Thanks!

Matt   
lharley View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lharley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-29-2017 at 1:22pm
Matt,

I have my old Sherwood G21 housing in my shop. I am going over this afternoon and will get it. I will send you a pic to see if you want it.
Brktracer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brktracer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-29-2017 at 11:03pm
That sounds great! Thanks!

We were able to ride today and it worked fine. I just don't like having to worry about it.
lharley View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lharley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-29-2017 at 11:26pm
I cant find it. I will have to wait till my 14 year old gets home. He knows where I put everything. I will keep you posted.
storm34 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote storm34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-30-2017 at 12:28pm
I have one in a box somewhere. Let me look tomorrow when I get over to the shop.
Duane in Indy View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Duane in Indy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-30-2017 at 12:43pm
Chances are good that your old one is fixable. What extent is the damage?? Can't be as bad as mine was if you are still using it.   Don't pitch it.

Keep it as original as YOU want it
        1978 Mustang (modified)
Brktracer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brktracer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-01-2017 at 11:39am
That machined housing is a work of art! Great job!

I have a small lathe 12X36 and a bench top mill. To make that on manual machines probably isn't a good use of my time. I'd rather be riding! I did consider it as an option though.

I assume it is aluminum? Would be much easier to machine.

Matt

Brktracer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brktracer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-01-2017 at 11:42am
Thanks again Iharley and storm34. Let me know if you come up with anything.

Matt
lharley View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lharley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-02-2017 at 11:58am
Matt,

I have been over my shop twice looking for that housing and can't find it anywhere. I would have bet anything I would have kept it after I replaced it but my 14 yo assured me I threw it out. Sorry.If I run across it I will let you know. Good luck !
Blamey View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blamey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-02-2017 at 2:46pm
I have one. Not sure of the condition but I am happy to ship it to you if you pay for shipping.
96 Super Sport
Previously: 95 Sport Nautique, 1980 Ski Supreme
Brktracer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brktracer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-03-2017 at 1:13am
Originally posted by lharley lharley wrote:

Matt,

I have been over my shop twice looking for that housing and can't find it anywhere. I would have bet anything I would have kept it after I replaced it but my 14 yo assured me I threw it out. Sorry.If I run across it I will let you know. Good luck !

Thanks so much for looking!
Brktracer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brktracer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-03-2017 at 1:15am
Originally posted by Blamey Blamey wrote:

I have one. Not sure of the condition but I am happy to ship it to you if you pay for shipping.

That sounds great!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic