NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Help Noob Determine Interceptor Engine Size

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <123
Author
skutsch View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skutsch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-11-2017 at 1:29am
Great lookin boat. Love the color. THANK the lord it is not a Gen 1...
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-11-2017 at 2:25am
Originally posted by vandykd3 vandykd3 wrote:

Originally posted by Gary S Gary S wrote:

I'm on my phone and have fat fingers

Originally posted by KENO KENO wrote:

I don't even try it on the phone unless I really have no other choice

You're good

You know, you could activate the microphone that's on your keyboard and simply speak your replies. Of course, be sure to proof read!

oh boy...you can talk to your computer and it will do what you want it to?

no more f12 for this guy!

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
vandykd3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vandykd3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-11-2017 at 9:36am

And a gratuitous picture of my Mustang-

[/QUOTE]

Gary, your 'Stang is gorgeous! I am now inspired to someday restore mine to a (hopefully) similar glory... with a sweet tower on it, though    Let's just hope it doesn't take ten years to start like it did Pete

Pete, thanks for the info and I'll definitely be checking that out after I get the engine tuned up. I'm so excited to work on it. Too bad I'll have to spend this Sunday with my mom   I can only hope the stringers are good, but with the condition the boats in, I'm a little concerned. Oh well, one thing at a time, I guess.

By the way, are boats "shes"? Are you supposed to name yours?    

skutsch View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skutsch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-11-2017 at 10:01am

By the way, are boats "shes"? Are you supposed to name yours?    

I believe that to be the general rule/guideline. Unless it is a ship of war - they always seem to be named for men. I guess a lot of cargo ships too, so maybe not, all though even boats named after men are still referred to "She." You're right it is pretty confusing...
fanofccfan View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fanofccfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-11-2017 at 11:59am
That shade of green when wet sanded and buffed out will be way cool. Enjoy the process of restoration. But be careful.....it may start to consume you and you will want more and more and more!
vandykd3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vandykd3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-11-2017 at 1:24pm
Originally posted by skutsch skutsch wrote:

Great lookin boat. Love the color. THANK the lord it is not a Gen 1...
Originally posted by fanofccfan fanofccfan wrote:

That shade of green when wet sanded and buffed out will be way cool. Enjoy the process of restoration. But be careful.....it may start to consume you and you will want more and more and more!

Thanks and I agree. To clarify, these boats are made of wood and fiberglass, right? So the sides are paint on fiberglass? How about the white top? I used to refinish cars so I've got a 7"/9" buffing/grinding wheel and an orbital polisher to sic on it. Not familiar with wet sanding, but I'm only a YouTube education away from feeling trained It's way more fun to day dream about cosmetics because after I read the threads on stringers, I'm ***************g scared!
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-11-2017 at 1:33pm

To clarify, these boats are made of wood and fiberglass, right? So the sides are paint on fiberglass? How about the white top? I used to refinish cars so I've got a 7"/9" buffing/grinding wheel and an orbital polisher to sic on it. Not familiar with wet sanding, but I'm only a YouTube education away from feeling trained It's way more fun to day dream about cosmetics because after I read the threads on stringers, I'm ***************g scared!

Fiberglass hull. The only wood is in the framework in the bottom of the hull, i.e. the stringers and associated framework, Footboard and in your case, front seat frames (maybe?) are wood. If the boat has not been messed with, there is no paint. The hull and deck are gel coat on fiberglass. Looks to be factory colors so I would say it is still the original gel coat.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <123
  Share Topic