NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

New Nautique owner

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
Author
63 Skier View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 63 Skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-04-2017 at 12:18am
Love that color scheme! Congrats!

I assume it has a 351? Just wondering if some of the rarity could be a 454 in a Ski?
'63 American Skier - '98 Sport Nautique
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-04-2017 at 9:33am
Originally posted by Donald80SN Donald80SN wrote:

Originally posted by sdwatt sdwatt wrote:

Very excited to get this girl all wet.!!!! .

That is what Quinner tells the father's of his dates when he meets them at the front door of their homes.

Donald,
I'd have to say that the girls CQ dates don't live at home and may not even have their fathers around anymore! (FYI, I don't feel there's anything wrong with older women.)

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
sdwatt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sdwatt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-04-2017 at 11:05am
sdwatt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sdwatt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-04-2017 at 11:07am
sdwatt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sdwatt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-04-2017 at 11:12am
After the 1100 km journey yesterday, The girl is now home.
Only needed two new tires installed after blowouts. took my 12-hour journey to 18 hours.
Got home very late, and then proceeded to rip the tarp upon install. Kicking myself on that one I tell ya.
Now I need a new tarp. Any suggestions?
Expensive mistake, I suspect it was old and very weak. Or I was an idiot....
Oh, Yah, that would be the world's largest Pysanka in the background. Can't drive by that without a photo.
63 Skier View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 63 Skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-04-2017 at 11:23am
Well I had to look up what a Pysanka was, now I know. In the first picture it looked like it was hovering over your boat.

Glad the blowouts didn't cause any bad situations. Now the fun begins!
'63 American Skier - '98 Sport Nautique
sdwatt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sdwatt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-04-2017 at 11:33am
We have a lot of free time on our hands in Alberta. Check out the atlas of Obscura on the man-made wonders of Alberta.
http://www.atlasobscura.com/places/vegreville-pysanka
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-04-2017 at 11:34am

Got home very late, and then proceeded to rip the tarp upon install. Kicking myself on that one I tell ya.
Now I need a new tarp. Any suggestions?
Expensive mistake, I suspect it was old and very weak. Or I was an idiot....

Was the tarp made to be towable? Very few are and as many have found out, a tarp that isn't for towing flops around on the boat and does more damage than good.

Call Angola canvas

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
sdwatt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sdwatt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-04-2017 at 11:37am
I actually ripped it putting it on when I got home. Doing it in the dark and tired. And the tarp could cover an elephant. Couldn't find the front, etc..Should have waited....
sdwatt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sdwatt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-05-2017 at 12:29pm
So I am taking the boat into Shalom park, aka Matrix Marine,aka Ken Nelson
It has been 31 years since this boat has been back to where it started
Ken is going to install a proper glass wind screen for me and toss the hazed plexiglass screen into the dumpster.
Then she gets fitted for a new cover.
Lots of work to do getting her running again.
All drain plugs are missing so I will need those. Fuel needs to be drained as it is very very skank. Two new batteries are on the list also.
I am not sure if I can even bring back the black hull to it's intended glory. The hull has not been polished in 20 years. Oil needs to be changed, and then naturally everything else that can and will surprise me. Ice should be off the lake in three weeks. Here's hoping...

here is a link to Shalom Park. what an amazing facility:
http://www.shalompark.com/
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-05-2017 at 1:11pm
Mr Ram looks to have a saggy stern
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-05-2017 at 1:11pm

I am not sure if I can even bring back the black hull to it's intended glory. The hull has not been polished in 20 years. ...

20 years is nothing! Members have brought back 50 year glass better than it looked from the factory. A good wet sand and buff will do it. NO PAINTING!!!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
n7narcosis View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote n7narcosis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-05-2017 at 1:31pm
Congratulations (from a former Albertan) on the new boat - I really like the colours!

The hull of my martinique was heavily oxidized. sanding with 600, 800 then 1500 finishing with 3M heavy duty compound brought it back; you'll be surprised whats hidden under that oxidization!

1989 Correct Craft Martinique CB --- 351W
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-05-2017 at 1:44pm
I am just one of the poster child's of sand and buff. Click on my avatar to see the before pictures of mine.
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-05-2017 at 11:17pm
Originally posted by Donald80SN Donald80SN wrote:

Very excited to get this girl all wet.!!!! .

That is what Quinner tells the father's of his dates when he meets them at the front door of their homes.

beat me to the punch Cousin Donald!

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
  Share Topic