Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Bad ECM

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <123
Author
Ski-Naut View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ski-Naut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-10-2017 at 9:09am
This is what is in my '96' GT40

Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-10-2017 at 12:11am
Here is what else I found out - 300m must be the latest software tune for GT 40 the '97's at least used the E 290. It would be interesting to know Nick what the numbers were on your original ECM . Can you check and maybe post a picture?
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-09-2017 at 5:02pm
It's the model # on the GT40 computer

69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
Ski-Naut View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ski-Naut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-09-2017 at 4:30pm
What is a 300-m
Ski-Naut View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ski-Naut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-09-2017 at 3:53pm
Thanks for the Info.... I will try Planetnautique and I will let you know what happens..
Fl Inboards View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fl Inboards Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-09-2017 at 3:52pm
I have a known good running 300-m on the shelf. Just used it to test another gt engine. I will sell it but I will not give it away.
$900 I will ship it to ya!
Or try E-bay and ski-it-again.com

Not a lot of people know this but Volvo Penta also utilized the GT-40 engine for a number of years.
An example from e-bay yes it is for a 5.0/302 but I have seen ECM's for the 5.8 on E-bay also!
http://www.ebay.com/itm/OMC-VOLVO-PENTA-5-0Fi-OMC-FORD-5-0-Litre-EFI-MODULE-3854889-3854542-3854892-
Hobby Boats can be expensive when the hobbyist is limited on their own skill and expertise.

1993 Shamrock "fat" 20. 2008 Nautique 196 5.0
63 Skier View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 63 Skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-09-2017 at 3:44pm
Gary beat me to it, the thread on PN seems to be the most promising fix for a bad GT-40 ECM that I've seen.

I'm really surprised that any parts house sold you an ECM, it's known that there are none on shelves and that PCM isn't able to make or support any at this time. You may also be able to find one on Ebay, they are certainly getting scarce.
'63 American Skier - '98 Sport Nautique
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-09-2017 at 3:22pm
Try this link here- Planetnautique If you go this route be sure to post back here and let us know
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
Ski-Naut View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ski-Naut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-09-2017 at 3:14pm
I have a 1996 Super Sport Nautique with a 351 GT40 Engine. I have a bad ECM, ( Electronic Control Module) does anyone know if it can be repaired? I purchase a new one from NautiqueParts.com that wasn't any good. I had my PCM Dealer talk direct to PCM and they told him that Nautiiquepart.com should have never sold the ECM because they have not found a good ECM yet......I tried a ECM out of a '92' Ford Econo Van and the engine starts and runs for about a minute then starts to choke and puke, so I know the original ECM is the problem. Can anyone help.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <123
  Share Topic