Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

2005 air 210

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
steviemac View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steviemac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 2005 air 210
    Posted: May-21-2017 at 6:45pm
Ok I'm new to this forum and new to the wake boat society , 2005 air 210 port and starboard ballasts as well as belly ballast , bell ballast stay empty after emptying but the starboard and port keep filling after emptying could someone pls walk me through the steps with these ballast , just want to cruise and the two tanks fill up and the boat starts to hop how can I stop the tanks from filling when not wakeboarding Thxs Steve
Fl Inboards View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fl Inboards Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-21-2017 at 8:03pm
shut the valves..
Hobby Boats can be expensive when the hobbyist is limited on their own skill and expertise.

1993 Shamrock "fat" 20. 2008 Nautique 196 5.0
steviemac View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steviemac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-21-2017 at 10:07pm
So that's it shut the valves ! So why does the belly ballast close automatically ?
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-22-2017 at 11:39am
Do you have the helm control valves under the dash?? Closing those should stop the water flow however that does not always work. The only sure way to stop water flow is by closing the hull intake valves, likely have blue handles on them in the bilge area.
Donald80SN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donald80SN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-23-2017 at 12:47am
There is a lot of information on Planet Nautique .com on this subject. Jeff who owns the site did a write up several years ago, I believe it is under the do it yourself area on the forum where he replaced the factory ballast valves and such with a more heavy duty industrial version. There is a lot of info over there on your issue.

We at Correct Craft Fan are glad to help you but the Planet Nautique site has a large surfing and boarding following when compared to Correct Craft Fan. This group is made up of skiers with a few Pro Tubers thrown in to cause trouble and mess up the butter.

1980 Ski Nautique SOLD Back to Cypress Gardens
2002 Sport Nautique, GT-40, FCT2, Cover Sports, Tower Bimini, Inc., Wet Sounds Audio System, Star Gazer Wake Edition S.
1968 Ski Nautique, Project.
steviemac View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steviemac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-25-2017 at 10:08pm
No helm valves just the blue shut offs in the engine compartment
Was wondering why they do not have one for the belly ?
So we looked at Jeffs site and I think I will go with the Asco red hat valves any thought on them ? Thxs Steve
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic