NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Badin Lake 2017

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12345>
Author
fjroma View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fjroma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-07-2017 at 9:51pm
Just wanted to say thank y"all for today - Tom, Carol, and I had a great time meeting everyone, eating, and going for a boat ride (despite the rain). Next year we need to get there earlier and spend more time on the water. Hope you get some glass-like conditions tomorrow for footing, slalom, or whatever. Take care and safe travels. Frank
2020 GS20
2005 206 (sold)
1989 2001 (sold)
1980 SN (sold)
tryathlete View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tryathlete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-08-2017 at 10:10pm
Looking forward to all the pictures and videos (we can always count on Videos from the master).
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-09-2017 at 1:01pm
Originally posted by tryathlete tryathlete wrote:

Looking forward to all the pictures and videos (we can always count on Videos from the master).

Peter,
It sure is quiet from that side of the country! Guess they are testing our patience!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-09-2017 at 1:41pm
IAughtNaut View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IAughtNaut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-09-2017 at 1:49pm
Awesome time as usual with great folks and great boats.

Here are a few videos of me and Scott making double runs.
EDIT- here are a few videos of me crashing violently while Scott skis.

The pickup here is a bit hot

Then we started on a curve and I stood up way too soon (bet you guys never thought I would say that)

Just a mess

Finally some success

Can't wait to do it again. Hope to see you all soon.
bring the ruckus
2000 Pro Air
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-09-2017 at 2:30pm

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Donald80SN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donald80SN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-09-2017 at 3:54pm
Special thanks to Greg, Sue and Buddy for once again hosting a great event. Natalie and I had a blast. It was also great to get to know more folks from the site.
1980 Ski Nautique SOLD Back to Cypress Gardens
2002 Sport Nautique, GT-40, FCT2, Cover Sports, Tower Bimini, Inc., Wet Sounds Audio System, Star Gazer Wake Edition S.
1968 Ski Nautique, Project.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donald80SN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-09-2017 at 3:56pm

Here is a photo from Friday. The weather was 86 and sunny with the water temp in the upper 70's. It was a great day to be on the water with some CCFAN. Half of Badin Lake is in the National Forest and it is just beautiful.
2002 Sport Nautique, GT-40, FCT2, Cover Sports, Tower Bimini, Inc., Wet Sounds Audio System, Star Gazer Wake Edition S.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donald80SN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-09-2017 at 4:00pm

These photo's are from Saturday mid day. You can see JoeinNY taking a run in the air chair. There is Greg's 206 coming back in from making some barefoot runs. You can see Quinner and JBear there on the back of Scott's beautiful Barefoot boat. You can also see Steve's and Val's Barefoot Vee Drive Big Block boat. Tim is sitting in his beautiful green Mustang and Sara is in her Gold Skier with her Wedding Motor running at 100%. Some get China for a wedding, CCFANers get a newly assembled motor with performance upgrades.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donald80SN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-09-2017 at 4:10pm

Here is Natalie going old school and getting a pull from David's and Jesse's beautiful Yellow Ski Tique with freshly installed Holly Carb.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donald80SN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-09-2017 at 4:14pm

This was Sunday, and Joe trick skiing behind his bad to bone sounding Wildcat with Sara at the wheel.   This boat has a cool forward swivel (Push Out) Windshield.
Air206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Air206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-09-2017 at 4:43pm
Great time as always!

Sue is a terrific host (when Greg gets out of her way).... and is amazing how she tolerates the influx of people, boats, and dogs (and all that goes with each of them). It is a great time skiing together when the sun is out and hanging together during the liquid sunshine.

Meeting newbies and longtime CCFAN.com lurkers adds to the fun. Terrific meeting Frank, Carol and Tom and we hope to see you at more reunions........take out the Barefooter whenever you want!

The barefooters had strength in numbers but we also had trick and slalom runs, Air Chair and even Val on the wakeboard....... good food, good drinks, carb clinics and college football!
81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-09-2017 at 5:03pm
Great photos and video gang, Sure looks like it was a great time and we sure missed not seeing everyone. One of these days the stars will align and we will make it back down there.
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-09-2017 at 5:37pm
Originally posted by Air206 Air206 wrote:

Sue is a terrific host (when Greg gets out of her way

....and doesnt take over the kitchen table for a carb rebuild.

samudj01 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote samudj01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-09-2017 at 6:55pm
What a great weekend. Thanks to Greg and Sue for being the awesome hosts they are. It was good to meet many new friends...many of whom I have read posts from for years. A special thanks to Zach and Tim for helping Jesse and me switch out our carb and gas line to an original Holley (thanks Jerry!) and listen to a couple (of hundred) questions.
78 Ski Tique, 72 Skier w/302's, 93 SN w/351 & 17 GS22 w/zr409
Previous - 99 Sport Nautique w/GT40 and 87 Martinique w/351
SWANY View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SWANY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-10-2017 at 12:10am
Chicago boys home safe and sound. I roughly figured we have about 30-32hrs of traveling to get there and back. Hands down one of the best gatherings I've been able to attend and worth all that traveling. Everyone comments on Greg and Sue's hospitality, it was truly top notch. Thank you to all for making us feel welcomed.
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-10-2017 at 1:10am
My truck pulled in Running on Fumes at about 10:40. Had a great time at Greg and Sue's we can't say it enough about how awesome it is for them to open up their home to us . we had great weather for the most part, or at least great water for skiing. Had a lot of great food, and some great conversations. Hope to see you all again real soon!
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-10-2017 at 1:38am
Originally posted by Donald80SN Donald80SN wrote:

I just saw the weather forecasted for next weekend. Saturday 84, Sunday 81 with lows in the high 60's with zero chance of rain.

not sure where Cousin Donald got this report.....

It was a 12 hour drive from Central Florida....and worth every single turn of the wheel. Beautiful setting. Incredable hosts. Great crowd of C/CFans. Awesome food.

I have a number of pictures but cant figure out how to get them off the phone and on here. Guess I will have to bother Larry Hineline again for help.

somehow I missed gun-driver....

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
northcoastidol View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote northcoastidol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-10-2017 at 7:47am
Another Big Thanks to Greg and Sue for opening up their home and hosting once again at Badin ( on their anniversary ) good people, good food, good times cold beverages! cool boats, calm water most of the weekend. it was all good! I just hope I don't wear out my welcome with them
Always be ready for a run, the water does not wait for you!
NCH20SKIER View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NCH20SKIER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-10-2017 at 8:30am

'05 206 Limited
'88 BFN
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NCH20SKIER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-10-2017 at 8:38am
'05 206 Limited
'88 BFN
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donald80SN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-10-2017 at 11:45am
Originally posted by jbear jbear wrote:

Originally posted by Donald80SN Donald80SN wrote:

I just saw the weather forecasted for next weekend. Saturday 84, Sunday 81 with lows in the high 60's with zero chance of rain.

not sure where Cousin Donald got this report.....

jbear,

This was the forecast before Nate decided to show up. LOL !!!!

It was great to see you and your brother Bill again.

Donald
gun-driver View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gun-driver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-10-2017 at 12:02pm
Jbear I was MIA again and I'm not real happy about it.
To many things popped up last minute as the weekend got closer and it got to the point where I was running around like a crazy.
I promise I will make one of these great Badin weekends yet.   
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NCH20SKIER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-10-2017 at 3:24pm
I will need to try the pictures from a desktop later this week.

So by my count I have come up with names of 39 human attendees and 4 canine attendees. A solid turnout for sure.

Where are Morfoot’s pictures?
'05 206 Limited
'88 BFN
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-10-2017 at 4:06pm
Originally posted by NCH20SKIER NCH20SKIER wrote:

Tim's still in his editing room!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NCH20SKIER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-10-2017 at 5:23pm
The '85

Breakfast by the fire

Evening Social by the fire while others watch college football or the tribe

Steve and Val
'05 206 Limited
'88 BFN
illiniball2000 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote illiniball2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-10-2017 at 10:50pm
Great weekend! It was nice to put some faces with names.
Greg and Sue go above and beyond to make everyone feel at home.
Many thanks.
Hope everyone made it home without issue.
We managed to take CQ all the way back to Chicago.
Joel even gave his cooler back.

Sorry to those that had to hear the buzzsaw!
Beer is my friend
87 Dominique
Had 67 Starflite
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-11-2017 at 10:33am
Originally posted by 8122pbrainard 8122pbrainard wrote:

Originally posted by NCH20SKIER NCH20SKIER wrote:

Tim's still in his editing room!

Morfoot has been playing for 4 days with his ski buds so he's back at work, playing catchup round the house, laundry and hasn't had a chance to find a photobucket replacement. Finally looked at the pictures this morning and there are some good ones.

Patience is a Virtue!!!!

Thanks to all for yet another great weekend with the best Ski/Boat Buds & Babes there is. Greg and Susan thanks for opening your home to this bunch of CCFans and putting up with us for a few days. The garage is a nice quiet place to crash except for the Air compressor that kicks on at 3 am and the smell of a Carburator rebuild in your bedroom. Was another epic Mini despite Rain again and March is a long time to wait until the CCFamily gets together again.
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
phatsat67 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatsat67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-11-2017 at 10:44am
Thanks to Greg and Sue for their fantastic hospitality and beautiful place. Also thanks to David for the use of his fantastic crash pad and letting me buzz the tique around all weekend ! Great time down there and great water despite the stray showers !
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-11-2017 at 10:46am
Originally posted by Morfoot Morfoot wrote:

March is a long time to wait until the CCFamily gets together again.

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12345>
  Share Topic