NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Needed: Rudder for Dunphy X55

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
MourningWood View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MourningWood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Needed: Rudder for Dunphy X55
    Posted: June-16-2017 at 1:18am
Know there's a couple X55 guys here....any of you have a rudder, or can point me in that direction.....thanks.
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-16-2017 at 6:58am
Brian,
I'm going to have to get down to the boat house and measure. I honestly don't know what they used!! It's still up out of the water on the beams so I can easily get some dimensions. What's up with yours? Do you still have it? If so, can it be repaired?

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MourningWood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-21-2017 at 8:53pm
Yes, still needing rudder for the Dunphy.
I doubt it's Dunphy-specific, although a replacement is proving elusive.
The 1" dia. post (or stem) is 11 1/2" long from top of blade to top of post.
Nautiqeparts.com has a 27A rudder for older Correct Crafts, but they don't specify the post length.
No boating until sourced, so any help here at all greatly appreciated. Thanks, Brian
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-22-2017 at 8:05am
Brian,
Sorry I haven't gotten you some dimensions yet. My older mind actually forgot! I've got a couple days off so I should be able to take a look . I had asked what's up with your rudder and if you still have it and you didn't respond If you don't have it, where did you come up with the dimensions especially the length of the rudders shaft. Measuring through the log? Have you looked at the Buck Algonquin's?

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MourningWood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-22-2017 at 12:48pm
Thanks, Pete.
I do still have it, bent, with the post breaking out of the blade. A sort of compound fracture.
Also, the "local" prop shop said the casting has too much porosity around the damaged area, preventing repair.
It is roughly an early Ski Tique blade size/post dia., (27A), but I don't know the Tique's post length.
Thx. again
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic