Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

79 Mustang lean as a bean

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
Author
KooK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KooK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-07-2017 at 5:53pm
I threw on some Mr. Gasket carb gaskets, those things are probably 5x thicker. Couldn't get the engine below 1500rpm without stalling. Toss on my paper thin Holley gaskets and the sucker idles at 650 with no problem. Spraying around with starting fluid, no leaks on the Holley gaskets. Weirdest thing because I figured the Holley gaskets were junk compared to Mr. Gasket stuff.

Side note, I can't get below an 18in-mg. I still feel like I have a small intake leak but I can't find the damn thing, I'll look at it again later.
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-07-2017 at 6:00pm
Did you change the gasket under the intake spacer (between spacer and intake)

Sometimes those have a nasty habit of leaking if they're not wide enough.

My guess would be that the Holley were big enough and the Mr Gasket aren't big enough to seal right.

Look at the underside of the spacer to see what I mean, there's not a lot of sealing area.
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-07-2017 at 6:07pm
Originally posted by KooK KooK wrote:

Weirdest thing because I figured the Holley gaskets were junk compared to Mr. Gasket stuff.

Any idea who makes Mr Gasket brand or vice versa   
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-07-2017 at 6:08pm
Here's a picture of what the bottom of your spacer might look like.

You need just the right gasket to seal it to the manifold, some aren't quite wide enough like I mentioned above.

KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-07-2017 at 6:10pm
Originally posted by Gary S Gary S wrote:

Originally posted by KooK KooK wrote:

Weirdest thing because I figured the Holley gaskets were junk compared to Mr. Gasket stuff.

Any idea who makes Mr Gasket brand or vice versa   

I know

But i'm not telling Kook
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-07-2017 at 6:10pm
On PCM's I have never found an aftermarket gasket that would fit between the intake and spacer always had to use the oem ones
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-07-2017 at 6:12pm
I be speechless if you didn't
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-07-2017 at 6:15pm
Sometimes I hack out my own with plenty of overhang or I've also used a 1/8 spacer plate
between the manifold and spacer that gives a lot more sealing area.

It made by Mr Holley Gasket
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-07-2017 at 6:34pm
Looks like this.

Seals much easier against the 1 inch spacer than the intake manifold does and stops that annoying vacuum leak

KooK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KooK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-07-2017 at 10:10pm
The heck, has Holley always owned Mr. Gasket?
KooK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KooK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-07-2017 at 10:19pm
http://www.blowerdriveservice.com/store/289302-ford-671-manifold-p-843.html

Maybe I should just cut the doghouse and throw on a 6-71 with a bird catcher.   
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-12-2017 at 3:44pm
Kook

Where are you?

Is that thing tweaked to perfection yet?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
  Share Topic