Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Carb Help

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
wsavini View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wsavini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Carb Help
    Posted: July-04-2017 at 8:05pm
Hi all, I just recently bought a 65 CC mustang with a 165 Hp ford. need to rebuild carb but have no clue what to ask for. Does anyone know what kind of carb I have on this boat? need to order rebuild kit. don't see any markings on carb. Ty Have pics but need to figure out how to post.
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-04-2017 at 8:31pm
Get the carb list # off the horn. It's under the flame arrestor. Post a picture too. Use the "post reply" and not the quick found at the bottom of each thread. Click the icon of the tree with the up arrow. A brose box will pop up.

BTW, I thought you were selling something!!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-04-2017 at 9:07pm
Well if it's an original carb to the boat it could be either a 2bbl or 4bbl Autolite,pictures sure will help. Years ago NAPA had a rebuild kit for mine
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
wsavini View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wsavini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-04-2017 at 9:24pm
It's a 2 barrel with a manufacturing date of 2-18-63. So I would say its original. I have pics but can't figure out how to post.
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-04-2017 at 9:26pm
like this one ?-

69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-04-2017 at 9:31pm
Originally posted by wsavini wsavini wrote:

I have pics but can't figure out how to post.

Wayne,
You must have missed this a couple posts back??
Originally posted by 8122pbrainard 8122pbrainard wrote:

Post a picture too. Use the "post reply" and not the quick found at the bottom of each thread. Click the icon of the tree with the up arrow. A brose box will pop up.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
wsavini View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wsavini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-04-2017 at 9:34pm
Yes, my email is wsavini@gmail.com if you email me I'll replying with the picks. Ty
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-04-2017 at 9:37pm
Originally posted by wsavini wsavini wrote:

Yes, my email is wsavini@gmail.com if you email me I'll replying with the picks. Ty

Gary and my email addresses are in out profiles.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
wsavini View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wsavini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-04-2017 at 10:59pm
Yes that looks like the one.
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-05-2017 at 12:20am
It's a Ford Autolite 2100. Autolite was Fords Parts division sort of like AC Delco is to GM or modern Fords to Motorcraft. They got in trouble with the Feds at one time and had to sell it off. They then started Motorcraft. Here is a link for parts I found just surfing,I have no experence with them or their products. Carb parts link
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-05-2017 at 8:45am
If you're at a total loss for a carb number, take the numbers from the tag in this photo from a thread here on CCF a couple months ago and use them to order a carb kit

It'll probably get you all the parts you need

Here's a link to the old thread, he had a 165 hp Interceptor and Autolite 2 barrel

link
wsavini View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wsavini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-07-2017 at 12:08pm
Ok Everyone, Thank you all for your help on the carb. Because of the direction of all of you i went to NAPA with the info and numbers and was able to find a carb kit. Ty Still can't figure out the posting of pictures. lol

I am going to start a new discussion under the proper text, (Not parts for sale) about a 1986 Ski Nautique I'm having trouble with. So keep your eyes open for that. Again TY
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic