Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

1976 Ski Nautique Restoration Project

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
Author
robdubbleu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robdubbleu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-11-2017 at 1:49pm
Thanks for all the info, guys! Keep it coming!

I have already contacted Holley and determined that rebuild kit 703-29 is correct for my carb (List - 50463)

I'm going to order the kit, as well as a solid metal fuel line. Then I just need to find somebody who knows what they're doing to rebuild it, or help me do it.
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-11-2017 at 9:46am
Originally posted by KENO KENO wrote:

Looks like they also put on the rubber rub rail with a rope insert that didn't show up till after 76.

Ken,
I thought the rubber/rope came in 78 but I certainly could be wrong. My 77 has the old aluminum J.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-11-2017 at 9:42am
Looks like they also put on the rubber rub rail with a rope insert that didn't show up till after 76. At least mine didn't have one when it was new and I got the rubber one a few years later
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-11-2017 at 9:27am

Your carburetor pictures tell me a few things about your carburetor

One is that the 4 bowl plugs, 2 on each bowl have been epoxied over, probably because they leaked at some point. Or at least the 2 top ones that are visible have been epoxied.

In this link to an old thread you can see what the plugs look like. There's an O ring that goes bad and plenty of people have epoxied them with good results.

It also looks like a later carburetor than what came on the 76 PCM's based on where the fuel pump overflow line taps into the carburetor and also the non externally adjustable float bowls that came along in later years.

None of these are bad things by the way. Kinda tells me they did some maintenance and replaced some parts to keep it running good

If you're looking for a rebuild kit for the carburetor, find the list number on the air horn to help you get the right kit. Here's a picture of where to find it
[/QUOTE]

TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-11-2017 at 7:38am
That is not a commander conversion... it looks genuine pcm right down to the decal on the flame arrestor.

Gary, Waukesha became pcm and were available as early as '72.
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-11-2017 at 7:07am
Rob,
The metal line from Skidim works although there may be some slight tweaking needed on the bends.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robdubbleu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-11-2017 at 2:50am
Originally posted by Gary S Gary S wrote:

I was just guessing, I would have thought it was a Commander conversion back in those years. Commander was eventually bought up by PCM. Yes on that first metal line,thats what was on there originally,some where along the way someone cut some off and added the rubber hose.

I see. I'll definitely order a solid line. The top of the flame arrestor cover says Pleasurecraft on it, so I'm guessing it's PCM...? I don't really know anything about the Commander conversion
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-11-2017 at 2:34am
I was just guessing, I would have thought it was a Commander conversion back in those years. Commander was eventually bought up by PCM. Yes on that first metal line,thats what was on there originally,some where along the way someone cut some off and added the rubber hose.
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robdubbleu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-11-2017 at 1:53am
Originally posted by Gary S Gary S wrote:

Looks like a nice start for a great project. Being your Grandparents is icing on the cake.
Check out here the first one or the third one should work even though yours is not a PCM. You can go here to get 10% off too.

Thanks! What's on there now is a metal fuel line from the fuel pump which then connects to the rubber hose pictured above. I assume the first one in the list on skidim just replaces the whole thing with a metal fuel line?

You said mine isn't a PCM... do you mean the fuel hose in question is not PCM? Because the engine is.

Thanks!
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-11-2017 at 1:24am
Looks like a nice start for a great project. Being your Grandparents is icing on the cake.
Check out here the first one or the third one should work even though yours is not a PCM. You can go here to get 10% off too.
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robdubbleu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-11-2017 at 1:03am
Some of you helped me out in my thread about my 1974 SN where I was trying to get help with bringing the boat home (from my grandparents' place). Well turns out the boat is actually a '76. Thanks to some of you, I was able to purchase the correct hubs for the trailer, replace them, and put on new wheels and tires. Got it home with no problems. As I think I mentioned in my other thread, it's not running right now but I think the carburetor needs a cleaning or rebuild (and the olllld gas removed from it). Check it out...

One of the first things I would like to do while trying to get it running is replace this hose. Where's the best place to get it?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
  Share Topic