NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

taller pylon

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
dgabler View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dgabler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: taller pylon
    Posted: July-12-2017 at 6:35pm
Hi,

I wanted to add a 'skylon' style pylon to my 88 2001SN for the kids. RIght now I have a flight pipe setup with a removable pole from 'board/boat specialties inc in greenville SC' but they appear to be out of business. I need another 'ring' as well as a full nose strap. It appears that it would be cheaper to acquire a second hand skylon/10 foot pole but I don't know how that would work for installation with the 'bent' main ski pylon in the boat. (I assume a normal install is that the taller pylon is dropped directly over the main pylon but that wont work here...

Any suggestions besides don't do it? Much appreciated.
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-12-2017 at 6:53pm

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-12-2017 at 7:03pm
Ignore Pete.

You can use a normal slip over style extended pylon (skylon, fly high, etc) on the common bent cc style pylon with the ball topper (87.5+). The pylons do not extend to the floor so the bend is not a player.
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-12-2017 at 7:03pm
You can slide any of the common extended pylons (for a 2.5" pylon) right over the stock 88 pylon. It does not have a ring/finger Pete. Absolutely no need for the SDBM.

8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-12-2017 at 8:25pm
Kevin,
Thanks. Good to know.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-12-2017 at 10:37pm
I think you should buy another boat Pete, something from the 90's with a gt40 maybe. Then you'd experience a newer boat and have a different boat for each week the ice is out...
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-13-2017 at 3:36pm
What parts are missing from your flight pipe exactly?? You should have (2) brackets attached to a sleeve the pylon slips into, (1) bow strap and (1) ratchet strap + a set pin to keep the pylon from rotating.
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-13-2017 at 4:33pm
I would probably just get a used slip over set up if I was you but that being said I do have a flight pipe I would likely part out if you need a clamp or something relatively shippable.
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
dgabler View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dgabler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-13-2017 at 9:13pm
Thank you all.

Joe/Quinner I need the bottom bracket and bow strap.

I have the pole, top bracket w/pin and strap to ratchet.
Donald80SN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donald80SN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-15-2017 at 1:07am
I purchased a bow strap several years ago for my BI Fly High from Skylon, Inc. It worked great.
1980 Ski Nautique SOLD Back to Cypress Gardens
2002 Sport Nautique, GT-40, FCT2, Cover Sports, Tower Bimini, Inc., Wet Sounds Audio System, Star Gazer Wake Edition S.
1968 Ski Nautique, Project.
67 skylark View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 67 skylark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-15-2017 at 9:02am
Good morning Joe,
I may be interested in your flite pipe if you decide to part with it while. Shipping would probably be the showstopper.
Please let me know.
Keith
Keith McIntyre
1967 Skylark
Factory Buick 300 V-8
Mostly original
http://correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=3944&sort=&pagenum=1
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic