Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

'98 SNOB windshield

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
ut817c View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ut817c Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: '98 SNOB windshield
    Posted: July-14-2017 at 6:55pm
I'm looking for a walk through windshield for a 21' 1998 open bow Ski Nautique.

And leads would be greatly appreciated!
Dreaming View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dreaming Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-14-2017 at 8:21pm
Welcome to the forum!   your question has me asking a question of my own, it may affect the parts you get, so if you could clarify, hopefully it will help in finding what you need... here goes:

the 1998 SNOB (Ski Nautique) was 19'6", (20'9 with the platform)    The Sport/Air Nautique (also open bow) was 21' long.    Can you clarify which boat you have?    
reference section brocure (5 pages from the end)

Locally, we do not see the same turn over of parts boats as some of the other areas of the country, but I would definitely be following craigslist and eBay.   You might also check with Pacific Nautiques in Algona/Pacific.   Those guys might know of a parts boat that isn't advertised.
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-14-2017 at 8:28pm
Doubt the windshield is different anyway.

Lewy replaced a pane of his with plexiglass (acrylic) I believe. I just made a polycarbonate panel for a ski nautique.

Glass is sometimes hard to find and costly to ship. Consider a plastic alternative.
ut817c View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ut817c Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-15-2017 at 2:38am
Thanks for the warm welcome and the response! I honestly don't know about the length, the title says 21', so that's why I said that in my question. I just bought this and know very little about it. It needs some work but runs good. The current windshield is not factory and I'd like to replace it. Based on that page I have a sport nautique. I can't figure out how to load a picture from my phone, I can do the when I get to work on Monday.
ut817c View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ut817c Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-15-2017 at 2:40am
I drive pacific nautique e everyday on my way to work. I figured they would just try and sell me a brand new windshield. I'm looking for a good deal! Thanks for the reply. I'll stop by on Monday and ask them.
Dreaming View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dreaming Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-17-2017 at 1:39pm
UT- We are likely pretty close... Where do you boat? We're most commonly on Lake Tapps, but enjoy American lake as well.   I have heard that Lake Spanaway is really quite nice, but havent personally boated there.   On your windshield,   HW May be correct on the Sport/ski being the same, but if they are different, you should be aware going in.   Your hull ID number might help to decode which model you have, or a tape measure would help too.

One other thought...   Craigslist has had a 96SNOB for sale for the last month or so, the boat looks pretty rough in the interior department, and says that the motor was frozen and needs a rebuild.   I suspect that boat is worth about $1500, and would likely be a good candidate for parting out or as a donor

ut817c View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ut817c Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-17-2017 at 6:46pm
I was at Tapps on Friday! I love boating there. My in-laws have a cabin on Samammish so my boat basically stays there all year. Until a week ago we've had a 1989 Malibu (which is on CL now. We just upgraded to this '98 SNOB, which we bought from my wife's cousin. So I'm just trying to fix it up and learn as much as I can about it.

I've seen that '96 on CL, I actually emailed the guy to see if he would consider selling his windshield, I told him I would install my current windshield on his boat, but I never got a response. I'm not sure what boat my current windshield came from.

I would love to buy that boat and part it out, I just don't have space to store another boat, or the time to do it...
Dreaming View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dreaming Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-17-2017 at 8:01pm
NIce upgrade.    that looks to me like your boat is a sport, not a ski,   the windshield doesn't look different to me either I'm curious what is wrong with the one you have? I am guessing you don't have a walkthru?

Mr craigslist is probably having a hard time coming to grips with the fact that his boat with no motor and ratted out interior eat up 10k in value pretty quickly... I am sure there are other issues with it, too, but motor alone is a 3-4K expense, and interior is another 2500 if done correctly.   6700 is a REALLY high for that boat.. Give it til winter and try him again.   He might be tired of looking at it by then.... really unlikely he will have sold it, at least not for what he is asking.

ut817c View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ut817c Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-18-2017 at 12:55pm
I could have put a better picture of the windshield. I think it's supposed to have the rounded glass. You can tell where this windshield sits on the boat that it's not correct. Here's a better picture (this is last Friday at Tapps when we launched at Driftwood Point).

Do you think my boat would fit on the trailer in the CL add? My boat came with a trailer made for a ski-sanger. It works but it definitely was not made for my boat.
Dreaming View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dreaming Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-18-2017 at 2:00pm
I remember your boat coming up on craigslist a couple of years ago in auburn.   the trailer you have is for a v drive, so yes, you should probably be looking for a different one that fits your boat.   The DHM that is in the craigslist add is the same trailer I have, they are not particularly adjustable, so I would wonder if it would fit correctly. (19'6 vs 21 ft changes where the boat lands on the trailer.     I would suggest that the axles of the trailer should be pretty close to right under the engine to give you the proper tongue weight for towing.   It might be worth measuring with a tape measure if you feel the need to pursue this boat further.    

I see the windshield issue, I have to think that with the Sanger trailer and the funky windshield, someone may have rebuilt this boat at some point.    I would be keeping my eyes open for other non standard repairs.    not necessarily a bad deal, just worth keeping an eye out for so you can get them fixed correctly as you go.

Another thought for you is maybe to search salvaged boat auctions?   Might find both the trailer and a windshield on something that is otherwise cooked or hit a rock or something.

We usually launch at North Tapps park.   Right across from Tapps islan on the lakeland hills side.    I'll have to look up where driftwood is, but it can't be too far
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic