NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Ford 312 oil press. sender

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
MourningWood View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MourningWood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ford 312 oil press. sender
    Posted: July-25-2017 at 11:55am
Anyone running a Ford 312 Interceptor, where can I find the correct oil pressure sending unit?
(electric o.p gauge in a Dunphy). Thanks...
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-25-2017 at 7:38pm
Brian,
Do you know your sender is bad? Have you tested it and how? The reason I ask is they are pretty reliable plus I can honestly say I do not know the Ohm range Dunphy used for the S/W oil pressure gauge. I do know my S/W fuel gauge is unusual in that it's a 0 to 30 Ohm. I found out the hard way when I installed a new fuel sender. After the new sender and testing, I thought the gauge was bad so I took it to the late Pat Powell. He Ohm'd the gauge out and immediately informed me it was a 0 to 30!! Luckily some 50's Chevy's used the 0 to 30 so it wasn't that hard to find a new matching sender. New sender and the gauge works perfect!! Back to you pressure sender, if you haven't tested it, I suggest hooking it up to regulated air and then Ohm it out as you increase the air pressure.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
MourningWood View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MourningWood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-26-2017 at 4:50pm
Have not tested with multimeter. Doesn't leak, but shows low pressure (always has) even on fresh motor.
Will fit a mechanical test gauge and compare readings first.
Thx
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-27-2017 at 8:13am
Brian,
I did some searching on the S/W senders and gauges. All I found was the pretty standard 240 to 33 Ohm. range. S/W is reproducing the Green Line gauges that Dunphy used and they use the 240 to 33 but, maybe changes were made?? I also have an old S/W brochure from the 60's but it doesn't go into the specs on the Ohms. If you don't get good results from testing the sender you do have, taking the chance on getting a off the shelf generic 240 to 33 sender would be my choice. Keep in mind the sender is not a Ford part.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic