Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

89 Ski Nautique Listing

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
74SkiNautique View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 74SkiNautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 89 Ski Nautique Listing
    Posted: July-26-2017 at 1:03am
Hey everyone, Chris here.

I'm in upstate NY at my grandparents house. My Grandpa has a 1989 SN 2001. He bought it new in 1990. A couple things...

The boat lists to the starboard side. Both when empty, and when driving. (I know an empty boat, besides the driver, will list slightly due to driver weight) The list is clearly not normal because when I take all the gear out of the boat, it is still listing. My question is, what should I check? Are 89's known to have foam issues, or are they all going to have wet foam?

Any information helps. Thanks!!
74SkiNautique
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-26-2017 at 1:38am
Checking and fixing possibly wet foam are significantly different amounts of effort. Be prepared to tear up the floor at best or forget about it.
74SkiNautique View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 74SkiNautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-26-2017 at 1:14pm
Is soaked foam the most likely cause? There is talk that I might purchase this boat later this year or next year, If so I would be taking the floor up for sure.

Just curious, for those of you that have removed foam, how much weight in wet foam did you remove?
74SkiNautique
Duane in Indy View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Duane in Indy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-26-2017 at 1:17pm
Originally posted by 74SkiNautique 74SkiNautique wrote:

Just curious, for those of you that have removed foam, how much weight in wet foam did you remove?

Hundreds, maybe 3 to 4 hundred including flooring and stringers.
Huge job!!!
Keep it as original as YOU want it
        1978 Mustang (modified)
Lakeview View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lakeview Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-30-2017 at 6:31pm
I've removed 220 lbs + from a 16 ft mustang-dead weight huge job.
Lakeview
1992 Barefoot Nautique
1967 Barracuda SS
1967 Chris Craft Cavalier
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic