NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Velvet drive

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
Author
phatsat67 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatsat67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-08-2017 at 4:07pm
I have a spare BW I plan on rebuilding to learn that skill. I will also be diving inside of a leaking 1.23:1 this winter.

I was warned the front seal leak in my current BW was caused by excess pump tolerances. I ignored the bad pump notion and replaced the front seal. That was around 800-900 hours ago and the pump seal is still leak free. Trans has closer to 1800-1900 hours on it and it's one of the strongest well behaved BWs I've driven.

Fluid changed every year with non synthetic dex. Give a rebuild a whirl and see what happens
gun-driver View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gun-driver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-08-2017 at 5:38pm
Zach I have a 1.23:1 sitting in the garage that I was told when I bought it needed bearings but seller wasn't sure.
The plan was to test it in the '95 then if needed off to Eric's but maybe I'll just send it to you once you get checked out on yours
phatsat67 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatsat67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-08-2017 at 9:01pm
Ha, I think Joe would be your 1.23:1 guy. This one operates beautifully it just leaks all its fluid out when sitting stationary. I think the seal between the cases is probably bad. I picked up a spare a few weeks ago and I'm going to toss it in and see if it works.
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-10-2017 at 6:45pm
Originally posted by KENO KENO wrote:

By the way Pete
You have a package coming USPS if the post office people can find your house. Should be there Thursday
The address way up there in the Northwoods didn't come up in their computer .
Originally posted by KENO KENO wrote:

we'll call it an EI reversion kit or something like that so he can change his Tique back to points if he wants to.

Ken,
"Neither snow, nor rain, nor heat, nor gloom of night stays these courageous couriers from the swift completion of their appointed rounds"
Yup, the mailman found the post box and the care package made it! Now I don't have to worry when the "unreliable" EI conversion goes on me. An easy swap back to good old points and I be on my way! Thanks for the thought. It's appreciated.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
DrCC View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrCC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-10-2017 at 8:42pm
OMG,    Pete.    I absolutely adore your first sentence in your most recent post as seen above.
Keep it....from sinkin'
Jonny Quest View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jonny Quest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-10-2017 at 10:01pm
Originally posted by 8122pbrainard 8122pbrainard wrote:

"Neither snow, nor rain, nor heat, nor gloom of night stays these courageous couriers from the swift completion of their appointed rounds".

Yes, nothing says efficiency and cost competitiveness like the USPS...
Current
2003 Ski Nautique 206 Limited

Previous
2001 Ski Nautique Open Bow
1994 Ski Nautique Open Bow

Aqua skiing, ergo sum
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
  Share Topic