Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Ignition protection adjust

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
dualsport View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dualsport Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ignition protection adjust
    Posted: August-08-2017 at 5:40pm
Just bought a 2000 SN 196 on the left of the motor 5.8HO it has a device marked
ignition protection with an adjustment knob. I can't find any information about this, can you help me.
Dreaming View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dreaming Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-08-2017 at 5:45pm
ignition protected is not a device per se, it's usually a feature of the device.    things electronic or electric in nature are likely to be ignition protected so that they don't spark/arc and ignite bilge fumes
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-08-2017 at 5:52pm
If you post a good picture or 2 of this it shouldn't be too hard to solve this mystery.

I know nothing about perfect pass or any of those systems but I'll guess that's what you're looking at
dualsport View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dualsport Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-08-2017 at 6:38pm
I got that wrong its an ignition protected device? whatever that is

not sure if these will show images?
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-08-2017 at 6:58pm
I still know nothing about Perfect Pass, but I do know that that's what you're looking at.

That's the servo for the system.

If you're not sure what Perfect Pass is ,it's like cruise control for your boat

And................some people would say a marriage saver
dualsport View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dualsport Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-08-2017 at 7:00pm
Any info on how to adjust that knob? thanks
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-08-2017 at 7:01pm
Originally posted by dualsport dualsport wrote:

Any info on how to adjust that knob? thanks

You just take up slack in the cable if the servo motor doesn't.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-08-2017 at 7:10pm
If the PP is working correctly you do not need to adjust the knob ever.
dualsport View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dualsport Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-08-2017 at 9:38pm
thanks for the reply but I need a little more explanation, take up slack in what cable, is this visible to me and where is that?
thanks
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-08-2017 at 9:48pm
Forget what Pete said, you should never need to touch that knob. If somehow the throttle cable slacks up just cycle the ignition off, wait ten seconds and turn back on, servo should adjust accordingly and take up any slack that may exist.

Go to the Perfect Pass website, manuals should be available online there.
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-08-2017 at 9:51pm
When you turn the ignition on does the knob on the servo spin back and forth (clockwise-counterclockwise)??
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-08-2017 at 11:29pm
Originally posted by quinner quinner wrote:

Forget what Pete said, you should never need to touch that knob..

The knob is on there for a reason - it's just in case turning the ignition on doesn't take up the slack. But, do as CQ says and see what happens.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
rebel skier View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rebel skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-09-2017 at 2:56pm
Also, if your driver tries to over-ride it too much it will wind excessively and the next time you try to start the boat your usual throttle movement wont give it any gas, and you have have trouble starting or running. If this happens, untwist that knob, then just take the slack out.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic