NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Stock engines for '83 SN

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
Author
TedR View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TedR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-22-2017 at 5:52pm
Originally posted by cnelson0641 cnelson0641 wrote:

Well I ended up purchasing the boat! Talked with the seller and the stringers had been replaced and the engine was in good shape. After cruising around on it I can see why he wanted to upgrade to something a little more comfortable for his family - it doesn't exactly handle chop that well.

In any case - it fits my needs perfectly and I'm excited to join the ranks of CorrectCraft owners.

Congrats Chris! You will love it... Your new boat will break your heart at times (especially when it mysteriously stops working ), but with the 1000's of hours of experience available here on this website, you will have your Nautique up and running in no time!
76tique View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 76tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-22-2017 at 6:46pm
Chris, meant to say in my earlier post, congrats on the new boat! Great choice, you are going to love the 2001 for wakeboarding. Can't wait to see some pics! Bummer that someone took off the ring and finger, but it should make it easier to mount that extended pylon. I think the 3" will fit, but might want to see if someone comments with actual experience putting one on without the ring and finger.

Originally posted by bwinn bwinn wrote:

Sorry to thread jack, but.... Tom, With the SDBM I see yours is pretty high up the pole. I just installed one on my 85 SN and mounted lower and was wondering what ur thoughts on its heights are.

We never had any issues running it that high, my boat was pretty solid and we tried not to make a really hard cut until we were close to the wake. It's definitely possible to get a pretty major list going if you cut hard too early. But it never seemed to cause an issue with the boat, these boats are built to take some punishment! I think I also mounted it high to try and avoid potential vinyl damage on the motorbox. Pulling from that height enabled some serious air...
He who dies with the most toys, wins

1984 SN2001 - sold
1976 Ski Tique - Sold
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
  Share Topic